• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Who're Your Favorite 6th Gen Pokemon?

Years
  • Oh shoot, it's between Greninja and Aegislash's evolution line.
    You see, my friends and I are into anime and sword-fighting and stuff, so the idea of a Pokemon based off a sword just sounds awesome, and looks awesome, too. I actually have a shiny Aegislash in Y.
    As for Greninja, there's an inside joke between me and my friends that I'm a ninja, because I'm very agile and quick. Plus, I think ninjas are cool. o3o. Greninja became my starter, as my main type is water. Plus, he's also in the new Smash Bros. game. I almost had a heart attack when I saw that trailer; I was so excited.
    Talonflame takes 3rd place. It looks great and is pretty good competitively. Plus, Flame Body really helps with the Masuda method.
    However, all of the 6th gen Pokemon have failed to claim my #1 spot, which currently belongs to Lapras (Aegislash and Greninja came close, though).

Years
  • My favourite Kalos Pokemon are Greninja, Talonflame, Pangoro, Helioisk, Tyrantrum, Goodra, Clawitzer and Noivern. Greninja is overrated, yet, it's so cool...

Jasonmii

Der Kaffee geht auf mich.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    This is a toughy, but I'd say Chesnaught. He was my starter and he was pretty bulky throughout the whole game. He got me through the Elite Four. :3

Years
  • Some of my favourites are: Fletchinder, Vivillon, Clawitzer, Xerneas, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk, Inkay and Dedenne, with the first two being my most favourite. Fletchinder imo has one of the best designs I've ever seen and the multiple patterns for Vivillon drew me in completely lol :)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • My favorites from the newer generations are the 4 felines - Litleo, Pyroar, Espurr, & Meowstic -
    and female Meowstic being my most favorite, #1 in Kalos.

along the way I learned to love Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox, Pancham, Pangoro, Chespin, Quilladin, Bunnelby, Diggersby - and most recently Hawlucha.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • As much as I love my Delphox, I have to say that Fennekin is easily my favorite from the evolution line. Fennekin is really cute and I loved playing with it in Pokemon-Amie. <3

I also really like Clawitzer and Aegislash. I always found it funny how tiny Clawitzer's body was compared to his giant claw. In spite of that, Clawitzer was really strong when I used it on my team. Easily one of my favorite party members. Aegislash, imo, has a really awesome concept. He is a possessed sword, which I really like. Stance Change was also a really fun ability to abuse. He's just an awesome Pokemon overall.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Ummmm, man... favorite gen 6? That's rough - I really liked this gen... Hmmm

I guess number 1 spot has to go to the thing I've been asking the poke gods for, for the last 14 years since the second gen games came out and dark type was a thing. The only Dark / Psychic type, Malamar. The; 'overturning' pokemon hahaha. I love his typing, I've always wanted it since dark types were first introduced, and always got snubbed when new games came out. They finally did it, and they didn't disappoint. While I expected it to be a special attacker as soon as I found out it was Dark /Psychic, and saw that it was a squid - it actually does physical reallllllly well with contrary superpower, and psycho cut + Night Slash. PLUS - it gets an awesome signature move, in topsy-turvy.
    Spoiler:

Other favorites, probably the next top is Chesnaught. Chespin is adorable, and after he got past that awkward middle stage I won't speak of - Chesnaught was a badass. He looked like a strong Nord Warrior Squirrel. With a beard and all lol.

Years
  • I know it's pretty cliche' to prefer the legendaries, but Xerneas may just be my all-time favorite Generation 6 Pokemon. My favorite Mega Evolution being Mega Blastoise, and my favorite normal Pokemon being Chesnaught, as well.

Years
  • Who're Your Favorite 6th Gen Pokemon?

One of the best starters out there. It's Hidden Ability, Protean, is OP in Gen VI Competitive. It's Special Attack is amazing and his Speed stat is the highest base speed for ANY starter.

Who're Your Favorite 6th Gen Pokemon?

Noivern is the fastest Dragon-type out there, with a Base-stat of 123. It's Special Attack is also very great. (I have a thing for Special Sweepers.) I also like that it is based off wyverns and bats, my favorite fictional animal, and my favorite real animal. It's a match made in heaven for me xD.

Other favorites include:
    and

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Enchantzii- rainbow deer is best legend :p. and LeGrey - dragalge deserves a lot more love. Poison dragon is a kick ass typing, and with the introduction of fairies, it came in at a good time. I'm glad they put a lot of new typings in with sixth gen- the last type to be paired with flying too, in Hawlucha.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    Chestnaught hands down. I chose him to start, switched to Froakie when I reran through the game, but am back with the squirrel in a half shell. I am also a big fan of Goodra and Pangoro. I absolutely hate Aegislash and Barbacle, for what it's worth.

Braxien

Banned
    Years
  • I like Braxien. She (I picture it as a girl whenever I think of it) is graceful and sophisticated but is not afraid to get her hands dirty. That's my opinion.

Rayheart

Ancient Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    Tyrantrum, Aurorus,Pyroar,Talonflame,Furfou,Skiddo and its evo. I love real life like pokemon more than weird ones like Honedge really :x

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2014
    I definitely love sylveon but I also like Aromatisse, Espurr and Meowstic.
    Basically the cute ones, darn it!

Years
  • There are some I really like, such as Heliolisk, Pangoro, Hawlucha and even Skiddo and Frogadier. This question I find a bit hard to answer since there aren't that many, but I also really like Chesnaught. Noivern is pretty cool also, especially in its shiny form. B) Some of them I haven't really used seriously though.

And I actually like Barbaracle, despite people thinking that one's creepy. I don't, although I kinda understand why some would.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Chestnaught hands down. I chose him to start, switched to Froakie when I reran through the game, but am back with the squirrel in a half shell. I am also a big fan of Goodra and Pangoro. I absolutely hate Aegislash and Barbacle, for what it's worth.

Glad to see another Chesnaught supporter! It makes a great tank I feel, generally, but not much people seem to look at it that way; it's actually pretty underrated, if you ask me.

Back