• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Ash's Pikachu is Different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    it doesn't matter if I'm wrong or not what matters is that's what I believe in, you don't kick people around in the ass for there believes, God our heavenly father says to let people believe what they want to, and don't be mean just cause they don't believe in what you believe

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    it doesn't matter if I'm wrong or not what matters is that's what I believe in, you don't kick people around in the ass for there believes, God our heavenly father says to let people believe what they want to, and don't be mean just cause they don't believe in what you believe

LOL, your post is wrong in so many ways.

1. It does matter when everyone else in the world knows that Pikachu is not shiny when it has been 100% not only by us but by the Anime and Nintendo.

2. That "you don't kick people around in there ass for there believes" remark, look at EVERY WAR EVER they are all caused by peoples believes so yes that does happen all the time.

3. It's is not what i believe, it is a fact, The Anime proves it and so does Nintendo by having the normal Pikachu sprite the same color as Ash's Pikachu.

You can continue you be ignorant, or you can except that you are wrong.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009

...Oh my goodness. I suppose that you are unfamiliar with the term "religious war," then, in which case I ask you to please go look up the Crusades or the Inquisition. People have used religion to attack others over their beliefs for centuries.

If you simply have no way to counter the evidence presented to you here, fine. However, do NOT use such an excuse to simply dismiss everything that has been said. I honestly do hope that you are simply trolling here.

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years

I'm just curious, though. If you don't want us to voice our opinions about yours, then what exactly do you want us to do here? =/

That said, a few things I'd like to point out. Mostly, even if it is shiny (and I'm not saying that it is -- *motions to the proof the others have brought up*), that really doesn't make it special for the following reasons:

1. Shininess hasn't really had an effect on stats since the reworking of the system in Gen III. Even then, in GSC, the IVs that determined shininess weren't necessarily the best IVs a Pokemon could possibly have.

2. Given everyone's reaction to Ash's Noctowl (which is shiny) from the episode it was caught in onward, I don't think people make too much of a big deal about it. Yeah, you've got the initial, "Hey! That's an unusually colored Pokemon!" (Which happens again with pretty much every shiny in the anime as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong, please?) But other than that, nothing. If Ash's Pikachu is special because it's shiny, the characters may not actually care.

3. Going back up to a point I loosely covered with #2, but if Pikachu happened to be an alternately colored Pokemon, it's a little strange that no one seemed to notice yet. As in, there's no "Hey! That's an unusually colored Pokemon!" There was, meanwhile, for the pink Butterfree, if I recall correctly. And then, of course, there was for the known shinies in the show as well.

So, yes. *shrug* Having an opinion's fine and dandy, but to go this defensive on everyone else for calling you out on an inaccurate statement (which was originally presented as fact or theory) is a little strange, given that this is a discussion. That and you don't seem to present any evidence yourself (or take the time to really consider canon), yet previously, you stated people were shooting down your opinion without proof. All I'm saying is you may want to sit down and really think things through or at least try to argue against what we're presenting if you want to defend your opinion.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    well, if its really not true, then let's just say my version of Ash's Pikachu is Shiny, the crators of Pokemon can do what they want with Ash's Pikachu and I'll do what I want with it, and my storyline of it is that it's Shiny

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    well, if its really not true, then let's just say my version of Ash's Pikachu is Shiny, the crators of Pokemon can do what they want with Ash's Pikachu and I'll do what I want with it, and my storyline of it is that it's Shiny

...You can do virtually whatever you want to as far as personal fanfictions go, as long as you realize that your stories are not canon and are irrelevant to the anime. The problem is, you started this thread as proposing an answer to something in the anime, not describing a plot point that you plan to use. Just because you want it to be Shiny does not make it so.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    well, if its really not true, then let's just say my version of Ash's Pikachu is Shiny, the creators of Pokémon can do what they want with Ash's Pikachu and I'll do what I want with it, and my storyline of it is that it's Shiny

Right so you don't even agree with Nintendo or the Anime? YOU ARE AN IDIOT, you cannot question the creators of the series, and you cannot change something which you do not own, you did not create the series there for you CANNOT change him to shiny, except that he is not shiny or stop been a Pokémon fan, because you do not deserve to be one if you cannot even except the well know facts of the series.

If you want a storyline where the main charaters starter is a shiny Pikachu, then go write a fan fic, do not go around saying you are going to change the Anime.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    I'm shutting down this thread for the moment to let everyone cool down. After a few days, I'll reconsider unlock this thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back