• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who thinks Celebi will be catchable this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Too easy and too common for Celebi is like a "no-no" to me seeing as it has been kept special ever since it first came out as an event.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, I wouldn't use an AR Code to get Celebi anyway, it won't legit, which is something I don't deal with. Though, yeah even if Celebi isn't held as an event there are other people you can trade with through WiFi who have jusst as equally legit Celebis up for trade.

Years
    I like the style of events they're doing for Platinum, where you collect an item over Wi-fi and use it to unlock the special Pokémon, who you can then catch ingame. It allows for the possibility of catching shinies! :D

Wi-fi events are fair, since they're accessible to everyone, unlike the old, at-location events, which were almost always just done in the US and Japan. (Sometimes elsewhere across Europe, but ANYWHERE but Canada. >=[)

So this is fine. Get your GS Ball over Wi-fi, take it to Kurt, take it to the shrine, battle a wild Celebi.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I DONT want it to be a wi-fi event, celebi would be too common...

Celebi would be common no matter which way they hold it as an event. If they hold it through a store, there will still be a large supply of people going to get it, and then there will be those who receive more than one and begin trading them around through W-Fi. If it is held in-game, then it'll definitely become excessively common and that won't make Celebi the least valuable as it was even if held through Wi-Fi.

Even if held through Wi-Fi and a lot more people are bale to get it, less trades will be made for it, unless it deals with IVs, EVs, and natures. Though, keep in mind not everyone looks for those kind of things with Pokémon as not everyone is a competitive battler. Anyway, it'll be best to hold it through Wi-Fi, because it'll increase the sell of the game, it'll also create less of a complaint that not everyone was able to get it. Plus, not to mention if Nintendo and GameFreak are making good reviews through holding events on Wi-Fi, then it'll be no doubt they're going to continue until something new comes to mind that might create a better chance of holding events other than Wi-Fi.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    People are going to able to get Celebi no matter what. If it wasn't a wifi event, it wouldn't matter because anyone with wifi would be able to trade with someone who cloned Celebi and is probably distributing it for free. Seriously, is there any Pokemon that isn't common? All you have to do is ask for it in the right thread and you'll get whatever.

Anyway, I doubt Celebi will be catchable in game like Ho-oh and Lugia are. Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy/Shaymin were not catchable in game before, so why should HGSS be any different? It'll be either a wifi even of it will be distributed at Toys R' Us, or similar stores.

kingfisher309

I lurrve zubat =D
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    somewhat i think they will keep as an event pokemon only
    if everyone has him, he wont be that rare.

maybe when a crystal remake comes out, he will be in that?

Years
    I want Celebi to be in-game. I don't want to trade for it. I'm not going to trade my Celebi for some level 100 hacked Pokemon. I actually don't like the GTS. Everyone asks for a Deoxys and it takes the whole fun out of catching all Pokemon. Sure, it's okay for getting the other two starters, but most of the people ask for legendaries. Most of the Pokemon the people offer have bad stats or they've been given tons of Rare Candies. I want to catch Celebi in-game so I don't have to deal with trading others. I want to see the GS ball and be able to activate Celebi's appearance. If it can't be in-game, then I want to be able to obtain the GS ball via Mystery Gift via wifi. I don't want to go to Toys 'R Us for it.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    People are going to able to get Celebi no matter what. If it wasn't a wifi event, it wouldn't matter because anyone with wifi would be able to trade with someone who cloned Celebi and is probably distributing it for free. Seriously, is there any Pokemon that isn't common? All you have to do is ask for it in the right thread and you'll get whatever.

Anyway, I doubt Celebi will be catchable in game like Ho-oh and Lugia are. Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy/Shaymin were not catchable in game before, so why should HGSS be any different? It'll be either a wifi even of it will be distributed at Toys R' Us, or similar stores.
    This.
    Seriously. Even if there isn't an event releasing Celebi out to the public through Wi-Fi or whatever methods, there's always going to be those people that hack the game and give out Celebis for free. This has always been the case with legendaries.

And I'm actually expecting to see some Celebis floating around before an event, anyway. Arceuous and Shaymin anyone? cx

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Every single Pokemon besides Celebi and Jirachi has been catchable in-game since the 3rd gen (and Jirachi had the UK Channel, so that kind of counts...), so it seems like it's plausible that Celebi will finally be catchable (and nicknamable!). Plus there's already a set-up ingame event in the old versions so they wouldn't have to add new events like in FrLg, and the whole event with the Notched-Ear Pichu and Pikachu-Colored Pichu in the Ilex Forest might mean something.

I do hope the event is available through WiFi if it's included in the game at all, cause if not I probably won't be able to get it =P. Plus it seems like Nintendo is finally using the WiFi capabilities for events.

Isabelle

★ Emo Princess ★
    Years
    I guess it's just the same. But they would prepare an event for it. Im pretty sure they will. But who guess...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    somewhat i think they will keep as an event pokemon only
    if everyone has him, he wont be that rare.

maybe when a crystal remake comes out, he will be in that?

I doubt a Crystal remake will come out, as we've never gotten a Yellow remake. Plus, it has been stated by GameFreak themselves they are not looking into a new remake at the moment. Though, it'll more than likely be held as a Wi-Fi event just like the other legengary Pokémon its similar and equal genre.

I want Celebi to be in-game. I don't want to trade for it. I'm not going to trade my Celebi for some level 100 hacked Pokemon. I actually don't like the GTS. Everyone asks for a Deoxys and it takes the whole fun out of catching all Pokemon. Sure, it's okay for getting the other two starters, but most of the people ask for legendaries. Most of the Pokemon the people offer have bad stats or they've been given tons of Rare Candies. I want to catch Celebi in-game so I don't have to deal with trading others. I want to see the GS ball and be able to activate Celebi's appearance. If it can't be in-game, then I want to be able to obtain the GS ball via Mystery Gift via wifi. I don't want to go to Toys 'R Us for it.

Having Celebi in-game will be great, but then there is the possibility of them setting IVs for it, which more than likely competitive players wouldn't enjoy. It'll change the effects of what its Hidden Power might be and wouldn't make it as wanted anymore if held through Wi-Fi. Here is where people get to actually utilize trades and battles with Celebi. They can trade for right natures they might be searching for, they can battle to see how great their new Celebi works through competitive battling, and it'll keep the Pokémon just as equally rare as others obtained through events. The GS Ball even through Wi-Fi to me is the better ideas as well. Reason being, because people can finally get the nature they want with the right IVs for whichever purpose they might want to use it for. Also, for the great shiny hunters we havem they will also be given the opportunity to get a shiny Celebi. Having it through an event is pretty popular no matter how many people may dislike it, but it'll defintiely lessen the amount of hacks of it.

A bit of advice, I wouldn't try to trade for legendaries through the GTS. Using PC's Trade Center would be a better idea as there are shops who offer legit Celebis.

This.
    Seriously. Even if there isn't an event releasing Celebi out to the public through Wi-Fi or whatever methods, there's always going to be those people that hack the game and give out Celebis for free. This has always been the case with legendaries.

And I'm actually expecting to see some Celebis floating around before an event, anyway. Arceuous and Shaymin anyone? cx

Yeah, there will never be a time when people stop hacking for legendaries. It is just a normal cycle in the Pokémon games. Celebis have already been around before this event as well, as there have been anniversary Celebis and other things of the such with it. Though, hacked Celebis may come free, legit ones won't come to cheap, especially if you're trading with someone who knows a thing or to about equal trades as well.

Every single Pokemon besides Celebi and Jirachi has been catchable in-game since the 3rd gen (and Jirachi had the UK Channel, so that kind of counts...), so it seems like it's plausible that Celebi will finally be catchable (and nicknamable!). Plus there's already a set-up ingame event in the old versions so they wouldn't have to add new events like in FrLg, and the whole event with the Notched-Ear Pichu and Pikachu-Colored Pichu in the Ilex Forest might mean something.

I do hope the event is available through WiFi if it's included in the game at all, cause if not I probably won't be able to get it =P. Plus it seems like Nintendo is finally using the WiFi capabilities for events.

Note, not every single Pokémon has been able to be caught in-game, because Mew and Shaymin needed an even to activate it. The in-game events for it were only held in Japan as well, except for maybe a few. Nevertheless, you still needed an event to get them. I still doubt a great Pokémon like Celebi will be held in-game, even as good as it may sound, Nintendo and GameFreak earn money by holding events, and they wouldn't let something this popular slip out of their hands. The Notch-Eared Pichu event might have nothing to do with Celebi though, and just because it was seen infront of the Shrine in Ilex Forest, doesn't give us much info on if they have any connections. It is still a bit too soon to tell. Though it was stated that to get the Notch Eared Pichu, the Pikachu Colored Pichu had to be traded in from DPPt, so that'll be a lot of activating just to get to Celebi.

I'm hoping though it'll be kept as a Wi-Fo event, more over dealing with the GS Ball will be a plus.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Seeing as Celebi is the "twins" to Mew, Jirachi, Manaphy, and Shaymin, it too will most likely be an event to match the others. I highly doubt Game Freak would not have it as an event.

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
    celebi wont be AS common if it was held in-stores...

actually I think if it was an event then I would want it to be japan only..

that way it wont be common and I will b able to trade for it ;)

sorry guys but thats my opinion

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    Hopefully Celebi will once again be catchable. In the actual second generation, only Crystal allowed it. But since Crystal isn't an issue or a factor this time around, who knows. Maybe it'll be an event like it was in the third generation games. Or (possibly) if you had a Celebi in Diamond and Pearl you could trade it over.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I cant see Celebi being captureable... I think it's gonna be an event only maybe tied in with the notched ear pichu..

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    celebi wont be AS common if it was held in-stores...

actually I think if it was an event then I would want it to be japan only..

that way it wont be common and I will b able to trade for it ;)

sorry guys but thats my opinion

I repsect your opinion, but I don't think that'll happen this time around. Back then, when Celebi was only an event for Japan was because of so many different phone services in America. As time progressed we got things through Toys 'R Us, which is still being held to this day. Though, now we have Wi-Fi, and with this I'm pretty sure is what Nintendo and GameFreak and taking grasp of. Yes, Celebi should remain unique, and it still will because it isn't like everyone will use it through Wi-Fi battles, and those who choose to use it in-game isn't like you'll see them all the time. Of Course, Celebi will be seen throughout trade shops, but still it'll remain rare as no one will let it go for such an easy trade.

Hopefully Celebi will once again be catchable. In the actual second generation, only Crystal allowed it. But since Crystal isn't an issue or a factor this time around, who knows. Maybe it'll be an event like it was in the third generation games. Or (possibly) if you had a Celebi in Diamond and Pearl you could trade it over.

Catchable, through a Wi-Fi event including the GS Ball will be great. Just like how it was in Crystal is what I'm hoping for. Simply getting Celebi makes us lose out on all the fun of at least encountering it and catching it. Yes, Crystal is out of the way now, and that leaves HeartGold and SoulSilver as vulnerable targets for the event, which you have to admit, has a very good chance of being held.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back