• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why hello There

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2013
    I can only offer but a humble introduction I suppose, greetings.

I enjoy pixel and Voxel based games.

Call me Vox if you would like.

Years
  • If you don't mind me asking.. what is a Voxel-based game? I almost feel a little out of the loop. It does make for an amazing-looking username, though! Welcome to the forum, Vox!

I adore pixel games as well but lately it's been a bit hard to find them, especially since I have a Mac. Steam doesn't wield that many nice results and this amazing-looking game called Super Crate Box refuses to open on my laptop. :( Awful but I'm sure I'll find something eventually. Maybe you can look around our Video Games board and start some topics on these games if they don't already exist? I'd be very curious to see what kinds of voxel/pixel games are out there and who plays what. That board is pretty wonderful and an especially great way to show off your Let's Plays if you make 'em, though it's great to see how many gamers are around our community. Guess it was obvious since we're Pokemon fans but the video gaming board is thriving and you're going to fit riiight in. There are myriads of Pokemon discussions flying around as well so you're going to have a lot to do here - the forum's enormous and something new is always popping up.

Your intro was pretty to-the-point, which isn't bad at all, but I'd be interested in knowing about where you stand as far as Pokemon's concerned? Do you play and have you for a long time? Do you mostly enjoy the games or are there other parts of the franchise that catch your eye? Regardless of your reason for being here and what kind of fan you are I'm sure you'll settle into the community quickly; we're generally very friendly. Pleasant faces all around! n_n;

Have a lovely stay on PC Vox, and be sure to let me or another moderator know if you need help. We're happy to assist anytime! Everyone here is just as happy to talk and befriend you though, so not being shy's the most important thing to get the most out of the community.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2013
    Voxels can be compared to Pixel in the respect that they are cube and or box like and require large amounts to be high resolution. Whereas vertexes are various polygons rendered into a form connected by points. Regarding pokemon, I desire to make my own rom hack at some point because I have grown a bit weary of the repetition I see on the handheld series. I do enjoy pokemon and all the lore with it however.

Back