• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who thinks Celebi will be catchable this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine.

Escaping Beyond Hope
    Years
    • Age 27
    • GBR
    • Seen Oct 28, 2015
    I think it will be available via Nintendo Pokémon WiFi event. It usally is and celebi has never been catch able unless its a event.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, Celebi has never been in the game, so why start now?
    Anyway, Celebi can have an exculsive move, but not something that has not been created as yet, it would mess up transaction with DPPt.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If the hold the Celebi event and give it Seed Flare, then I can see it happening. Though, we're just going to have to wait and see.

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    It's probably going to be obtainable through one of these three:

A: It's a Wi-fi event (Most likely). You get it via Wi-Fi at Toys R Us or from plain Wi-Fi at your house like with Shaymin or the Rotom event.

B: It's a post game legendary, kind of like Cresselia. There is a problem and a Celebi wing is the only way it can be solved and Celebi flies around Johto.

C: It saves the day when all hope is lost and Lugia and Ho-Oh are in the midst of fighting or whatever. Obviously, no one knows what the climax of the plot will be for this game but if they do include Celebi in the plot it will probably be the force that saves the world from Lugia and Ho-Oh (assuming they will be against each other).

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    True, I could see it being given Seed Flare, but then Shaymin becomes completely obsolete (as opposed to just mostly obsolete). :P

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    It's probably going to be obtainable through one of these three:

A: It's a Wi-fi event (Most likely). You get it via Wi-Fi at Toys R Us or from plain Wi-Fi at your house like with Shaymin or the Rotom event.

B: It's a post game legendary, kind of like Cresselia. There is a problem and a Celebi wing is the only way it can be solved and Celebi flies around Johto.

C: It saves the day when all hope is lost and Lugia and Ho-Oh are in the midst of fighting or whatever. Obviously, no one knows what the climax of the plot will be for this game but if they do include Celebi in the plot it will probably be the force that saves the world from Lugia and Ho-Oh (assuming they will be against each other).

These are some really good ideas...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    True, I could see it being given Seed Flare, but then Shaymin becomes completely obsolete (as opposed to just mostly obsolete). :P

If they give Celebi the move Seed Flare, then I would say it'd most likely be an event. I couldn't picture a Celebi using Seed Flare so it should be an event in my opinion, if it was given the option to use that move.

Years
    It will definitely be obtainable in this go-around. I'm wondering if the whole Pikachu-Colored Pichu Event will lead to it, as they are in front of Celebi's Shrine. On the other hand, if the Shiny Pichu Event DID cause the Celebi Event to occur, then I would be somewhat disappointed. Why? Because, we couldn't do it in a better fashion. I'd rather download a Mystery Gift Item off of Wi-Fi. I can't make it to Toys R Us every year. And finally, because the GS Ball is a lot cooler than a shiny Pichu running around until a Time-Traveling Pocket Monster jumped out and tried to play patty-cake with it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I doubt that the Pichu case will be involved with it in anyway at all, even if it was seen infront of the Celebi Shrine.

I second your motion to bring in the Mystery Gift for the GS Ball so we can get Celebi with at least a little story.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It won't be a big deal whether they choose WiFi or Store located Event, as long as I can just get one when the time comes.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I sure hope that if it's catchable in game they distribute it by wi-fi!
    Nearest Gamestop- 2 hour drive
    Nearest Toyr R Us- 4+ hour drive

theres no way my parents are letting me take the car down to Minneapolis to get a celebi and comeback. Unless they start distirbuting events at wal-mart, they should stick with wi-fi. Better yet, just do it on wi-fi once or twice and then distribute other celebi events in stores for the city folk!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    You know what, in the US it wouldn't be a bad idea to actually hold the event in Wal Mart. so many people go there, they can buy the game and get the event all at the same time, including they bring their DS and get the PokéDex by then. Though, yeah WiFi is the best option I think.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I think there's gonna be an event so you can catch Celebi. Maybe a rare one, but I have a feeling it will be a rare event. Or maybe a prize at a tournament.

May need Action replay to catch it but who knows.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Oh dear, a tournament held for Celebi would be a bummer for me, if it were to be done that way. I'm more for the WiFi or GameStore Event.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wouldn't mind the Celebi event being like how it was held before DARKSHADE, but we don't know exactly for sure if it'll be like that or not as yet.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Oh no no, I thought you meant that, that is how it will be, I wasn't too clear that you were trying to tell everyone how it was in Crystal though. Anyway, if they do it like how it was in Crystal, I'd be very pleased because at least it has a little story to go with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back