• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who thinks Missingno should be a legendary pokemon?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Wow...
    No, maybe they could eventually make it into a type if they make a virus type like this but not legendary.
    Who thinks Missingno should be a legendary pokemon?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Does it really look like that?

At least one form of it. But it's really a 3-Dimensional Tetris block with broken pixels. It can also be a ghost or the skeletons of Aerodactyle and Kabutops.

I also think Missingno should somehow be a Pokemon as well. If it where a Pokemon, it could really bring pain to many. :X

I think it should some sorth of digital type. Unlike Digimon, it's gonna kill people when brought to the real world :D.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    I forgot about this pokeman... i thought it was a glitch too; but it would be interesting to hear it's back story...

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    Legendary, huh... And what would its associated legend be?

Missingno, filling the role of hellion adversary to the god Arceus, becaue every proper deity needs a nemesis. While Arceus is a god of order and creation, legend has it that Arceus's arch-enemy Missingno is a force of pure chaos and destruction, sometimes appearing as the skeletal remains of long-dead Pokémon, sometimes appearing as white noise incarnate: its five forms are known as Kabutops Forme, Aerodactyl Forme, Ghost Forme, Tetris Forme, and Matrix Forme.

While myths abound that those who stumble upon it go insane and lose their mind, or that it is the ruling deity over a realm known as Glitch City (a location found in Kanto myth, similar to Sinnoh's myths of the Torn World; perhaps they are associated), the only truly malevolent action Missingno is known to have taken is cause malfunctions in the PCs of trainers who have become Kanto Champions. And thus, modern historians doing research on the myths surrounding Missingno are forced to conclude that the legendary Missingno is not a truly "evil" Pokémon but, more likely, a trickster Pokémon that gets an undeservedly bad reputation due to its fear-inducing appearances, not unlike the reputation most Ghost-types earn.

In addition, more recent evidence has suggested that Missingno is, at times, benevolent. When young boys and girls find themselves facing a Trainer or a wild Pokémon without any Pokémon of their own, a strange Unown-like Pokémon in the shape of a floating symbol (suggested by many to be a mysterious sixth form of Missingno, Question Forme) will apparate out of the air to defend the child--and while it is easily defeated by any Pokémon it faces, its appearance and subsequent self-sacrifice allows the child to flee to the refuge of a nearby Pokémon Center. However, also supporting the "trickster" theory, when children who are saved by the mysterious Pokémon (possibly Question Forme Missingno) enter a Pokémon Center, it will have terrible malfunctions with the automatic Pokémon healing machine, causing it to throw Pokéballs wildly around the room.

... I had way too much fun with that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    awesome... You should do a whole FAN FICTION.

Legendary, huh... And what would its associated legend be?

Missingno, filling the role of hellion adversary to the god Arceus, becaue every proper deity needs a nemesis. While Arceus is a god of order and creation, legend has it that Arceus's arch-enemy Missingno is a force of pure chaos and destruction, sometimes appearing as the skeletal remains of long-dead Pokémon, sometimes appearing as white noise incarnate. While myths abound that those who stumble upon it go insane and lose their mind, or that it is the ruling deity over a realm known as Glitch City (a location found in Kanto myth, similar to Sinnoh's myths of the Torn World; perhaps they are associated), the only truly malevolent action Missingno is known to have taken is cause malfunctions in the PCs of trainers who have become Kanto Champions. And thus, modern historians doing research on the myths surrounding Missingno are forced to conclude that the legendary Missingno is not a truly "evil" Pokémon but, more likely, a trickster Pokémon that gets an undeservedly bad reputation due to its fear-inducing appearances, not unlike the reputation most Ghost-types earn.

... I had way too much fun with that.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I agree, that was a good theory! lol. I would just call Missingno a misunderstood pokemon.

Sobold

MissingNO!
    Years
    I'll tell you one thing. He/Shes going into my Fire Red edit, and only shows up at one spot in the game. You guessed it ;) Right on the coast of cinnabar island. While he wont give you 200 of the 6th item in your pc, and won't have 2 water gun attacks, he definitely will be there. Ponyta too :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Missigno isn't a pokemon. It's a glitch.
    So if it's a glitch, it can't be a legendary.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    YES. Definitely, yes.

Missingno is more legendary and difficult to obtain than any of the real legendaries. (The reason why is obvious lol.) It should be in the pokedex, but not possible to catch.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    Missigno isn't a pokemon. It's a glitch.
    So if it's a glitch, it can't be a legendary.

I don't think missingno. is a pokemon because its just a glitch... -_-

Well, duh. Of course not. Missingno is a screw up in the game's coding, nothing more.

Nevertheless, it's amusing to pretend it is a Pokémon/legendary. Fandom-specific inside jokes ftw.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Someone should make a sketch of the.... Glitch Ball!!!

It's should be cutomed design for Missingno.

Who or what named the glitch Missingno anyways?

Back