• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Why all the high bidding for a Pokémon in GTS

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
Years
  • For the first time I used the GTS, I noticed that the pkmn that are placed for trading, the OT or the person who placed that pkmn, wants a high level, especially a lvl. 100, pkmn in return.

what's up with that? I mean, it's not normal. Why would anyone ask a lvl. 100 Persian (example), for a lvl. 1 Piplup.

I'm new with this and all I want are the starters, 'cause I started with Turtwig. But I'm not willing to trade a lvl. 100 pkmn for a lvl. 1 pkmn.

gaz-is-the-best

AAAAHHHH!!!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 20, 2010
    That person is probably cloning. they need a rediculous pokemon in return so it doesnt get traded off. you find it in every pokemon you look for
    to teach cloners a lesson i usually give them the pokemon they look for XD

Master Exploder

AGHHHHHHHH
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2011
    I HATE those people! They're pathetic! Once when i needed glameow, i went onto the gts to search for it, and ALL of the people with one (yes, all) wanted either a Mew, Deoxys, Dialga or Palkia! Ugh! It's so pathetic!

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2008
    I know its soo stupid aint it, but oh well just find a decent normal person on here or something to trade with.

nekolexis

Evee Trainer
    Years
  • One of my most funny moments in GTS was when I was looking for a legend apparently I found one and they wanted a lv.100 Luxray for it. I had a Lv.100 Luxray which was going to be traded off either way since I needed a better team. Basically, he learned his lesson and lost his legend XD

Years
  • u know what i hate the most on gts all the people that ask for lv 9 or under mew
    so i thought lets catch in one in sapphire(i own a gba code machine)
    and sent it over i couldnt offer it on gts

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2007
    Most people don't seem to get the idea that the person trading on the other side is looking for a good deal. Either that or it's cloning.

The problem with cloning is that good, reasonable deals are CONSTANTLY overshadowed by morons asking for mew. If I get AR, i'll make tons of level 1 mews and steal as many pokemon as I can - those people will steal other cloners, and i shall reign supreme as the Lord of Evil....or something.

But damn, it's so hard to find stuff like "Scyther for Pinsir" now. Those are good deals.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • I only used the GTS for Honey Tree Pokemon like Munchlax and Combee. Once I got all those, I was done with the GTS permanently.

Rayl

Moonlight Trainer
    Years
  • For the first time I used the GTS, I noticed that the pkmn that are placed for trading, the OT or the person who placed that pkmn, wants a high level, especially a lvl. 100, pkmn in return.

what's up with that? I mean, it's not normal. Why would anyone ask a lvl. 100 Persian (example), for a lvl. 1 Piplup.

I'm new with this and all I want are the starters, 'cause I started with Turtwig. But I'm not willing to trade a lvl. 100 pkmn for a lvl. 1 pkmn.

simple answer is that they are cloning. usually ask for a level 100 Magikarp etc.
    things people wont have.
    sorry if someone already answered this.. im scanning through to answer questions.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2007
    they should really FIX the GTS
    maybe they will when they launch the site

fix is: no asking for a lvl 9 and under mew. its not possible and it shouldn't be an option to ask for it.

i know they aren't going to do it but it'd be nice

Back