• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who rules the world

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    You ever wonder who are the leaders in the other region, and why when the evil team try to take power it was you and maybe one other person trying to stopped them. where was the president or his police(i know there was looker) so my question is would you like to see this type of role in black and white?

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    There were cops and stuff. Like in Kanto, there was an investigator who claimed to be hot on Team Rocket's trail. He was either at the Pokemon Center at Mt. Moon or in Pewter City. There were also cops that would attack you at night time in the Johto region, confusing you for Rocket grunts or other criminals who would be creaping through the night.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    But in kanto that was pretty much there only line, and.the ones in johto really only served as a new trainer class. I would like it if when you arrived at the evil teams base cops or who ever would play a role,.you know try to make it look like your not the only only one trying to stop them

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    Well. . . you are the only one. Most of these plots were secret. The headquarters were all secret, and in every instance, they never got around to doing anything really bad because the player barges in and stops them. Police need warrants and reasonable suspicion, and these teams are secret. The player stumbling in on that secret is merely a plot device.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    And because I know someone will bring it up: you don't see cops and stuff when evil teams take over buildings like Silph and the Radio Tower because those are practically hostage situations.

Starling008

Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    There are cops trying to stop the evil "teams", but I guess they just aren't skilled enough to take down all those level 20 Zubats and Grimers. The reason the player is always the one to thwart the teams is because the player is stronger than the region's law enforcement, I guess. Which really doesn't make sense because how would the law enforcment control you or other strong trainers if you went bad?
    No, I think law enforcement in Pokemon is only meant to deal with minor problems like petty thiefs. Like when your rival stole the starter Pokemon in G/S/C, HG/SS, a police officer came to investigate. But more major problems are left to gym leaders, elite four, and once and a while a very strong trainer(the player). In G/S/C, HG/SS, Lance, the champion of Johto helps defeat Team Rocket when they come to Johto, respectively.

Well. . . you are the only one. Most of these plots were secret. The headquarters were all secret, and in every instance, they never got around to doing anything really bad because the player barges in and stops them. Police need warrants and reasonable suspicion, and these teams are secret. The player stumbling in on that secret is merely a plot device.

But I have to agree with you more than what I said.

As for the leaders...I don't think there are leaders in Pokemon. There are corperations and services(like law enforcement), but financially, I think it is more simple than the real world. You buy with money, and you get paid for work(or winning Pokemon battles). There is no financial aid, because everyone in the Pokemon world seems nice enough to help their neighbor out. If you needed more money, you could train your Pokemon(which does not require any money) and win a bunch of battles. In this system, there is no need for a government. People can take care of themselves within their own communities. With no government, there are also no taxes. One of the major points of the Pokemon world is that people live simply and without much worry beyond their own little niche in the world.

Sorry for the long post- it's probably because I love sociology so much...I just had so much to say!

Last edited:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I hope that Professor Araragi is the one helping to stop. Either her or the protagonist's mom or dad.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Gonna move this to Pokémon General because it's honestly not B/W-only. :S

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    I've always considered that the Pokemon World's Government is an unseen Democracy and that the Elite 4 acts as a Figurehead, similar to the Queen of England or Zapp Beeblebrox(HGTTG reference FTW). They don't have any real power, but did at one point and now people sort of "Honor" them. Clair, Lance, and Wallace are really all descendants of Royalty, but it really isn't official. I'm guessing it will be an amalgamation of the Japanese and American Government systems. So there will be an Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches as well as an electoral process and representatives. We just never see them.

I have always liked the idea of the Elite 4 like that.

That's my opinion. Many people don't take into consideration that these "Towns" aren't really towns, but representations of towns. Towns are much MUCH bigger in real life, and the towns we see in-game are simply smaller versions/models of them. So there is probably a Court and a Voting Office in every town, we just don't see them because the Towns in the games have been iconically small.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    As for the leaders...I don't think there are leaders in Pokemon. There are corperations and services(like law enforcement), but financially, I think it is more simple than the real world. You buy with money, and you get paid for work(or winning Pokemon battles). There is no financial aid, because everyone in the Pokemon world seems nice enough to help their neighbor out. If you needed more money, you could train your Pokemon(which does not require any money) and win a bunch of battles. In this system, there is no need for a government. People can take care of themselves within their own communities. With no government, there are also no taxes. One of the major points of the Pokemon world is that people live simply and without much worry beyond their own little niche in the world.

This is what I think it's like. The most powerful benevolent (a.k.a. not evil teams) organisation is probably the Pokemon League.

Tiax

It's Show Time
    Years
    You ever wonder who are the leaders in the other region, and why when the evil team try to take power it was you and maybe one other person trying to stopped them. where was the president or his police(i know there was looker) so my question is would you like to see this type of role in black and white?

First of all, Tiax rules the world. He rules all. =/

Second, Team Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Galactic aren't much of a threat. Some of them are just petty crooks (the Grunts for example) while the leaders try to use them to reach their unbelievable goals anyway. Besides, what could a normal cop do? These guys are packing heat in tiny lil' balls. Everyone always relies on you, the hero. Who else would kick bad guy butt? Basically, to make a long story short, president and police don't care.

Trainer Matt

PokéFriend!
    Years
    Another reason I envy the world of Pokémon, everything is so straight forward. It's reasonable to assume each town or city has someone in charge. A mayor or what not. But you don't really get the impression it goes beyond that in the world of Pokémon. Since everyone has the mentality of wanting to help each other out and the likes. World Peace ftw! heh.

Though, saying that. Since your player captures every legendary Pokémon and completes his pokédex eventually.. There's no reason you couldn't conquer the world yourself with the likes of Mewtwo and Mew.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I wanna see what I said before (With the encounters of You, Evil Team, and Champion of E4) and also for the Chef of the Police station to issue you a honored member of the "Take Down Team Evilface" Department (After the Chef notices your encounters with them and stopping them) kind of like how Lan and Megaman become Netsavers in the Axess series of Megaman Anime...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The main regions of the Pokemon world are set in Japanese territory.
    Japan has been a constitutional monarchy with a democratic government of some kind since 1946, I don't know anything about it myself so you'd do best to read about it on Wikipedia or the like.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    It seems that the world of Pokemon has no universal leader. At least, one has never been noted or introduced. It's just how it's always been really.

In the anime, the Pokemon world does have a police force with Officer Jenny leading each force in all the different cities. However, it seems that their numbers are minimal compared to the actual members of an evil team - especially Team Galactic. Seriously, where do they keep getting those grunts from?! As for the games - the police officers are trainers, so they're kinda useless. The one who does help, Looker, also couldn't do anything really significant due to the fact that it was only him. XD;

Also, in the movies, the Pokemon Rangers seem to pose an authority in Pokemon world. And that's logical since they are rangers, so they are in charge of the natural environment. But, still, even they have problems with numbers. Well, in the anime and movies at least. In the spin-off games, there are more than enough to make sure that the evil teams don't take over and the Pokemon are all safe.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I've always considered that the Pokemon World's Government is an unseen Democracy and that the Elite 4 acts as a Figurehead, similar to the Queen of England or Zapp Beeblebrox(HGTTG reference FTW). They don't have any real power, but did at one point and now people sort of "Honor" them. Clair, Lance, and Wallace are really all descendants of Royalty, but it really isn't official. I'm guessing it will be an amalgamation of the Japanese and American Government systems. So there will be an Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches as well as an electoral process and representatives. We just never see them.

I have always liked the idea of the Elite 4 like that.

That's my opinion. Many people don't take into consideration that these "Towns" aren't really towns, but representations of towns. Towns are much MUCH bigger in real life, and the towns we see in-game are simply smaller versions/models of them. So there is probably a Court and a Voting Office in every town, we just don't see them because the Towns in the games have been iconically small.

Good points, good points. I fully agree, though I'd say pokemon is more like a mix of the Japanese/EU governmental systems than American. I think this b/c:
    1) All the regions share the same currency (EU)

2) Like you said the elite four are figureheads, and the towns do have a governoring body but it's not seen (they're municipalities). The head of these municipalities could be the gym leaders, and from there they go on to represent a larger region (say prefecture..again this is where Japan comes in). Ones representing prefectures are then chosen to become apart of the federal govt that we know nothing of. The members of the federal govt would be the elite four. The champion would be the person who represents the region as a whole, was picked by the elite four (or in our case just the strongest) and then comes together w/ other champions from the other regions to represent the ruling body of the pokemon world. In a way it's similar to the EU except there is not just one person holding the 'presidency' spot of the Union, it's about 4 diff. people from each region. So in sort the govt heirachy goes: municipality (local govt) --> prefecture (state govt)-->federal government --> world government

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    1 problem. EU don't all have the same currency. Britain still wors in £ sterling, not Euros. Although our government would bow down and kiss the feet of the EU if they asked them to change our currency, sadly.....

I don't think Lance would ever let himself be a figurehead....Wallace seems willing enough.......Blue doesn't stay champion long enough.......Cynthia probably would be a figurehead...

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    Acreus. He Makes various things to guide you. He drops items, makes trainers, Makes infinite bidoofs and crap. He makes the legendary pokémon.

He is the ruler. He killed all the leaders before Red's time, even Oak's. He killed all witnesses and traces.

The pokémon world is a game to him. He is Nintendo and Game Freak Itself!

Back