• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why are moderators such jackasses sometimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    ITT judging people for simply spicing up their job a bit

Leave him alone. :/

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
    I would have been a little more lenient on that, instead of locking the thread, just move it to the correct forum, with a link to the rules thread. For a new user, I don't blame you: I got an infraction early on, thanks to me overlooking a certain rule.

I think the treatment you got fits more of a member that's been here for 3 weeks or more, since people don't always read the rules in full detail. They're kinda boring, you have to admit.

If you really want to know which rule, then it was in the old RP forum; the one-paragraph minimum.

shot571

umm. i just saw that thread your on about. theres nothing really wrong with the pic. quite funny imo.what would you rather have an infraction or a funny way of closing your thread. trust me mods here are a lot nicer than other places. for example ive been on a site where i got about 6/8 infractions in about a month for writing like this. would U like to battle. just cos i wrote u instead of you. so consider urself lucky

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
    umm. i just saw that thread your on about. theres nothing really wrong with the pic. quite funny imo.what would you rather have an infraction or a funny way of closing your thread. trust me mods here are a lot nicer than other places. for example ive been on a site where i got about 6/8 infractions in about a month for writing like this. would U like to battle. just cos i wrote u instead of you. so consider urself lucky

I'd think that the picture would be more offensive to him, seeing as it's his thread, and he seems to have taken the post personally. It may not seem bad to you, but trust me, it's must worse when it's directed at you.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Like a dozen times before me, S&M is for competitive battling. There is a new "Team Help" section. I don't know if that section was around at the time your thread got locked; if so, I would have just moved it there or to the Simple Q&A sticky if I was Luke; but if not, the lock was valid.

The cool story bro thing is just a joke don't take it personally. Never take anything on the internet too personal unless you're going through you boyfriend's e-mail and discovering he's cheating on you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    In my opinion, they act like that because they have to deal with whiny, moronic users that can't follow the rules almost everyday. Right now, you're probably considered one of them.

Plus, it doesn't hurt for moderators to add a little humor to their posts before locking the thread. It's sad that you actually find it sickening and leads you to believe that all the moderators on here are jackasses.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    The mods act that way because they're human. And humans sometimes have the irresistible urge to be jerk-asses.

I think this thread should be closed, because it's basically everyone's just going to pop in and say "rede teh gawrsh darn ruwlez, k??"

Also... REDE TEH GAWRSH DARN RUWLEZ, K??

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Why is this still open!? x_X

As everyone else said, the staff are only human. Some days we have all the patience in the world and other days, we can't help but post a snarky reply as we close threads. Usually we reserve the snark for repeat offenders or really, really stupid threads, but every so often it slips through to any thread. It's not the nicest thing to see in a thread you've made, and for that I apologize, but I can assure you it wasn't meant to be a personal attack or anything. Just a mod having a bit of fun as they do their mundane jobs. :P

In the future, if you have a specific complaint about a moderator or staff member, direct it to the higher staff (or anyone who ranks above them) and we'll look into it. I'm sorry you feel offended by the way your thread was closed, and I neither agree nor disagree with the way it was closed, but a big thread like this won't really help the situation and tends to get people riled up for weird reasons.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    lol

Just popping in to say sorry. Didn't mean to be a "jackass." I was going to use that GIF in whatever thread I found that needed to be closed. Your thread was the "lucky" one. If you have a problem with the way I closed your thread, just PM me politely and I'll talk to you about it. I don't have a problem explaining my actions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back