• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who wants to see a new Dragonball Series?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 7, 2005
    Im sorry, but no more dragonball series. As great as it was in all its glory, i think we can live w/o it now.

-Saiya Kid-

Keyblade Mistress
    Years
    Re

I have pretty mixed feelings about it too. I'm a huge DB fan, and I'd love to see a new series. DBGT totally left you hanging - they almost made it sound like they were planning on making another one - "Until the day we meet again"
    I just don't know what kinda storyline it would be though...everything's been done twice over already, so it would prolly kinda suck. I had no probs with DBGT, but DBZ was much better, and if tehre was another one, it would just be like DBGT, and everyone would be disappointed. So, I dunno... =P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Another one? Aaagh... no. ;_; Without Toriyama behind the series, it flopped. I watched one episode of GT and couldn't stand it... thus, I stopped watching. They really should have let it die peacefully at the end of DBZ. Plus, it would just be too long if it had anymore series tacked on the end. o_O It would be overkill.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 7, 2005
    Plus, on top of that, they would probably just bring goku back from the dead a zillion more times; all they do nemore is repeat themselvesif they made a new one, they would need to alter the characters/ storyline completly.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Actually, they DID at one point plan on more GT but the ratings were poor. How in the world did it leave anyone hanging if they credited every seiyuu to ever appear in all three series' and clearly had "THE END" after the credits? o_o Everyone knew this would be the end to Dragon Ball and that we'd never see anymore of Son Goku's adventures. It was best to end it after 10 years. GT had a more proper ending than Z did, but GT was a big disappointment within itself.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    Actually, they DID at one point plan on more GT but the ratings were poor. How in the world did it leave anyone hanging if they credited every seiyuu to ever appear in all three series' and clearly had "THE END" after the credits? o_o Everyone knew this would be the end to Dragon Ball and that we'd never see anymore of Son Goku's adventures. It was best to end it after 10 years. GT had a more proper ending than Z did, but GT was a big disappointment within itself.
    I had heard that Toriyama was told to end Dragonball the way he did, so Toei could continue it.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Originally, it was supposed to end at Goku flying off with Uub in Z, where his Dragon Ball manga ended at. But Toei wanted to milk the cow for what it's worth and continued the anime after Z. Toriyama wanted it to officially end after Z (without counting the first collecting of the Dragon Balls or after the Freeza saga).

And there's 64 episodes of GT and one TV special. Not 65 episodes.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Originally, it was supposed to end at Goku flying off with Uub in Z, where his Dragon Ball manga ended at. But Toei wanted to milk the cow for what it's worth and continued the anime after Z. Toriyama wanted it to officially end after Z (without counting the first collecting of the Dragon Balls or after the Freeza saga).

And there's 64 episodes of GT and one TV special. Not 65 episodes.
    The Goku Jr one was a OVA right? Then it doesn't count as episode. So ther we have 64 episodes. What would have happened after GT sounded kinda badly written from the "storyboards" I read.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    The Goku Jr one was a TV Special. There was nothing planned for after GT. They had plans of CONTINUING GT, but nothing afterwards. Due to the push of trying to get Dragon Ball: Final Bout out, they had to push GT onward abit more.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I would have liked Dragonball/Z a lot better if it wen the way AT wanted it to go, then there MIGHT have been less of a need for a close up on the anime. I started out really likeing all of Dragonball up till volume 35, then the Buu saga started and it felt just so...empty. In the end I would have felt more "fullfilled" if Gohan's main purpose (especially once AT was forced to make the Cell Saga and Buu Saga) was to be Goku's eventual successor. But everyone in Japan hated that, so Goku returned to be the hero. Then Uub was to be Goku's successor at the end of DBZ, but that fell apart in the first episode of GT. Finally, Goku Jr. became the true successor to Goku in "A Hero's Legacy."

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    I never understood why the hell Uub was pushed aside in GT. They went from him being the next world's protector to being another side character that was no match for Goku's strength. The whole Super 4 killed the concept and purpose of Uub being Goku's successor. With Goku gone, Vegeta could've easily taken the position due to him being able to go Super 4.

I honestly liked Gohan being the successor during the Cell saga. But really, due to Gohan having not doing any training for seven years it makes alot more sense that he was no match for Super Buu. It'd be insane to just see him gain an instant boost of power due to Dai Kaiosama releasing all of his hidden potential yet he had a somewhat difficult time against Dabura who wasn't as strong as Cell was. It'd seem abit rushed.

And the fact that Goku had to rely on the whole universe to help him shows he really couldn't beat Buu without them was indication enough that Goku's title as the World's Strongest needed to be passed on. If they kept it with Uub, it'd have been much better. :\

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    The Dubra thing is up to debate, in the manga it's said "This devil is stronger then Cell and Gohan stil can't defeat him?!" Or something like that. I just wouldn't trust the dub if I were you ^ ^;.

Still I would have LOVED to see AT's version of the Buu saga and not Shueisha's and the fan's version.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Actually, I definately don't go by dub. I really don't trust fan scans of the manga, so I was going by what my subbed episode went by. They basically knew Gohan was stronger than Dabura who clearly could've been beaten easier than Cell had Gohan trained but from the way things were going, Dabura seemed stronger.

And it wasn't exactly Shueisha's call since they rarely make these decisions. Toei normally forces these sorta things, but it was more or less Toriyama's editor once again who forced him to change his decision on things considering the manga came before the anime. Had the editor not been in Toriyama's way several times, it would've ended either after the collection of the Dragon Balls the first time or after Goku beat Freeza.

The only time Toei's ever made drastic changes were the additions of filler episodes (such as the Garlic Jr saga) and GT.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Actually, I definately don't go by dub. I really don't trust fan scans of the manga, so I was going by what my subbed episode went by. They basically knew Gohan was stronger than Dabura who clearly could've been beaten easier than Cell had Gohan trained but from the way things were going, Dabura seemed stronger.

And it wasn't exactly Shueisha's call since they rarely make these decisions. Toei normally forces these sorta things, but it was more or less Toriyama's editor once again who forced him to change his decision on things considering the manga came before the anime. Had the editor not been in Toriyama's way several times, it would've ended either after the collection of the Dragon Balls the first time or after Goku beat Freeza.

The only time Toei's ever made drastic changes were the additions of filler episodes (such as the Garlic Jr saga) and GT.
    But I was talking about the manga, had Toriyama ended it after Frieeza, or Cell saga Toei would have just gone on and made more of the naime. Toei has no say in how the manga is run.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Oh god, not that sack of lies again. AF never was and never will be real. Toriyama said he would NEVER work on another Dragonball project again.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    AF was just a Japanese web artist's attempt at making a 'manga' of what was supposed to be the 'AFtermath' of GT. It was not officially made by Akira Toriyama, or Toei Animation and is an unlicensed project, despite what the maker says.

Manga Criticism: Really, Goten becoming a Golden Monkey? Why couldn't Gohan have been the one to do that, since he was supposed to be Goku's successor originally?

Just to clarify, by 'manga' I mean the supposed 'AF', and not the official one of Toriyama.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    The term you're searching for is a 'doujinshi'. And from what I heard, Brolly had came back and Goku had to fuse with Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr to beat him. o_O Sounded really stupid to me.

Back