• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who wants to see a new Dragonball Series?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Mixed reactions, I know. But there are tons of Mangas out there and any one of them could easily become an Anime series.

I for one thought that GT seriously left you hanging.

Spoiler Alert:

Ok. After absorbing the last Ball, Goku vanishes. (I think Goten goes nuts after this, but I'm not sure; they weren't subtitled.) Then, it's the end. WTF?! I get the whole too powerful thing, but that's the stupidest way to end a series. I think they should make a continuation of it. (After all, wasn't it a few years after DBZ when Akira Toriyama decided to make GT?) He could even work with Shonen Jump on it, or something...

What do you all think about it??

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    *looks ahead blankly* Uhh...not another one, 501 anime episodes and 17 movies were not enough? I really think it should have ended at the cell saga where Toriyama wanted it to end. Ah well, GT was to overplayed...the whole Dark Dragon saga just shows the writers had little idea what they were doing as the evil dragons came from all the wishes and dende had made his own new set...whats up with that?

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    I wouldnt mind more. Seeing Vegeta kick butt would be cool.
    Then again, I'd rather see continuation of Yu Yu Hakusho since it wasn't very long.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    SBaby said:
    Mixed reactions, I know. But there are tons of Mangas out there and any one of them could easily become an Anime series.

I for one thought that GT seriously left you hanging.

Spoiler Alert:
    Ok. After absorbing the last Ball, Goku vanishes. (I think Goten goes nuts after this, but I'm not sure; they weren't subtitled.) Then, it's the end. WTF?! I get the whole too powerful thing, but that's the stupidest way to end a series. I think they should make a continuation of it. (After all, wasn't it a few years after DBZ when Akira Toriyama decided to make GT?) He could even work with Shonen Jump on it, or something...

What do you all think about it??
    Uh, problem with all that there.

1) GT had NO manga.

2) Goku didn't just disappear and that was it. He comes back after 100 years, sees his and Vegeta's generations are still carrying on and flies off into the sky after seeing Pan at an old age.

3) Toriyama didn't make GT. Toei Animation did.

4) Toriyama originally wanted to end it all after the seven Dragon Balls were collected. His editor pushed him to go on. He wanted to end it after Freeza, editor and fans pushed him. He finally ended it in the manga after Buu.

5) Toriyama doesn't even recall a majority of the things that occured in the Dragon Ball series, nor does he even want to make another. Since GT isn't an official part of his original story, I doubt he'd continue from where GT left off if he ever did.

6) The Dragon Ball franchise ended in 1997 in Japan. They're not gonna continue something that was meant to have ended back in '96, let alone, try reviving the series. Besides, EVERYONE but the US finished the DB series' way before us. We just finished seeing DBZ this year. GT hasn't even finished airing yet here. Everyone else finished it years ago. The market for DB products is really only alive in the US and barely so in Japan. No point in reviving it.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    A new dragonball series..... I don't think so, the radical plot of GT ruined any sort of story that would appeal to fans anymore. The only thing that I actully like about GT is the SSj 4 form.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Toriyama did have a say in GT, he did rough sketchs for the people and most of the story, he only didn't have any major work besides that involved.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Maybe I should rephrase the top post. I meant I saw the last episode. It was in Japanese with NO subtitles, so I had no clue what was going on. That's all...

And, Mangas meaning various spinoffs and continuations of the series in Manga form, and yes they are out there! (Just in Japanese)

Akira did the original artwork for the series. That's all I meant. You gotta admit though. If a modern company (besides Toei) continued it, wouldn't Shonen Jump be a good idea for it? They even drag things out in their shows; it'd be right up their alley!

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    SBaby said:
    Maybe I should rephrase the top post. I meant I saw the last episode. It was in Japanese with NO subtitles, so I had no clue what was going on. That's all...

And, Mangas meaning various spinoffs and continuations of the series in Manga form, and yes they are out there! (Just in Japanese)

Akira did the original artwork for the series. That's all I meant. You gotta admit though. If a modern company (besides Toei) continued it, wouldn't Shonen Jump be a good idea for it? They even drag things out in their shows; it'd be right up their alley!
    Though a lot of those spin offs are just Doujinshi...and really bad Doujinshi at that...With the movie that GT got about Goku Jr that more or less closed up the dragonball world for me.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Toriyama clearly wanted the DB series to end completely at Z when he finished his Dragon Ball manga. He didn't make the stories for GT. He only supplied character sketches. GT was terribly dragged out and was only really made because they wanted to milk the franchise out big time. The Bebi saga was ridiculously boring and (even though it looks pretty **** sweet) Super 4 was just a really badly thought out transformation considering Goku had said before that Super Saiyajin 3 wasted alot of life energy when being in that state, yet it ended up being ignored for Gotenks and the Super 4s. GT was FILLED with numerous plotholes (Goku forgets how to use the Instantaneous Movement yet knows how to transform past the first Super Saiyajin state, wtf?), a ton of characters looked awful (Vejita's hair got cut yet he specifically said in Z that a full-breed Saiyajin's looks and hair style never change through age and Mr. Satan's aged horribly..not to mention, Gohan looks like an even bigger dork than he did at the end of Z).

The series ended completely for me at the end of the GT series. Especially since they played through Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT scenes while playing Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku during the credits and had the narrator say "Farewell, Son Goku and everyone from the Dragon Ball world. May we see eachother again someday."

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    billybob said:
    i think they should redo GT ,but with toriyama calling the shots.
    It's been allmost ten years since any new form of anime from the Dragonball world has come out in Japan. Toriyama said himself he would never want to do another Dragonball ever again.

Hibiki-san

Total NonStop Attitude
    Years
    No! They should NOT make another series after it finished 7 years ago in Japan! GT was TERRIBLE! I'm enjoying DragonBall on Toonami but DBZ was the best. The Buu saga was okay I guess. It was rubbish how they made a SSJ4! SSJ3 RULES ALL!

Raizor Blaid

Super Sonic Owns J00
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Erf
    • Seen Jan 8, 2007
    yes I agree with everyone else the dragon ball saga should have ended after Z GT was very bad and thats it, the art seemed worse, and like it was siad before, if he can't do instant translocation because he learned it as an adult, whats all this about even being able to go super saiyan 1?! the baby saga is boring and I also agree about vegeta's hair, I know it wasn't very good and they should not make another series.

Yami Tolas

The Lord Dragon
    Years
    If they continue on with Gt (which i doubt) it would continue with Goku Jr. as main char. Since the Gt Movie A Hero's Legacy Just came out who knows what they will do. If they do make more i would get it just to see what they came up with after. To me though i think they shouldn't have progressed Super Saiyan anything after 1 that idea is just korny to me. I can understand the powering up of a Super Saiyan like any training would do for anybody. But to call it another lvl. As for SSj4 It says to get to that lvl one must lose all signs of emotion while in Golden Uzaru state yet when have we ever seen Goku with out any emotion since that is what fuels his fighting is it not

Raizor Blaid

Super Sonic Owns J00
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Erf
    • Seen Jan 8, 2007
    yes good example but over here, he is just turning into ssj4 and he wasn't really showing emotion as the golden ozaru, ok this is getting off-topic, so lets get back on topic

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    I am fine that they are done. Im just waiting for them to get the Saiyan and Namek sagas redone in uncut form.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Oh yeah. Toonami said they'd do them with the current voice cast, so that might be a good finale for the series, after finishing GT...

I think SS4 should've been Golden Monkey... That is one point that I agree on... Hairy chests must have been the thing back then...

Still, you got to admit, if they did it right, they might be able to make a big comeback with it... Think about it. Look at it this way. They are still making games. Budokai 3 just released, and the 4th one is being planned... They're STILL milking it, so why not a new series to go with it??

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    SBaby said:
    Oh yeah. Toonami said they'd do them with the current voice cast, so that might be a good finale for the series, after finishing GT...

I think SS4 should've been Golden Monkey... That is one point that I agree on... Hairy chests must have been the thing back then...

Still, you got to admit, if they did it right, they might be able to make a big comeback with it... Think about it. Look at it this way. They are still making games. Budokai 3 just released, and the 4th one is being planned... They're STILL milking it, so why not a new series to go with it??
    Becasue these are US games, they don't come out in Japan first. The people are just milking the dragonabll name while they can. It has been over 20 years since the manga started and almost 10 years since the anime ended, in Japan most people don't remember it.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Japan has very limited made games right now for the Dragon Ball franchise. Mainly because they'll be brought over to the US and Japan has rereleased the manga and are reairing the anime series' on satelite television.

As I said before, the US is the ONLY place that just finished the Dragon Ball series'. Of course they're gonna keep milking it here.

Another series is not gonna happen though. Toriyama told the US Shonen Jump that he feels a ton of nostalgia just from doing the new covers but he doesn't want to make another series involving Dragon Ball because it was too much pressure on him.

Back