• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who should/should not be a legendary?

EliteNeutrono37

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Hello!

EliteNeutrono here. We've seen strong non-legendaries before; Dragonite, Hydreigon, Spiritomb, and many more. From the normal list of Pokemon, who do you think deserves the title of Legendary?

In my opinion, the most deserving is Spiritomb. It not only has no weakness, but it has high Defenses. What it lacks in Speed and Attack is made up in Sp. Attack. I have a Spiritomb, unbeatable, and its moves are: Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Shadow Ball, and Energy Ball.

So, leave your replies on who you think is a deserving legend. Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Spiritomb hardly seems too even resemble a legendary much less a pseudo legendary. If he was so great battle wise he would have been moved up from UU(which I believe he is currently at. I'd prefer Chandelure and Gengar too be more of a Legendy then Spiritomb, not that any of them strike me as legend. Then again Victini doesn't resemble much of a Legendary pokemon but it is none the less. I always thought Lucario had some Legendaryish thing about it since the first time I saw it in the opening of one of the AG seasons. And then in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, which Lucario played a feature role in. I got the same feeling about Zoroark, until I saw Zorua not too long after.

TY

I also think Spiritomb, but Sableye is the same type as Spiritomb so it has no weaknesses.

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Back when I was bad at pokemon I thaught that arcanine a legendary was same with weavile probarly any pokemon with pressure ability.

Arcanine needs to be legendary same with dragonite.

Years
  • Thing is- alot of Legendary Pokemon aren't all powerful, and don't seem so special to me. Aside for the fact that they are rare (like victini). When advertising for Lucario I also thought he was going to be a Legendary. I made that mistake again when ads for the BW serise came out and I saw Zoroark.
    Zoroark should be a legendary, considering you have to obtain it by event (or by trade). That and just it's name: Zoro and Ark :)

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    For me, I'd say it would have to be Volcarona, it's stats are amazing. If only Larvesta didn't exist it probably would be considered a Legendary. Also, like other people said Zoroark and Lucario I could see as legendaries. But that's about it in my opinion.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Volcarona pretty much has every qualification necessary to be a legendary except a pre-evo. It has a legend behind it, it's found deep in a well-hidden area at a high level, it can't learn Attract (yet has gender :\), it has high stats, and it's located right before every other Unova legendary in the Pokedex. There's a thread about Volcarona in the Black and White forum.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Volcarona pretty much has every qualification necessary to be a legendary except a pre-evo. It has a legend behind it, it's found deep in a well-hidden area at a high level, it can't learn Attract (yet has gender :\), it has high stats, and it's located right before every other Unova legendary in the Pokedex. There's a thread about Volcarona in the Black and White forum.
    Phione isn't a pre-evo of Manaphy now? Volcarona also seems to give of a legendary feel.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Pre-evolution means that it's a form of the pokemon before it EVOLVES into the Pokemon and since Phione doesn't evolve into Manaphy that makes Phione and Manaphy technically two separate species, though most likely closely related. But that's off-topic.

When Black and White were released I thought Volcarona was a legendary. I personally think we could use a good legendary bug-type, because Genesect does not impress me very much.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Volcaronaaaaa. I mean, just go look at my thread in B/W and you'll see how much I wish it was a legendary and all the work I put into my theory that it originally was one and now it's not, lol.

But I don't wanna get rid of Larvesta because it's sooo cute ;o;

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Other than Volcarona (who's very deserving of legendary status), I would've liked it if Lucario and Zoroark were introduced as legendaries.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Nothing needs to be legendary. The are way too many of them now and I'm sick of them.

Simipour

Geyser Pokemon
    Years
  • I thought Absol was a pseudo-legendary when it was first revealed, and with its huge attack stat and what it's based on it would be interesting if it was (but I like it the way it is, tbh). Zoroark and Lucario I could see as legends too, considering they got their own movies.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
  • I agree with pretty much everyone else here, Volcarona has the look, the strength and the move pool. I also see Lucario as a potential legendary because of the movie featuring him, plus he has the attitude!!! ;)

Snorelacks

Lucario and Zoroark for sure, the little mascots for BW and DP. Spiritomb looks like a legendary, and saying that, I mean a Rotom or Phione-type legendary, not a Heatran- or Palkia-type legendary. So Spiritomb should be a legendary, just not classified as Uber. Seriously, look at Moltres! Jirachi! Suicune! They can hold their own in their tiers (and those tiers are not Uber). Volcarona also screams out "legendary" to me (and Uber too, for that matter). Its design, stats, rarity, everything, except for that damn Larvesta. Also, the "twins" Ninetales and Arcanine could be legendary. Both of them have sleek, majestic designs, Ninetales has an ability exclusive to Groudon, and Arcanine's species is the Legendary Pokemon for crying out loud!
    Covering Pseudo-Legends:

Dragonite:
    Should not be a legendary by design (because they should all be legendary stat-wise, right?). It's awesome, but it looks sort of like Barney or that blue guy from "Dragon Tales".

Tyranitar:
    Should not be a legendary, mainly due to its Rock typing and general design. Sure, it's an awesome Pokemon, but not a mythical creature found in the depths of, oh, Victory road. Yes, I'm referencing Terrakion.

Salamence:
    Should be a legendary because of its design and incredible mixed offensive stats and good speed. Dragon typing adds to its should-be legendary status even more.

Metagross:
    Is a freakin' hunk of steel with legs. Never should it be a legendary.

Garchomp:
    Is Uber with Salamence, but should not be a legend due to design. Also, the Ground typing doesn't really make you think of a legendary Pokemon.

Hydreigon:
    God, this thing should totally be legendary. It's... awesome... and more awesome... dripping with awesomeness... etc. Yeah.

So, to recap, these should be legendary:
    Spiritomb
    Lucario
    Zoroark
    Volcarona
    Ninetales
    Arcanine
    Salamence
    Hydreigon

What do you think?

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2011
    Spiritomb definitely. I also would've chosen Lucario and Zoroark if it hadn't been for Riolu and Zorua... Also maybe Arcanine (since he is a "Legendary" Pokémon after all"), and Volcanora.

Shea Man

Gyarados
    Kabuto
    Kabutops
    Aerodactyl
    Dratini
    Dragonair
    Dragonite
    Absol
    Zangoose
    Seviper
    Anorith
    Armaldo
    Lileep
    Cradily
    Baltoy
    Claydol
    Feebas
    Milotic
    Lunatone
    Solrock
    Huntail
    Gorebyss
    Relicanth
    Luvdisc
    Beldum
    Metang
    Metagross
    Cranidos
    Rampardos
    Riolu
    Lucario
    Spiritomb
    Rotom
    Phione

I don't have Gen V

Gyarados should be a Legend just because of its sheer power, however, the Anime oversells it in Video Games.
    All fossils deserve a place as a legend, I think.
    The Dratini family is extraordinary battle-wise and rare.
    Absol, of course, because of its abilities, and, in Gen III, Razor Wind was its Signature Move.
    The Zangoose/Seviper rivalry because they're like Palkia and Dialga, and they're rare.
    The Baltoy family are like fossils
    Feebas is extremely rare, only being found in Mt. Coronet's Lake on the way to Snowpoint
    You can't tell me Lunatone and Solrock shouldn't be legends. They're rare and powerful, only being found at Mt. Meteor(?)
    Gorebyss and Huntail are rare because the only way to get either is by trade with an item, or straight up trade.
    Relicanth, like fossils.
    Luvdisc is extremely rare - I don't remember ever catching one.
    There's only one Beldum, and that's only in Emerald.
    The Riolu family should be rare due to their raw power, rarity, and story ties.
    Spiritomb for the same reason (DPPt and TDS)
    Rotom obly appears once every game
    Phione is an egg from the Legendary Manaphy.

Back