• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who was the most difficult gym leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litrid

Certified Poke Ball
Years
  • Yeah Whitney I hated her it took me 2 tries to beat her that stupid miltank

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Rollout was only a good move in G/S/C, from 3rd gen onwards it just wasn't worth using anymore. If there was a remake, I'm pretty sure Whitney wouldn't be using Rollout, seeing as that move's capabilities have been reduced so much.

must you quote everything I say in every single thread?

anyways Clair wasn't hard for me, but getting to her was, but I cant remember her Pokemon

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

~Misty~

*~The Tomboyish Mermaid~*
    Years
  • Whitney and Clair for me, just because Whitney's Milatank Rolled over my Quilava, and Clair because of her Stupid Kingdra Surfing my Typhlosion.

(Psst Queen Boo Her Pokemon were: ([2 or 3 I forgot] Dragonairs and a Kingdra)

Years
  • None of them felt that hard to me. To me, gym leaders from Diamond and Pearl as well as the Advance series were harder than GSC gym leaders. They always use a Hyper Potion or a Full Restore right before you faint one of their Pokemon which was annoying if you were struggling to beat it.

I'd go with Blue just because his team is a diversity unlike all the other gym leaders. He still wasn't that hard though.

Yoshi318

PokePhotographer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2008
    battling her was oh so frusterating, but i guess thats what made the game fun right? i personally dont like games that have bosses/gym leaders that you can run all over...anyone with me?

Years
  • Wow, everyone seems to have problems with Whitney..

I hated her Miltank so much. And to the person who said she gamesharked Miltank's stats, LOL. I believe that.

Jasmine and Clair were pretty hard, too. Morty's easy if you have loads of Awakenings with you, otherwise he's a pain as well.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • Whitney is definately a pokemon milestone, especially since she's the only gym leader that won't give you a badge straight away!

yakusoku

Strawberry Lychee
    Years
  • hahaa, yea whitney for sure. i actually had no trouble in my first time around playing the game, since i only trained my starter. but when playing it for the 2nd, 3rd,.. times, I had some trouble ;x

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Falkner - Piece of Cake (Started with Cndaquil)
    Bugsy - Piece of Cake (Cyndaquil)
    Whitney - TORTURE (Milk pwned Fire)
    Morty - Medium
    Chuck - Piece of Cake
    Jasmine - EASY! One hit wonders!
    Pryce - WTH he shouldn't be a Gym Leader he svcks
    Clair - TORTURE PT.2 Kingdra is a BEAST,

Abyss

:)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2008
    I hated Whitney so much.. Lol.. She was the hardest, Claire (not sure if i spelled correctly) Was next.

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    Oh... it was Whitney's Miltank for sure. She was so hard with that rollout attack.
    But... if you start out with Chickorita, almost every gym is hard.

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune

Aqua Snagger Kitori
    Years
  • I would normally have a problen with either Morty because of his Hypnosis and Dream Eater (And because of my lack of Awakening potions) otherwise it would have to be Whitney Because of that rollout.

Cooro

♥•+message me+•♥
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 13, 2009
    Whitney.
    Just like everyone else said. xD

She'd always use the rollout move and it got stronger every time it was so annoying!

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Well to break fro mthe Whitney rant, I'm going to say Sabrina. Psychics dominated the metagame (at the time) as their only two weaknesses (Bug and Ghost) were quite wimpy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back