• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Why can't I put items into my PC?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2007
    I just got this today (early!!! Not meant to be in the UK till October)and I can't seem to find somewhere to put items into from my bag!

Any help or have they dropped this function?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2007
    Oh marvellous thank you!
    I haven't much at the moment but I remember the old days of 20 items to the bag LOL

Years
    Well, I actually preferred it when we had the ability to put them on the PC. Now my bag is just full of stuff and I hardly can find anything.
    I wish there was a separate category for stones :/

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2007
    I hate that they did it that way, because evertime I put and remove my exp. share from a pokemon(which i actually do alot) It takes me like 1 minute to scroll down to the bottom.. wish there was at least a way to jump to the bottom of the bag where new items are put :( :( :(

Years
    Well, they've got the Pokeball scroll wheel on the bottom screen... I guess that's a little faster.

And I really wish they had kept the item storage in the PC. My bag is way to cluttered with stuff I'll need someday, but not at the moment.

Years
    Yeah, I hate having to scroll to the bottom of the regular item section when I want to switch hold items for my pokes.

Though, one suggestion I can make is to just attach unused items (stones, incenses, random crap) onto unused pokemon in your PC. The "move items" function is handy for that.
    It definitely doesn't come close to the good ol' PC storage of old games, but it does reduce bag clutter.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I hate that they did it that way, because evertime I put and remove my exp. share from a pokemon(which i actually do alot) It takes me like 1 minute to scroll down to the bottom.. wish there was at least a way to jump to the bottom of the bag where new items are put

I know what you mean, I had that same problem also,

but they should have still put a item storage system because we might sell these items by accent and not know, well some of us at least

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Years
    I liked to PC storage because I could put things I picked up while traveling in there. Like all the items that boost the attack of a certain type if they hold it. I really don't need those with me all the time. Also what Soylvak sid about the scrolling. It's too bad they got rid of it.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    i really hate the fact they took off the item storage, but to scroll faster.. Press select on an item, then scroll. its will scroll down WAyyyyyy faster tha the original speed

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Ugh, I HATE the lack of a box system for items, I don't know why they didn't keep it in even with the unlimited bag space. I can never find ANYTHING in a timely manner and when I do know exactly where something is, it takes forever to scroll there even with the Pokéball scroll wheel on the touch screen. X(

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    It's quite a pain that they had to do this. I'm quite sure I could have emptied at least 2/3 of my bag into the PC if there had been one.

Scrolling takes forever and is extremely annoying when you've just either 1. Picked up a new item and want to use it or 2. You want to stick a hold item onto your Pokemon and it's at the bottom of the bag.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I wonder why they removed this feature in D/P? I mean, it's not like it takes up a lot of coding memory. o_O

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    I hate that they did it that way, because evertime I put and remove my exp. share from a pokemon(which i actually do alot) It takes me like 1 minute to scroll down to the bottom.. wish there was at least a way to jump to the bottom of the bag where new items are put :( :( :(

hear hear! i guess using the touchscreen to scroll down is faster than using the button

I wonder why they removed this feature in D/P? I mean, it's not like it takes up a lot of coding memory. o_O

i guess they did it for our conveniece

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    hear hear! i guess using the touchscreen to scroll down is faster than using the button

The touch screen isn't that much faster really. Although you get to decide the speed, the button goes down and increases speed as you go along until you've reached the same speed you'd have via touch screen.

The touch screen's more convenient, but neither the less, still slow.

Years
    i prefer the unlimited bag over the pc. i just arrange my items so things i use regularly are at the top and stuff i doubt i'll be using anytime soon are at the bottom.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    Yes, for exp share i found the following out: transfer your exp share from the other games to D/P and just put it on top of the list... together with max repel.. works like a charm

Back