• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who Likes Pikachu?

Years
  • I think it's funny with its Thunder attack on people (the Rockets), it hasn't killed anyone yet. Or how Ash uses it at the wrong time and no one admonishes him for it (the early Hoenn Contests).

Or the fact the rat sometimes had a smirk whenever it fried the Rockets (particularly in Johto). Makes you wonder.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Oh, he was cool in the first season, then all the over-ratedness went to the producer's heads... Raichu got kicked out to the sidelines, and all realism regarding Pikachu vanished.

So, yeah, in answer to your question, no, I don't like Pikachu, because it's too full of itself.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    I think it's funny with its Thunder attack on people (the Rockets), it hasn't killed anyone yet. Or how Ash uses it at the wrong time and no one admonishes him for it (the early Hoenn Contests).

Or the fact the rat sometimes had a smirk whenever it fried the Rockets (particularly in Johto). Makes you wonder.

A thunderbolt to the Rockets blasts them 35000 feet into the air, but a shock to another lighter Pokémon doesnt do much.

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
  • Agreed. I am so tired of "were blasting off again" I could cry. Sooner or later, I'm gonna lose my head and e-mail complaints to Pokemon until they cry. "Were messing up again!"

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    Ash needs to shove a Thunder Stone down his Pikachu's throat already.

Years
  • I hate that little piece of Crap Ash's Best ever pokemon were Charizard, Snorlax, Bayleef, Sceptile, Donphan i reckon Caterpie is better than Pikachu

I dont like the idea that the 4 oringal legends Were Mew(very nice), Celebi(nice again), Jarachi(nice yet again) and Pikachu what a crap idea

gigi44

Ruthless Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2008
    They make that pikachu super invincible on the show. Then it is a brat. It whines and complains, and does not have to battle if it does not want to. Then they cheat for it, like make its thunder affect Onix and stuff, when in-game it does not. Then it steals attention from all the other pokemon of Ash's. Then each new season, or every two, Ash gets new pokemon and keeps Pikachu. I wish Charizard, or Bulbasaur could come back. It could do something except for being a brat, like evolve. I also have to admit that there are times where I like it. Pikachu is also on every piece on merchandise, I think it is like their mascot pokemon. That's why they treat it so special.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    Hey, don't blame Pikachu for Ash's Deus Ex Machina! X3

It was his first Pokemon so it only makes sense that he feels so attached to it and trains it the most. Pokemon has a lot of friendhip themes and Pikachu was his very first. It's never going to leave or evolve for the same reasons.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    I guess Pikachu is ok. It's cute and all but when is it going to evolve? And it seems to only know Thunderbolt. So its half good for me, half pathedic for me

Like I said, it probably won't evolve. Ash was going to in the first season, but he felt to attached to his friend. He likes it the way it is.

Besides Pokemon wouldn't have a cuddly little mascot anymore so it's even more doubtful.

It's been using Iron Tail a lot recently so at least they gave it one new ability.

Meezu

Stealing your food since 1994
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2013
    I wouldn't complain. Pikachu MADE Pokemon. It DEFINES Pokemon. Without a mascot like Pikachu, it would have been ten times more difficult to market the show or the merchandise and make it stick in peoples' minds.

And besides, it's cute.
    x3

Back