• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen who was the toughest gym leader?

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Norman is annoying. You're finally about to defeat him, and his Skaing has to use Counter on you.

Liza and tate are hard in Emerald because of their Claydol and Xatu.

Digiko

The l33t lurker!!!
    Years
    Eh.. A gym leader that's hard.. I'd say Liza and Tate and Wallace/Arden(That his name?) I could never beat Wallace/Arden simply because I never came prepared. xD That's just like me. Liza and Tate were really hard because I usually start with Torchic. Yeah.. They were horrible in Emerald. o_o

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    In Ruby and Sapphire, I'd have to say Wallace, if only for his Milotic. Wattson was a bugger too, even in the games in which I was raising a Torchic. (I had no problem with Mudkip, however, so Wattson wasn't all that bad compared to Wallace. Yay for Marshtomp!)

enyce

banned
    Years
    Katakoe said:
    Defiantly Norman, I always have troubles with his gorilla thing.. Yeah, forgot whats it's called. xX

I think its slaking... the big white haired thing?

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    none...I have always Pwned against Gym leaders,and they're always a waste of my time...so I just play around until I get enough boredom to go and fight them...^____^!!!!

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    uhh...for the eggs and poke'mon and FF stuff,...click on them...but those trainer cards there,you have to ask somone to make them for ya...Demonta made them for me...^_^

♥Naomi♥

My gameboy tastes like pickles
    Years
    uhm,i think both the dude in that one island(forgot name,but its where you go to give steven the letter),and liz & tate where the hardest for me...both on my ruby and emerald(though i havent gotten to liz and tate yet in emerald(reset game recently)

enyce

banned
    Years
    Norman is incredibly easy. My combusken made chop work of him. The only Gym Leader that gave me trouble is Brawly. That was one powerful Mukihita he had. It kept using Reversal after Reversal. After my Kirlia got his HP in the red. Reversal would just come out of no where. Then it just killed off my whole party.

All the others were done in one try. Well from Roxanne to Winona

Latios&Latias381382

rofl, Mac.
    Years
    I would say Tate & Liza Because I had to train an Absol to like LV.45 to defeat them in battle cause they keep using Psychic moves on my Blaziken and its annoying but the rest were mincemeat. lol

enyce

banned
    Years
    Jirachiismyhomie said:
    I would say Tate & Liza Because I had to train an Absol to like LV.45 to defeat them in battle cause they keep using Psychic moves on my Blaziken and its annoying but the rest were mincemeat. lol

Liza and Tate are actually formidible. They have an earthquaking claydol. While Xatu is a flying type. Plus Solrock and Lunatone have levitate.

Keruri

Espeon Lover
    Years
    It's deffinitely those STUPID twins who talk wierd..... Especially in Emerald, when there are 2 more pokemon in their team. I had to use strategy and like 10 hyper potions to beat them... ^_^;;

TogepiII

1337 Profiler
    Years
    Ummmmm...... Sootopolis's Gym Leader =/ I Forgot his name XD isn't it Wallace or something? Yeah it was hard tyring to beat him with a Lv. 44 Aggron and when i kept falling through the Ice.........

Last edited:

Mudkippy

♥Mudkips Rule♥
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2007
    I think Brawly was the hardest because I always chose mudkip, of course, and so i thought he was kind of hard to beat. Also, Norman was kind of hard too.

btw....
    TogepiII said:
    Ummmmm...... Slateport's Gym Leader =/ I Forgot his name XD isn't it Wallace or something? Yeah it was hard tyring to beat him with a Lv. 44 Aggron and when i kept falling through the Ice.........
    Uh...Slateport doesn't have a gym...Sootopolis is the city with Wallace as a gym leader....

Last edited:

Whiplash

Been very inactive
    Years
    Mudkippy some mod will say soon to not double post so Ill edit it.

But Tate and Liz are the hardest there defence and there abilities are annoying.

FinalTreecko781

Protecter of Mother Earth
    Years
    i think that all the gyms were easy except for geting around the lavaridge gym.it was really annoying.mauville was hard because my brother kept on trying to defeat manectric with my grovyle.he was doing
    it on purpose.

Mudkippy

♥Mudkips Rule♥
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2007
    Dark_Grave said:
    Mudkippy some mod will say soon to not double post so Ill edit it.

But Tate and Liz are the hardest there defence and there abilities are annoying.
    sorry....I was kind of new at the time....I didn't really know...I'll edit but thanks for telling me anyways ^^

Back