• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do you listen to music?

Years
  • I love listening to music.

I even own a Digital Radio.

My fave radio station is triple j (it's owned by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation) cos it's full of comedy.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • So why do you listen to music? - A lot of reasons, actually. To escape problems, to express feelings. Most of the time it's just because I don't like it being quiet, I like background noise. <: Music play's a very big and important role in my life.

Usually for moods people play music to relate to their current mood, I however, play up-beating music when I'm depressed or sad. Or when I'm angry, I'll listen to a totally fun song. <:

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • Why do you listen to music?

I listen to music because of the emotion, passion, heart, soul, genius, creativity and entertainment that can be found in most genres of music and songs. All of which the likes of Gary Moore, Carlos Santana, Brian May, Rory Gallagher and other provided.

Music is a drug to me, I just absolutely love finding a new song or just listen to an already discovered, masterpieces of art. For me, Gary Moore constructed so many great pieces of work and I cam feel the heart, sorrow, emotion and passion in all of them and that's why he's one of my favourite artists.

Music, like many other fine forms of arts can just drag you into another world and it's always there for you. What I love even more about music is the legacy it leaves behind. The performing musician will unfortunately never grace to Earth again, but his or her songs will always be with us.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I just enjoy it really. For me it's no escape from the rest of the world. It holds virtually no emotional meaning for me, I'm not trying to use it to help me express however I'm feeling at the time. I just listen to whatever I feel like because I like how it sounds. Nothing more than that, really. I know it sounds shallow but whatever, I just don't draw anything emotional from music.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I usually just listen to music whilst I walking by myself to the shops, it entertains me, but if I am in a bad mood and reading a book doesn't help, music can reflect my emotions back and ease my temper into my normal calm self again instead of rampaging in my mind or hitting something and injuring myself in the process.

Generally though, I have no attachment to music other than for boredom, but I do enjoy expanding my music genres and listening to more, I am constantly looking for more over the internet on YouTube or getting some suggestions through friends and family.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Man, my opinion is already in the opening post. Does this mean I don't get to reply? :P

Well, like I said in another thread (apparently! I already forget writing that, lol), music isn't a huge spiritual or meaningful thing for me. I like catchy music because I tend to just listen to something as background noise for the more important (to me) thing I'm doing at the time. The songs that usually end up having the most "meaning" to me are the ones I had on repeat during any given important time in my life--because when I go back to listen to them later, I remember those earlier times and I can nostalgia. I like video game soundtracks because I typically like playing the games and the music reminds me of them. That's all music is for me.

Sometimes I do come across a really beautiful piece but past making me feel good, I tend not to draw a ton of inspiration from it or anything.

Back