• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

{Who, What, When!?} Celebrity News, Rumors, and Discussion

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Finally a general thread to discus rumors and news on celebrites! I will start it out with the interesting stuff, as of Jan 9, 2010

Lady GaGa - Its been confirmed that Lady GaGa is planning on releasing her 3rd studio album this year by 4th qaurter. She also will be filming the Telephone music video with Beyonce, who also has stated about another album this year, on the 28th of January! Laurienne "whatshername" will be the choreographer.

M.I.A. - also has a new album comiing out in the summer. Expect a single soon.

Jeffree Star - releasing the contreversial sing Blush to hold us over til his newest EP in the works now.

Last edited:

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I kept hearing another rumor on another forum that Miley Cyrus died in a terrible car accident. Sadly, not true.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol, wow. Anyway, GaGa is really making a name for herself lately.

Also, who has heard the theory about the music industry and its sinister conspiracy?

Also this one will please the majority of u

Britney Spears -

New album to be released!!!
    (from Spill It Now)
    Spoiler:

2010 will truly be the best year in music. Britney, Beyonce, GaGa, and Janet all in one year! <3

Last edited:

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • And all those rumors about Lady Gaga being a man. She's just...troubled. She wore a dress made out of kermit the frogs...

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I don't think I can wait a whole year for more GaGa >:

Ayselipera

Well I think I'll be a fine contributor to this thread seeing as how I'm a daily PerezHilton reader. :3

David Beckham - Was recently seen with a new religious tattoo on the lower right side of his abdomen.

Jessica Beil - Is climbing up Mt. Kilimanjaro, located in Tanzania.

Conan O'brien - Is thinking about leaving NBC, but NBC is hoping they can reach a deal with him before the Winter Olympics.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Well I think I'll be a fine contributor to this thread seeing as how I'm a daily PerezHilton reader. :3

Jessica Beil - Is climbing up Mt. Kilimanjaro, located in Tanzania.

As is Santigold. Didnt know Jessica Beil was there too XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Conan O'brien - Is thinking about leaving NBC, but NBC is hoping they can reach a deal with him before the Winter Olympics.
    Are they? Hope he takes the FOX deal, seriously. I'm so disappointed in NBC for doing this to him, after what, 17 years of loyalty, and they only give him six months after he moves his entire team/family across the country to help restore what they screwed up in the first place? I'm glad he's taking the situation lightly on the Tonight Show, can't wait to hear more on Monday's episode. I'll follow him wherever he goes~

Ayselipera

I just turned on the tv to msnbc and it says that Conan O'brien won't do the Tonight show if it airs at 12:05am. Also supposedly Conan is considering to sue NBC. Other rumors are that FOX will not be taking Conan Back after one of FOX's general managers was quoted saying, "If he didn't work on NBC, why would he work for us? I don't see a fit in our particular market."

Brad Ferro the man who punched reality show star "Snooki" from Jersey Shore was fired from his job recently because of the incident.

Shaquille O'Neal is being sued by his mistress Vanessa Lopez.

Martie Maguire and Emily Robison of the Dixie chicks have deicded to pursue a duet album without the help of Natalie Maines the lead singer of the Dixie Chicks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    "If he didn't work on NBC, why would he work for us? I don't see a fit in our particular market."

What chu talkin bout Willis?
    "We've always been interested in late night and we're always looking to bring great new talent to Fox. While Conan would be a great fit for Fox, he's still under contract with NBC, so we'll just see how all of this plays out," said a Fox employee who requested anonymity because Fox employees were not authorized to speak on the record about the issue.
    (from New York Times)

Fox Entertainment president Kevin Reilly would welcome Conan O'Brien to his network if he does not stay on NBC's Tonight. But it won't be simple to bring him over.

"I love him," Reilly told reporters at the Television Critics Association press tour Monday. "It's a very compatible fit for our brand. He is one of the few guys in the planet who has demonstrated he can do one of these shows every night."
    (from TV Guide Magazine)

:/ all I've been reading about is FOX indulging in this mess with heavy hopes to get Conan.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Beyonce - Sadly the queen will be taking a break. Up to six months she says and she specifically said without studio time so tat kind of kills the the whole new album by the end of the year story.

Ayselipera

:/ all I've been reading about is FOX indulging in this mess with heavy hopes to get Conan.

It's Perez Hilton.. he doesn't always have the facts completely straight. :(

Beyonce - Sadly the queen will be taking a break. Up to six months she says and she specifically said without studio time so tat kind of kills the the whole new album by the end of the year story.

I'm kind of happy about that. I feel like she's always making a new album and I'm always hearing new music from her on the radio. This break will be thoroughly enjoyed.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    She only has three albums, and she has said before that she plans to retire at age 30, she is currently 28... that would mean that if she was to stay true to her word we would only get one more album from her. That would suck extremely.

Ayselipera

She only has three albums, and she has said before that she plans to retire at age 30, she is currently 28... that would mean that if she was to stay true to her word we would only get one more album from her. That would suck extremely.

Wow I feel like she has made so many more than that. I guess I just always run into her music on the radio. For me it just gets to be too much. Celebrities always say they're going to retire and they do for a short while only to return. If she really does retire at 30 I feel like she would come back eventually. It just seems too young for her.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Daaaamn Gaga is making albums reeeally fast. 8D I cant waiiit~ Wonder what the new attitude will be like.

(beyonce is not the queen btw)

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Beyonce is one of the most dominant forces in both Hip-Hop and Pop culture. And it is safe to say that in the current R&B world, she is the queen. She may be no Mariah, but there is no other performer like Beyonce. Who else would you label the queen?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Not that anyone here even watches NBC's late-night lineup (and rightfully so after the crap they're pulling)...but news/rant on that anyway, just to satisfy my current mood.

Whilst comedians left and right manifest their hatred towards Leno and NBC for the dispute with Conan O'Brien, online groups and voting polls are showing overwhelming support for Conan by taking part in the trashing of NBC executives and planning rallies in NY/CA at the NBC studios or simply blowing favor-votes for Jay Leno out of the water. Apparently Conan's staff is planning for huge guests next week, including Howard Stern which should be FRIGGEN MASSIVE and I can't wait to see all the NBC bashing that will take place. (I'm reeeeally really hoping for one last appearance from Norm MacDonald, not only because he's ballsy and hilarious; but because he has been a long-running, frequent guest, and he's got to have something to say about this debacle.)

With poor lead-ins including the Jay Leno Show WHICH HAS LOWER RATINGS THAN THE TONIGHT SHOW TO MY UNDERSTANDING this has been an extremely unfair domino effect that has killed Conan's performance; and they gave Leno three whole years to bring up poor ratings for the Tonight Show whenever Carson left (and if it wasn't for the famous Hugh Grant booking, I question where Leno's popularity would be currently), to pull the rug from under Conan so abruptly is straight up unjustifiable and he has every right to be angry about it.
    Another important factor, from James Poniewozik of TIME:

...Jay's fans enjoy him and like him, whereas Conan's fanbase is smaller, but loves him and is active about it. It's a classic dichotomy in TV today: breadth of viewership vs. depth of viewership. The old network-TV model is set up to reward breadth of viewership, that is, having a whole lot of people like you enough to watch, even if they don't really, really love you. To advertisers, an eyeball is an eyeball, whether it's in the socket of an intense or a casual fan.

Read more: https://tunedin.blogs.time.com/2010/01/14/conanundrum-shaming-the-shameless/#ixzz0ceXPNSDq
    More people watch Conan for Conan than people watch Leno for Leno. I tend to think NBC's forcing Conan to "settle down" when he was promoted harmed his fanbase, I'm assuming that the kinda-likely jump to FOX would mean restoring his old self (and perhaps bringing back Mast. Bear! /joke no one understands). All this to accommodate Jay Leno. How pathetic. Yes, Jeff Zucker, who threatened to keep Conan off the air for the length of his contract after the anti-NBC satire in his monologue, I'm talking to you, and you're pathetic.

I feel very strongly about this. =3=

Also, I am in complete love with Jimmy Kimmel for tearing Jay Leno apart on both his AND Jay Leno's show. Words cannot describe. Until Conan is back on TV which sure as hell is going to happen, Kimmel is my guy, and boycotting NBC and all of their sponsors forever after the 22nd kthxbai.

Last edited:

Ayselipera

Also, I am in complete love with Jimmy Kimmel for tearing Jay Leno apart on both his AND Jay Leno's show. Words cannot describe. Until Conan is back on TV which sure as hell is going to happen, Kimmel is my guy, and boycotting NBC and all of their sponsors forever after the 22nd kthxbai.

I heard a lot of late night show hosts are on Conan's side for this. I personally feel like all this publicity is good for him. I know it's making me want to watch him even more now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I heard a lot of late night show hosts are on Conan's side for this. I personally feel like all this publicity is good for him. I know it's making me want to watch him even more now.
    Yap, a ton of comedians have turned against Leno. Fallon and Ferguson are all neutral about it, Kimmel has made it very clear that he's siding with Conan, and apparently Letterman is too but I think that has more to do with a personal vendetta with Jay (though he did say in his last show that the right decision would be to give The Tonight Show back to Conan). Ratings are skyrocketing now, though, and Conan is killing because he's got nothing to lose. This week has been the greatest week Conan's crew has seen in these past seven months, I can't imagine what next week (rumored to be Conan's last week) will bring. I have yet to feel an inch of sadness about NBC's loss, mostly because NBC watered him down for the promotion so I've missed the old Conan (though this angry Conan has been damn entertaining) and there are nothing but better things awaiting him. I've got a huge feeling he's headed towards FOX, since they've been trying to snatch him from NBC since before he took over The Tonight Show.

And in case you're interested, I ran into this article (among several other good ones) that explained the ratings issue a bit. https://www.raisethehammer.org/article/998/why_i%27m_with_coco_and_why_that_spells_trouble_for_traditional_tv

Back