• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why are you still into the Anime?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    No, I'm not asking this as some Senior bully that's trying to troll a poor freshman that likes Pokemon D:

What I want to hear from people is why do you still watch Pokemon today, or are just into it or such. And for people who outright don't watch it but still come to this section, what was your trigger switch to stop watching Pokemon? (Cue the Misty fans!)

As for me, I enjoy Pokemon like Sushi. It's so much of a lot of stuff I like and hate so mashed up and compressed together, it's something different I enjoy.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I stopped watching when I matured enough to realize that not a single one of the characters had an arc. It was ridiculous, and I grew fed up with it.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 9, 2013
    Sometimes there really isn't anything better to do.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Dunno really. I watch it... then i get over it.... then i watch it again! but i guess i watch it cause of ash

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Sometimes I wonder myself. But mostly to see if Ash will win a Pokemon League for once...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well Im not sure at all and I want to watch it... its like I have to watch it when I can =O Maybe its Ash, maybe its pikachu, maybe its the horrible jokes... who knows.. :\

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
  • I never really got into it as a kid, but I got the Indigo season a few days ago and have been watching a few episodes every day. I like it. Maybe the recent seasons aren't as fun?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I watch it because it amuses me from time to time xD
    And its not that bad, plus I've been watching it since I was like 6.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I watch it because it's the only thing keeping me constantly connected with the franchise. I play the 3rd version of each game and buy a pack of cards once every blue moon so it's the only way I can learn all of the new Pokémon. I also enjoy it as a week-to-week and because it' a long runner which we have so few of that aren't comedies.

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    I like the battles and the combo moves you cant use in the games like dawns flame ice that mamoswine and cyndiquil use in the contest battle :)

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I don't go out my way to watch it. If I'm bored and its there, i usually see it as a little better of a choice than the rest of the junk on TV. Not really that good of a show anymore, though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    I think I still watch it because I used to enjoy it very much when I was jounger and now I think I'm just used to watching Pokemon once in a while. Also the characters kind of grew on me and I want to know how their journey goes on. Another reason might be that friendship, care and trust are huge themes in the series. It's a good way to relax from the nasty real world outside ;)

Years
  • Pokemon is the only show I watch. I stopped watching it some time after it stopped being popular here, and after about two years returned only for the music. But eventully it was inveitable to return to watch the anime, so I owe all those YouTube users for uploading every episode for us to watch.
    As I said before, the idea of the Pokemon world is just brilliant. Though it's been 8-9 years without much Pokemon here, I have a friend who plays one of the games on his spare time. Pokemon is just awesome.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2011
    Hmm. A few reasons, but I don't think anything related to the show being any good. Force of habit, interest in the games, just liking having a show to keep up with every week. The only characters I *really* like are Jun and Shinji, and they're probably going to leave by DP. Honestly, sometimes I wonder why I do keep watching every week, and even then, I know I'm going to keep watching when Best Wishes starts, too. It's just addicting, I suppose.

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
  • i like the anime because i don't really know, i liked watching Diamond and Pearl because it was new i guess

Noltron200

Im not a robot.
    Years
  • Who used to watch pokemon (or still does)

I used to love watching pokemon... We're blasting off again!!!
    Meowth thats right lol

Which brings me to this poll...

Edit: crap I did it again!!!
    The poll was going to have 4 questions:
    I used to watch, not anymore.
    I still watch.
    Ive never watched it.

I dislike the show.

Back