• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who thinks Missingno should be a legendary pokemon?

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    Yes, but I doubt Nintendo would do it, considering it was never supposed to appear in the game in the first place.

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
    Well I sorta liked Missingno. But then In Diamond,, My dumb friend used his action replay to now have it running around sinnoh, playing the roll as Cressilia and Misrpte.. :(
    So at this moment I am very agrivated with missingno cause I ran into it and My game crashed, but otherwise I do think it would be cool..

MissingNo. The Glitch Pokemon
    Said to be the most difficult to find.
    Hated my some, love by few.
    Sometimes taking form of Skelital Pokemon

Lol^^ I somebody should make a fake PokeDex Entry for it.. lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    my theory for missingno

mssingno comes fro a separate demension,filled with digital based monsters.however,missingno was glitchy,so they kicked him out.he arrived in the hall of origan,and,after accidentally eating arceus's kibble,was promptly banished to seafoam island,where arceuas attemped to kill it three years later

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    No offense but you guys are crazy.

You want to make a bunch of random pixels into a ledgey.

That's like wanting to make a log, president of the united states.
    Although, I can still see that happening for some reason >_>.

Dark Banette

♫♫♫♪♪
    Years
    Yes, the idea is pretty asinine.
    Missingno is a patch of pixels that causes destruction to a game. Don't most legendaries help you in some way?
    Eh..It will forever be a glitch, you can't change that.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    No offense but you guys are crazy.

You want to make a bunch of random pixels into a ledgey.

That's like wanting to make a log, president of the united states.
    Although, I can still see that happening for some reason >_>.

Dude, that would be epic. President Log. I'd totally vote for a log. :D

You know, directly calling a group of people "crazy" is what is known in most cultures as an "insult," in other words, a term that is used in order to cause offense. If you mean no offense, don't be offensive.

In any case, making a bunch of random pixels into a... ahem... a "ledgey" is not an act of insanity, it is an act of extreme silliness--which Pokémon actively promotes. It is not a serious game series. Look at Magikarp. Look at the I-like-shorts kid. Missingno as a legendary? Dorky and silly, yes. A dumb idea, debatable. Crazy, no.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    It shouldn't be a legendary Pokémon.

Even though it's story from Generation I has stuck with us and has become legendary in it's own right, Missingno. isn't officially a Pokémon. It is a glitch; a graphical oversight. Some of you are typing as if it was put there intentionally. It is not.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Well I sorta liked Missingno. But then In Diamond,, My dumb friend used his action replay to now have it running around sinnoh, playing the roll as Cressilia and Misrpte.. :(

That isn't possible. You can't just make whatever sprites you want to appear. It has to be programmed into the game, and Missingno is NOT in D/P/Plat.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    That isn't possible. You can't just make whatever sprites you want to appear. It has to be programmed into the game, and Missingno is NOT in D/P/Plat.

Actually, the game DOES contain sprites for "missing" data. In Gen III, the name of the Pokémon is "?????" (give or take a few question marks, but I think it's five) and the sprite that appears is a question mark inside a circle. For people that use GameShark and other cheats to do things like walk-through-walls, and who thus manage to encounter a wild Pokémon without having a single Pokémon in their party (because every Pokémon game in existence so far has created various scripts to make sure you can't enter the grass freely before having a starter), that question-mark-in-a-circle with the name "?????" will be the backsprite of your "Pokémon." It has no moves and 0 HP, and as far as I know there's no way to find out what its stats are but they're probably all 0, too.

I haven't seen someone using any similar cheats in D/P/Pl to achieve a similar effect, but presumably, if this "missing" Pokémon sprite and data appears in Gen III, the programmers undoubtedly included similar data in Gen IV. So, the Gen IV "Missingno" probably looks like a question-mark-in-a-circle instead of a Tetris block, and its name probably says "?????" instead of "MISSINGNO," but in terms of what it actually is (not a real Pokémon, but a glitch that the game generates when it's looking for Pokémon data that it can't find), it's essentially the same thing as Missingno.

So, yes, if the way Gen IV is built to handle missing Pokémon data is similar to Gen III, then Missingno IS in D/P/Pl. It's just Missingno by a different appearance and name than the Missingno of R/B/Y.

I don't know how that person was able to glitch up the game to cause it to search for Pokémon data to battle in a place where there are no Pokémon, because typically, if you cause tall grass to sprout in a place like a city where there isn't any wild Pokémon data, nothing would happen when you walked through the grass. But I suppose it is possible.

Here you go, guys. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4521776&postcount=44
    It is based off of the Decamark sprite :o

Now that is epic. XD I like its moveset. Even if it's not 100% accurate to what the original Missingno was like, I think it's accurate to what Missingno's moveset could be like if it actually were a real Pokémon. Giving it Mold Breaker is also a great idea.

One thing you might want to think about is its TM/HM compatability. According to Bulbapedia: "The TM/HM compatiblilites of the other three forms (i.e., its ghost, Aerodactyl skeleton, and Kabutops skeleton forms) vary based on the last Pokémon species' data the game loaded. In this way, a skilled player can teach their ghost or skeleton form Missingno. any TM or HM in Red and Blue." That'd mess up the nice selection of TMs/HMs you have now, though. Maybe Missingno could be a multiple-Forme Pokémon, and the basic Forme you've got could have those moves, while the other three Formes (Ghost, Skeledactyl, and Skeletops) can each learn different TMs/HMs? So between all the Formes, every TM/HM could be used, even if an individual Forme can't learn them all.

But for the form you've got, though (and particularly since you're making it a Bug-type), the TMs are just fine.

(By the way, you're brilliant for making it a Bug-type because was a bug in the original game. Nice!)

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Missingno is epic. So epic that if you catch it, your game crashes. Yes it should, but to get it... you have to glitch until your game is almost unreparable.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    You know, directly calling a group of people "crazy" is what is known in most cultures as an "insult," in other words, a term that is used in order to cause offense. If you mean no offense, don't be offensive.

Well that's not true. Some people use it to complement others in their uniqueness, even though people have more of an tendence to act insanity when they feel others approve of it.

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    It's a funny idea but I don't think it will ever reach the status of being a Pokemon! It's just a missing no...
    Who thinks Missingno should be a legendary pokemon?

Last edited:
    Back