• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's your baby?

Steelix8

The Undertaker
Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    We all have one. That one pokemon that we love to death. The one that we wouldn't part with, under any circumstances. The pokemon we would choose if we could only keep one. Our favorite (not species, but the one in particular) pokemon.

Who's your baby? Tell us why with a little background on how you got him/her and how long you've had him/her.

My baby is my Shiny Female Feraligatr. I got her in a trade when I first started playing Pearl (I hadn't played since Ruby). She acted as my starter throughout the game, and she even solo'd the E4. She's level 100 now, and not too shabby on wifi. She has Dragon Dance, Ice Punch, Waterfall, and Earthquake, so I can effectively use her as a Gyarados in the UU division. I love my Feraligatr because:
    A) She's very rare all-around (Shiny Female w/ Egg Moves)
    B) She's my favorite species of pokemon.
    C) She's won me many Wifi battles.

So yeah just do something along those lines. Tell us who your baby is :).

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • My level 100 Leafeon named Luca.
    Ahh when I get soul silver I'm going to trade her over and let her walk around with me!

She was my first EV trained pokemon, and level 100 on Diamond. She's on my Platinum right now though.
    I have counted on Luca multiple times on PBR during WiFi battles and came out victorious. I even named Luca after my stray kitten I rescued a couple of years back too.

Manly amirite?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Uhhh...well, suppose it would have to be my Shiny Latias.
    I'd only part with her to be cloned, then sent back to me.
    Why??

1.Rare as a Latias, rarer as a Shiny
    2.My fave poke was Latios, but this is the Ou version
    3.She's got pokerus, so she's in my party at all times infecting others.
    4.Cmon, u gotta admit Latias is cute

nohakman

Fear the Cadian Lucario!
    Years
  • My Lucario is my baby :)
    He's been through 4 different diamond games and is finally residing in my Pokemon Platinum game. i used him to breed for shiny/female rilous, which have gotten me a ton of legendaries. I havent changed his moveset at all, except giving him PP ups. he knows Drain Punch, Aura Sphere, Rock Climb, and Rock Smash. He has defeated the Chamion all by himself (somehow, and i didnt even use potions!)

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    My Mamoswine definitely, it's the first pokemon that I EV trained, and probably my strongest pokemon in WiFi. He's only level 55, but he is still my favorite single Pokemon. My Gardevoir from Ruby is second, because that is my favorite species, and I've had it since the beginning.

Years
  • From Pearl my lvl 99 Luxray is my pride and joy of this generation it's been in my party since the beginning and I just can't bear to level it up to 100.

But I do have a soft spot for my Darkrai and Charizard (Both lvl 99 as well) but my Luxray always comes up trumps!

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
  • *sniffle* My baby died a few months ago...OH, HOW I MISS MY BABY!!!!!

My poor Mamoswine got erased off of Platinum...Mamo was a monster and destroyed Cynthia many a day with Ice Shard/ Avalanche...my baby could never be replaced. Even securing victories in the Battle Frontier [ well, so did Electivire but this ain't his time...]
    R.I.P. Mamoswine...

Mr.Mystery

.:-:. Froggy
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    I can't part with my famous Sceptile. He has helped me beat the Elite 4 in Emerald and beat Dahlia in the Battle Arcade. He is very important to me. My Electivire is a close second though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The first Pokemon I got to level 100 by myself, Chictor the female Blaziken.

Years
  • Reiji the Riolu. He was what...level 14?

He was my experiment that I picked from a large batch of Riolu babies. I use some of the best Pofin on him and made up a moveset that I thought would be pretty good in Cool contests.

He ended up with next to perfect stats in everything but Beauty and I set him out to see how far he could go with Cool Contests.
    He won all of the Cool Contests! Then the Tough. Then the Smart, Cute, and then one of the Beauty contests without once failing.

And then I lost my DS at school with my Pearl still in it.
    (To be clear he didn't lose on the second Beauty contest, he just didn't get to enter.)

*headdesk*

Last edited:

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Either my level 100 Shiny Latias (Orange hehe) or my shiny Dragonite (from firered).
    Why-
    1- I have had them for a loooooong time
    2- They have incredible move sets
    3- Not many non-cheaters have these pokemon.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • It used to be my Kyogre from Sapphire since I used him so much :)

But then he never got to go in Sinnoh since he was deleted by my cousin -___- '''

fjdjsa

Years
  • my old (dead) meganium, first pokemon on first game when i was 7 (pokemon gold),
    level 82 when my gold erased itslef , internal battery failiure.... :(

Back