• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why all the hate?

Kurosaki

As much as that is true, that is not how most people look at it anymore.
    Now everyone demands "?ber leet graphics that you actually start wondering if it's real or not"
    Then obviously those people need to figure out what truly makes a good game. Asteroids for example is fun, as simple as it is, where I've seen crappy games with graphics that appear amazing.

Kitsune_girl

I am ninja hear me roar!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Mew?
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    Graphics don't make a game good. Take Katamari Damacy or Disgaea: hour of darkness for example. Their graphics are not the best, but they're so fun that anyone who plays them will defintly consider them an awsome game. And just how many people are still playing their pokemon games, I know I've played pokemon longer than any game with better graphics.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    *Nintendo DS Fanclub owner enters*

I <3 the PSP =3 Haven't bought one yet, but, it's on my wishlist ^_~

And, I'm quite surprised. Most of the time I see the DS getting slammed and people complaining of rabid Sony fanboys o.o;

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    Hmm... well I don't have a PSP or a DS but I have played the DS when it was first released and I thought (and still think its pretty decent). But as for buying a handheld system, I would go for the PSP first.

I've been following whats going on between the two systems before it was released and like it was said before, every system has its good and bad points whether its graphics or what it can do, but it ususally makes up for some of that for having some sort of innovation. (eg. Xbox currently has the best graphics but weaker games, and it makes up for that by having a built in hard drive for storing music... listening to your music while playing certain games... and having a built in harddrive for saves).

But anyways, it seems all the hate is from people who haven't even tried a PSP and are judging it just like that from what they hear and read. But right now to tell you the truth, neither seems to have an advantage over the other in terms of games and variety... just give the PSP and the DS another year or so (didn't mean to make this into a PSP vs. DS ^^' debate)

Now the current state of the gaming industry is all about graphics > gameplay, and it seems thats how its gonna stay with better and better systems as time goes on... but we can always count on the games that can balance both so nicely.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Sceptiles Master said:
    Me too i made a club and for no reason it got closed and i know it goes in other clubs
    You mean THIS club? :shocked:

Kevin said:
    Well. To answe the question of the thread, lots of people hate the PSP because they think of it as a mini computer, when it's not. It's just like a PS2. Yet no one calls it a mini computer. They both play movies, movies and games. And both play online. (In your face David. That's right. I remember that convo we had XD) Anyways, it's beause of the idiots that treat it like it's not a game system, that people dont like the PSP. (if that made any sense o.O)
    *Shakes head* just had to make yourself look like a fool? XD
    Here are a few reasons why the PSP is a Mini-Computer (this is not only for Kevin but for all out there that don't think it is a mini-computer) and not like a PS2.
    The PSP can upgrade it's software: Computers can also update it's software, but PS2s can't (and don't bring up a MOD chip Kevin since them do not count XD).
    The PSP has a web browser: The PSP can get on the internet just like a computer but the PS2 can't (in three days Sony is sending out and upgrade for the PSP, and a web browser is one of them).
    The PSP can have photos on it: The computer can have pics saved to it but the PS2 can't (Kevin said you can burn pics on a CD and play them on the PS2, but I don't know if it's true or not).
    The PSP can change the color of it's background: You can change the background color of your computer but you can't with the PS2 (right now it's a monthly thing but in 3 days when the upgrade comes out you'll be able to change it to the color you want).
    The PSP can set an image as the background: A computer can set an image/wallpaper as the background on the computer, but the PS2 can't (the upgrade in 3 days).
    I know I had more in the chat we had but I can't think of them right now. XD

Ok now that's out of the way I can get on to my post.
    I own both the DS and PSP. And I like them both, they both have their good and bad points to them. And I do like my PSP better, but only because I use it as an MP3 player (I got it playing songs right now) and that I don't have a DS game. I use my PSP to play songs, and I play my GBA games and my Metroid demo (and my brother's Super Mario 64 DS) on my DS. I think the PSP looks way better then the DS (the nice sleek black look to it). But when it comes to game play I got to say the DS is better, everyone that doesn't own a DS or hasn't played a DS goes "Oh the DS sucks because of it's two screens and the touch screen is a stupid idea". I've made posts on why the DS pwns the PSP on game playing (like how the PSP only has 10 buttons but the DS can have far more since it has a touch screen).
    Everyone judges a system before they play it or own it. I used to think the PS2 sucked, but that was before I got my PS2 (now I own two). No one should think the PSP sucks because it can play moives (but I do like how Triffy put that toaster thing XD) or songs or can view pics or whatever. Untill they played it really well and got to know everything about it then they can judge it. What everyone think should suck is the Battery Life (I would hate to go on a long trip and that thing quit on me because the battery sucked) and the stinking 250 dollar price tag that goes with it (I am still paying for it, and I got it in April O_O).

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Arcanine said:
    You mean THIS club? :shocked:

*Shakes head* just had to make yourself look like a fool? XD
    Here are a few reasons why the PSP is a Mini-Computer (this is not only for Kevin but for all out there that don't think it is a mini-computer) and not like a PS2.
    The PSP can upgrade it's software: Computers can also update it's software, but PS2s can't (and don't bring up a MOD chip Kevin since them do not count XD).
    The PSP has a web browser: The PSP can get on the internet just like a computer but the PS2 can't (in three days Sony is sending out and upgrade for the PSP, and a web browser is one of them).
    The PSP can have photos on it: The computer can have pics saved to it but the PS2 can't (Kevin said you can burn pics on a CD and play them on the PS2, but I don't know if it's true or not).
    The PSP can change the color of it's background: You can change the background color of your computer but you can't with the PS2 (right now it's a monthly thing but in 3 days when the upgrade comes out you'll be able to change it to the color you want).
    The PSP can set an image as the background: A computer can set an image/wallpaper as the background on the computer, but the PS2 can't (the upgrade in 3 days).
    I know I had more in the chat we had but I can't think of them right now. XD

Andy. Stop bringing up the upgrades. They dont count, sine they're add-on's. I'm talking about how it truely is without anything else added to it. (Btw, the mod chip does count as an upgrade XD) So upgrade doesnt count, web browser doesnt count cause that's part of the upgrade, you can to look at photos on the PS2, the change the background color thing is part of the upgrade. Without the upgrade, you're at the mercy of time XD. and the background image is part of the upgrade. So without the upgrade, it's a PS2.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I wouldn't mind if the DS had a software update feature or surf the web. I think it'd be better suited to do so since it has a touch screen.

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
    i Now you make a gOod point but its a total wast of money loOk they made movies fore psp and games Ok, but u can by a dvd player fore 50$ and and a ps2 fore 200$ u save almost 150$ omg, and the ability to store music is useless i can store, what 20 songz thats nothing compared to what other mp3s can do sorry if im spaming put sonny is way over ther heads if they think its a gOod thing i mean in our scOol not even one kid in 7 or 8th grade bot one because its a waist

Kitsune_girl

I am ninja hear me roar!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Mew?
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    wishirulz said:
    i Now you make a gOod point but its a total wast of money loOk they made movies fore psp and games Ok, but u can by a dvd player fore 50$ and and a ps2 fore 200$ u save almost 150$ omg, and the ability to store music is useless i can store, what 20 songz thats nothing compared to what other mp3s can do sorry if im spaming put sonny is way over ther heads if they think its a gOod thing i mean in our scOol not even one kid in 7 or 8th grade bot one because its a waist

I love my PSP, I don't think it's a waste of money at all. You can store as many songs as you want if you have enough memory cards. And if you think about, a PSP is a computor, games system, mp3 player, and movie player all in one, so you save alot more if you only got the PSP. Im my school I'm the only kid who has one, not because it's a waste of money, but because most parent's won't buy there kids a $250 toy.

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
    eh Ok any one can bYe a psp becaus its almost as much as ps2 ok?
    and let me guess how much that memorie card is eh, an other 30$? ya im right

Kurosaki

eh Ok any one can bYe a psp becaus its almost as much as ps2 ok?
    and let me guess how much that memorie card is eh, an other 30$? ya im right
    The hell did you just say? Oo
    The PSP costs more then the PS2 I believe, and the memory cards aren't exactly cheap either. I spend 600$ when I got my PSP the other day.

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FORE PROOVING MY POINT HA KITSUNE GIRL IN YOUR FACE JUST ADMITE IT PSP IS A WAIST (sry if im SPAMing)

Kurosaki

THANK YOU SO MUCH FORE PROOVING MY POINT HA KITSUNE GIRL IN YOUR FACE JUST ADMITE IT PSP IS A WAIST (sry if im SPAMing)
    Where the hell did I say it was a waste? I just said it costed quite a bit of money is all. Honestly, to act so immature over a game system...

Kitsune_girl

I am ninja hear me roar!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Mew?
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    How did I just prove your point? Buying a PSP is cheaper than buying a computor, PS2, DVD player and MP3 player. I don't quiet understand you.... And why do you hate the PSP so much? Do you even have one?

Years
    wishirulz said:
    The price for the PSP and the accessories does not determine the worth of it, the games do. Honestly I could care less for the extra features it has, if I was going to get one it'd be for the games.

By the way, your so called point was, well... pointless.

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
    your all wastes of money a psp cant play dvds k and i never said its more than a computor

Kitsune_girl

I am ninja hear me roar!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Mew?
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    I don't think I wasted my money, I luv my PSP <3 :D I can't wait till Chistmas, then I'll have a PSP and a DS= twice the fun!:rambo:

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
    WAST OF MONEY X 1000 ds is worth it k but psp isent ds is the most advanced handheld platform

Kitsune_girl

I am ninja hear me roar!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Mew?
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    *ignoring wishirulz as he's just another hater*

So, which PSP games are you guys looking forward too? And for the DS owners, which DS games our you looking foward too?

*I promote peace between all game systems, I don't hate or bash on systems, And I belive that all systems have there own good and bad points. Put this in your sig if you feel the same way*

Back