• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who's your partner?

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    Who's your partner?
    Everyone has those Pokemon that just kind of latch on to your heart and stay there. I honestly have two. My Luxray in Diamond, and my Dragonair in Heartgold. And yes, my Dragonair was the Dratini I got from the Old man in the dragon lair. I took out a whole three days to train him up to par with my others, and I had to boot out my Ho-Oh. He has grown on me. Now that I have another team in the same game(more or less so I can choose the pokemon I like, not just what's on hand and will do the best), He was the one I chose to help my little dinky pokemon up until they can take care of themselves. He is always in the front of my party, and is the only Dratini I have that I've let evolve. So, who's your partner?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Talk about partners in 4th gen games please, not other generation games. They have their own sections.

I always liked using Luxray myself, mostly because it's one of my favourites from the newer fourth gen Pokemon. As for HGSS Feraligatr and Tyranitar, two favourites of mie from GSC are also my main partners, although I tend to favour a number of other Pokemon as well.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • If I have to say partner, then I actually have 2 Pokemon that I have considered as partners.

The first one was my Milotic, Mystica. I caught her as a Feebas back at Pearl. After growing a ton of Pamtre berries, I managed to make her evolve, and she has helped me ever since. When I first played Platinum, I transfered her over to help me, plus to train her to lv 100. When I first played HG, she also helped me.

The second one was my Togekiss, Chelinka. I got her out of Professor Elm's egg. I didn't expect it to be a female, and I managed to save her and a few other Pokemon before my Jpn HG got deleted. Although... for some reason I got another female Togepi from Prof. Elm at my SS playthrough. Maybe I should conclude that female Togepi are my partners :3

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    For HGSS, I prefer an un-evolved Eevee, because it's adorable. And I just like using one, it's kind of cool except its stats kinda suck... but you know, I use my favorites. Another partner of mine would be Scizor.

In my Platinum, it was my Weavile.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2012
    In SS probably ma Arcanine mainly because it was such a pain to train up to the level of the rest of my team when i got it. Or my starmie as it has always been my favourite pokemon ever since the red and blue days.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2012
    I've started with HG a couple of days ago, first Pokemon i was aiming to catch was a zubat, because i wanted to see what it was like to have a Crobat.
    It' s so amazing, i love it <3

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    In HG mine is Togekiss. He stayed as a Togetic for a long time until we beat the Elite 4 and finally I bought a Shinning stone from Pokeathlon. Now trying to do the Battle Hall Frontier.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • Wooper, I feel in love with him the moment I saw him, and never removed it from my team ^_^ (Cute, and I like the type matchups!)

Bidoof and it's evolution always was....just there. I never really liked it, but I always had it in my team, either as a proper fighter or a HM slave....subconsiously liked him all along I guess.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I have had a Crobat in my team in every casual playthrough of every Pokemon game from Crystal to HG. The fact that I couldn't catch one until the post-game of B/W is the only bad mark I've got against them. XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2012
    In HeartGold my partner was Espeon. I got her as an eevee from Bill. She's just so adorable, and when I 'talk' to her she always does something cute like 'spin around in happiness' or '<3' which makes me love her more. She's very helpful to my team and overall amazing.

Years
  • For HGSS it would definly be Dragonite. Dragonite has always been a Favourite of mine since I first saw him on the anime. It was also around the the time i discovbered Ev training and smogon. I spent about 1 hour getting the right nature, 3 hours Ev train ing and about 2 days getting to the same level as my others in my party. I think he was the first pokemon I ever Ev trained and used a smogon set on (Dragon Dance, Outrage, Earthquake, Extreme Speed). I remember destroying the elite 4 with him. My other in HGSS would be arcanine, he wasnt ev trained but like Dragonite iv always loved him since gen 1.

In DP my partner would be Infernape. Iv always liked monkeys and he was a great stater pokemon. The other would be Breloom. I remeber using him in emarld and loved him because he reminded me of a kangaroo. I remeber serching for ages to get someone to trade me one and i finnally found someone who did. The Breloom even had spore which made me so happy.

Years
  • When I started playing Heart Gold, I can honestly say I didn't expect Butterfree to become my main partner. It was the first Pokemon that I caught, and the only member of my team that beat all of the gyms, the Elite Four and Red.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Heracross has always been on my team since its introduction! :D It was in my Pearl, Platinum and Soul Silver teams! However in Platinum, I fell in love with rhyhorn, as i loooooove rhinoes! I had one in Soul Silver too, ( i couldn't wait till I got to the league to get one in victory road so i traded an egg from pearl knowing thunder fang) I like rhydon as well, but not rhyperior so i didn't evolve it!

So heracross and Rhyhorn! :D :D :D

Cyprium

Maître de la Terre
    Years
  • In Pearl, I dropped my starter in favour of a Starly that grew to a Staraptor that I now keep on my team in Black. Yet in Platinum, I decided to stick with my Chimchar. In Heart Gold I kind of grew attached to an Arcanine. It's odd that I was so fond of these Pokémon, because looking back I wouldn't have thought twice about said Pokémon.

Back