• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who thinks Celebi will be catchable this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, I agree on you about that. There are a lot of people who want events but can't get them because their parents don't want to drive all that way. Or because they just don't want to leave to go somewhere and get something. That is why I think WiFi is the best option, and it seems very likely, because Nintendo and GameFreak have been more holding their events on WiFi recently. I would expect Celebi to be obtained through WiFi with the GS Ball, and in the near future I expect many other events to be held thruogh WiFi as well.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    Who thinks Celebi will be catchable this time or will it be an event pokemon like Shaymin.

Now in the japaese G/S Celebi was catchable by connecting your cell phone to your Game Boy. That couldn't work here in america because there were to many cell phone companies in america for nintendo to provide the cell phone to GB cable like they did in japan.

awww to bad that itll be an event pokemon like almsot all the great legendaries of the other pokemon games. because nintendo doesnt wanna make this needless remake any easier then the other ones

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Having Celebi caught in game will be a little too easy, but I don't think that is what GameFreak is too concerned about right now.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Celebi had better be catchable! (please, Nintendo? :)). It is one of the few Pokemon barring people from National Pokedex completion these days. Personally, I'd really like Celebi (and all other event Pokemon) to be catchable in-game. Not all people with DPPt and a DS have Wi-Fi access. (Heck, I haven't even entered Gen. 4 yet! :() Game Freak would just have to make the process of obtaining Celebi in-game really harder!

However, I suppose Celebi being obtainable via Wi-Fi for HG/SS is a blessing in itself, as a Wi-Fi event (accesible to all players with Wi-Fi) is much better than actual Nintendo events which require arduous travel. I mean, we've already had to pay enough for the game itself; paying extra for easily losable data is just wrong. (just like the infamous 'horse armor' in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for XB360 :cer_no:). Even with Pokemon given over Wi-Fi, you still have to pay monthly for continued Internet access to even obtain such Pokemon... (plus you'd have to purchase a Wireless Adapter if you haven't had Wi-Fi previously, in some cases) :t251:

In-game 'Event' Pokemon FTW!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    In-game event will be great, but I for one prefer it to be held through Wi-Fi event, just to keep Celebi the unique Pokémon it is. Though, even those who don't have Wi-Fi connection at home, it isn't like there aren't other places that have free Wi-Fi access to the public.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I hope you're wrong too [/lol], because it won't be fair if it's only held in Japan and not anywhere else, like how that did it when Crystal has its phone event for Celebi.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Wi-fi event would be cool. That is probably what they are trying the Secret Key Event for. To see if it works, and due to it being a success, I bet the GS ball will be made available over Wi-Fi as well.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It could be possible that the Secret Key could have been a test to see how well it played out. Seeing as it worked for me, and probably many others, then they actually might take it into a larger consideration, that is a good thought.

Years
    On 2nd thought, I'd rather catch Celebi in-game instead of an event. Who cares if it's common? We'll all be happy if we have one right? Say you get the GS ball off wifi. The wifi event is over, and you feel like doing a new game. You can't do a new game because then your Celebi goes bye-bye. You don't want to trade it over to DPPt, and do a new game, because then you can never access the Celebi event again. (I say this because I've had this problem with Platinum. I would like to do a new game in Platinum. (I rushed through it and beat the game within a week.) After the Secret Key event took place, I was happy with the Rotom, but now I can't do a new game now or else I can't get the Secret Key anymore. You can't share the item.) That's why I'd rather catch Celebi in-game. I <3 Celebi.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    On 2nd thought, I'd rather catch Celebi in-game instead of an event. Who cares if it's common? We'll all be happy if we have one right? Say you get the GS ball off wifi. The wifi event is over, and you feel like doing a new game. You can't do a new game because then your Celebi goes bye-bye. You don't want to trade it over to DPPt, and do a new game, because then you can never access the Celebi event again. (I say this because I've had this problem with Platinum. I would like to do a new game in Platinum. (I rushed through it and beat the game within a week.) After the Secret Key event took place, I was happy with the Rotom, but now I can't do a new game now or else I can't get the Secret Key anymore. You can't share the item.) That's why I'd rather catch Celebi in-game. I <3 Celebi.

What you have said makes little sense. The Rotom and the Key makes sense, yeah, due to the fact of it being a one shot Item. Celebi, if available can be traded. true you won't be the OT, but an Event is an Event,. You can actually share the Rotom key Event with 5 friends apparently, through Mystery Gift, but i dunno if they can share it from there.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That is what I would do too if it was an event is to get both games. Because like Marxvile said with Celebi, it doesn't need an item for it to appear for you or in different forms like Rotom does. So, you'll simply just need to catch Celebi and trade it over to another game for the time being while you start over. Plus, yeah I prefer Celebi being a rare find, or else it'll just annoy me like most common Pokémon you see.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I can dig that.
    And, If we don't get Wi-Fi down here, that's the way it's gonna happen. XD
    Of course, I'd only do the event trigger.

Celebi + Catchable outside of the Japan = WIN!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    To get Pokmon like Celebi, that is why. Still, I won't be using one to get Celebi even if it wasn't held as an event.

Years
    Most likely it will be an event i think it would be better if you were able to catch it in gameplay but i think its not going to happen it would make it to easy

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back