• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Why Not Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    For every generation, we had a sequel type game (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) all of which were better than the two versions released before it.

So..Why not wait until that one comes out, instead of buying one of the first two, and missing out on some cool features?

Just wondering your thoughts on this. And do you wait? Or do you get one of the two versions before the sequel.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I allways get one of the two games, even if it doesen have all the features, you dont know the features the third one will have, so its not like your gonna feel like your missing out on something, atleast not for me as i dont know what i would be missing out on!

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    I allways get one of the two games, even if it doesen have all the features, you dont know the features the third one will have, so its not like your gonna feel like your missing out on something, atleast not for me as i dont know what i would be missing out on!

True, if it were one of the first few generations. I'm pretty sure by now we know what to expect.

Years
    MY RIDICULOUS THEORY:
    If this happens, sales of Black and White will be so abysmally low, that in order to make up for this waste of money, they skip immediately to Gen VI soon after instead of the 3rd version or supposed remakes of R/S.

Besides, if no one plays the first 2 games and post about why they suck so hard, they won't have any feedback on how to improve the 3rd one.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I don't like the idea of waiting another 2 years since 3rd installments typically come two years after (Emerald '05, R&S '03; D&P '07, Platinum '09). Yeah the 3rd installment may be better but I always get the games when they first come out. I may even get both like maybe some months after I buy Black. You could wait till the 3rd game..but really do you want to be the one who doesn't have the game while everyone else has it (and the Isshu saga will start in the anime b4 the 3rd game comes out)? By the time ___ version comes out you'd already know so much about Isshu and gen 5 that it would ruin the surprise. This is just my take though, you can do whatever you want. Still, Zekrom and Reshiram are just too awesome to ignore.

Esmas

General
    Years
    I despise anyone who's patient and picky enough to wait until the third version. That ruins the fun of getting the third version. When I got Diamond, I was like "OMG THIS IS EPIC WIN!!!!!" then when I got Platinum I was like "THIS IS EVEN MORE EPIC WIN!!!!!!!" I only buy the third version as a comparison, to see which features they improved on, not to mention there are version-exclusive Pokémon in each individual game, as well as the available starters, legendaries and events.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    just sitting there while everyone plays B and W would be horrifying... im sorry, but platinum can't distract us for 2 more years while thay make another one :(

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
    Even waiting just for B/W to come out is hard enough, never-mind waiting for the 3rd installment!! And, I like having both of each. I've bought emerald after R/S and Platinum after D/P and been really happy with the differences and the similarities. :)

If you're patient enough to wait that long, you must have super human will power....

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I don't think I'd be able to wait for the third installment! I usually just buy one of the first two, but for this, and after seeing what got added in Platinum... I think I'll get both Black and What-Looks-to-be-Fan-Named-Gray.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    I don't this anybody can really wait much longer after all these teasers and videos and images being shown. Hey there's only easy solution for your problem, why not get all 3, and if that doesn't fit your budget, then get 2, its definitely better that curiously waiting for the 3rd Gen V game.

FloatingClouds

Champion CSSer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2011
    If they make a grey, I quit seriously, who wants to play a "new" game that they already played?
    Nintendo, get it into your head, It's either B and W or just Grey.
    They just SQUEEEEZE money out of you!
    When ruby sapphire and emerald-(sigh!) came out my brother got ruby for his birthday, and I thought I was so cool when I went to eb games and bought that 70 dollar price tagged game " Pokemon Emerald" and came home to play it just to realise it was the same as ruby (sux) now I hate nintendo for squeezing my money out of me for useless reasons. Like them saying "Hey kids, This origanal nds console is cool! Buy it. Lets make an nintendo ds lite, then maybe a dsi, oh wait thats not big enough, hmmm! dsi xl/ll! no no, not cool enough! Oh an new 3d system! 3d is the go these days! I bet you that they make like a grand a day, seriously!

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
    Wow, Clouds. I'm surprised you're that ticked off about a video game. Can I ask you, do you even understand what "PROFIT" means? Whatever the franchise does, they find ways to make the third game bigger, better and more fun for us fans. This way, we're bound to buy it.

Hurrdurr logic

Ayselipera

I always end up buying all three. The only case where this didn't happen was when the first generation games came out.

I get both because I usually end up wanting to use one of the Pokemon left out in each game. Along with that I also always end up wanting to capture both legendaries. Plus I don't see anything wrong with having Black and White. Then when the third combination game comes out I get that too to see all the differences. There are times too when I don't want to play with so many features and I'll go back to playing one of the first two games that came out. I'm complicated.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    The question is, can you overcome the temptation to play them? even when your friends already play it?

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    If I can, I'll try to get all three. On a side-note, speaking of varieties and versions... I just looked up "Isshu" on an online Japanese-to-English translator. Apparently, it can mean either "poem" or, as I implied, "variety". Odd choice of name, but I guess that means we'll being seeing a lot of different kinds of things... Of course, that's not what this thread is about. Anywho, I'll try to get all three, though I'll likely just get White and whatever the third version is.

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Because LV25 Zoroark Event WILL NOT BE in 3rd game! :D

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    If they make a grey, I quit seriously

Sorry hun, I bet you you'll def. quit by the next 2 years, then?
    There'll always be a 3rd version for a generation.

Red, Blue, Yellow.
    Gold, Silver, Crystal.
    Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald.
    Diamond, Pearl, Platinum.

And funnily, how'd you not know Ruby, Sapphire = Emerald's sisters?

And to answer this topic.
    I'll def. get Black, and when the 3rd comes I'll still get another 1) For collective purposes, 2) For the new features.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back