• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who reads Shonen Jump

Isaac 1

Greatest NINJA swordsman
    Years
    I read Naruto. I'm almost as obsessed as i am w/ Golden Sun. I'm even going to get some ninja socks and shoes. :bandit:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I've got every issue except one because I neglected to renew my subscription for a month. =\ But I love reading it. ^_^ I do wish they wouldn't replace all the sound effects with english ones, though. @_@;

This goes in Other Anime and Manga. *moves*

Cherrim

Years
    It's called your signature. ^_^; This topic should answer a few questions, I'm sure. If not, just browse around in that forum and you should find everything you need. If you ever have any other questions about the forums, post them there instead of in topics like this. =\

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I've gotten every issue sicne January. I read everything in it except for that horrible DBZ and that preview of Ultimate Muscle. My favorite manga in Shonen Jump is Shaman King.

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    Shonen Jump rocks. I read every manga in it, altho i don't really enjoy Yugioh or DBZ. My favorite right now is Hikaru no Go, followed by Shaman King, & then Naruto (the Naruto anime is almost identical to the manga, & I've seen every ep of it).

I like the translated sound effects. What i don't like is some of the names they came up for the jutsus in naruto, but that's about the only gripe I have. I also wish they'd replace DBZ with sumthin' good, like Bleach.

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    i read it as much as i can, i often go to the book store to late to buy it, so i should really subscribe...
    my favortite is shaman king and i like hikaru no go... i kinda the the yu-yu hakusho...

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Kenta-kun said:
    Shonen Jump rocks. I read every manga in it, altho i don't really enjoy Yugioh or DBZ. My favorite right now is Hikaru no Go, followed by Shaman King, & then Naruto (the Naruto anime is almost identical to the manga, & I've seen every ep of it).

I like the translated sound effects. What i don't like is some of the names they came up for the jutsus in naruto, but that's about the only gripe I have. I also wish they'd replace DBZ with sumthin' good, like Bleach.
    no way! then bleach would take forever to finish at ther ate shonen jump does it....i like weekly and vjump better....all the manga in the american one right now suck's well dbz hng and shaman king are about the only good ones in there.

Cherrim

Years
    I'd rather get it weekly like the Japanese version, but considering that the manga has to be translated and localized, printed (on paper of a much higher quality than its Japanese counterpart) and then shipped off... it would be hard to distribute the magazine weekly. Plus, I doubt there's enough demand for it, as that would be fairly costly. =\

Cherrim

Years
    Well, I think that printing the American version of Shonen Jump on paper of a lesser quality would be a good move for Viz. To my understanding, the way WSJ works in Japan is people buy it cheaply (because of the paper quality) and read it. Then they can just toss it out and if they want to have the manga for keeps, they buy the graphic novels. If that were to happen in North America, not only would it keep the fans happy because of decreased SJ prices, but it might also boost the sales of graphic novels. (They'd sure work a **** of a lot better than those ads in the margins - however amusing they may be.)

Cherrim

Years
    I can see doing a bi-weekly SJ, I suppose. The closer to the original, the better. I guess the annoying thing is how WSJ is larger in size than the American SJ.... and it comes out WEEKLY whereas we get a lesser amount of manga MONTHLY. Viz could at least make the effort to give us more manga for the price we're paying. ._.;

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    It would also be nice if they'd use some new manga no1's ever heard of. Stuuf like Yugioh, Yuyu Hakusho, & DBZ are OLD, & using them makes it look like Jump is using the "popularity" of those series to boost its sales

Isaac 1

Greatest NINJA swordsman
    Years
    YOUN DON'T LIKE NARUTO!? That is my favorite one. The third book chapter 27, The end of it is sooooo coooooool. Naruto is all like, "I"M GONNA KILL YOU!!!" to Haku.

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    U're pretty behind if u're just on that chapter, it was published a while ago. Naruto's good, but if u've seen it then u don't need to read it (it's still my third-favorite manga in the magazine tho). Shaman King's good cuz the manga is different from the anime (it goes way more in-depth), but the Naruto manga is almost identical to the anime (& watching the same thing, only moving & in colour, is a lot easier on the eyes)

Back