• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Why Not Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    I dont think it take too long to make a 3rd version, but they Are goin to wait until black and white sales slow down before they release it.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • coz grey sounds dull. we dont know what the new features are, they could be lame. i like having a game that comes out 6 months b4 it comes out in my country.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • If they make a grey, I quit seriously, who wants to play a "new" game that they already played?
    Nintendo, get it into your head, It's either B and W or just Grey.
    They just SQUEEEEZE money out of you!
    When ruby sapphire and emerald-(sigh!) came out my brother got ruby for his birthday, and I thought I was so cool when I went to eb games and bought that 70 dollar price tagged game " Pokemon Emerald" and came home to play it just to realise it was the same as ruby (sux) now I hate nintendo for squeezing my money out of me for useless reasons. Like them saying "Hey kids, This origanal nds console is cool! Buy it. Lets make an nintendo ds lite, then maybe a dsi, oh wait thats not big enough, hmmm! dsi xl/ll! no no, not cool enough! Oh an new 3d system! 3d is the go these days! I bet you that they make like a grand a day, seriously!

Wow, FloatingClouds, calm down buddy o.o
    This is not true they didn't improve R&S -> Battle Frontier wasn't included in R&S as it is in Emerald, am I wrong ? Kyogre and Groudon don't fight in front of your eyes in Sapphire, and Ruby, do they ? And by saying "Oh an new 3d system ! 3d is the go these day !" --> Are you saying you'd rather play the old 2D game rather than the 2.5D recent ones ? xD

Anywho, Not gonna wait, it's already hard enough to wait for B&W to come out @_@
    I will buy Black, and test it to see if it really is worth the "OMG 8D" thing xD -whichIthinkwillbe-
    I might just download the ROMs as soon as it get English patched, so to say xDD

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • Butting in, but YES. 2D is cool, 3D is cool too, but 2.5D is a load of crap. I hated the fourth gen mostly because of its silly 2.5D. D:

Yup, I do agree, but B&W version are gonna have a better 3D, aren't they ?
    So basically I think they are still improving on the graphism Cx
    We had to go through that "2.5D" first, so they'd improve it later, which they're obviously working on, even though it might not be a PS3 Ubber graphism C;

This is also why I can't wait for B&W, I want to see the improvement, even if it's not THAT much of an improvement ~

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    For every generation, we had a sequel type game (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) all of which were better than the two versions released before it.

So..Why not wait until that one comes out, instead of buying one of the first two, and missing out on some cool features?
    Just do what I do. Buy one of the initial releases and the third version. Why would you bother waiting 2 years?

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Not really a big deal to me i always buy all three anyways.......but this Generation is starting to look a little sketchy so i'll buy one play it through and see if i should bither buying the others.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
  • Everytime there is a great leap graphically I usually get it unless I don't have the handheld it was on like Platinum though before with the gba games I had gotten ruby then went and got emerald

I wonder if we'll see ruby and sapphire remakes before the special edition of black and white

Swinoob

... [I am not a talker].
    Years
  • Well, it's nice to be able to compare the original games to the new ones, but, more importantly, by the time the third game comes out, you'll know tons of strategies for the new Pokemon. When I first got Pearl, I sucked at it because I didn't know what roles the new Pokemon were best at playing. Then when I finally got Platinum, I finally knew how to use the new Pokemon, and I finally knew what to do with the new Pokemon. In other words, the first two games are sort of like an introduction to the new generation, so by the time two years have passed, you know all about the new Pokemon, moves, and strategies.

Hybrid Theory

Who needs friends? hehe..HAHA
    Years
  • I'd just not get the third installment. I don't really care for all these extra features, it's still the same game I'd be getting. xP besides that, I'm way too impatient to wait another year or so..

Future Arceus

I hate my name
    Years
  • i try to get one of the first 2 then always get the sequel. still i wish that the side game would have both version's pokemon. platinum didn't hav glameow or skunky!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • i try to get one of the first 2 then always get the sequel. still i wish that the side game would have both version's pokemon. platinum didn't hav glameow or skunky!

Yeh it was terrible!
    I have Diamond and Platinum and up till now I still don't get a Glameow :(

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
  • I'll get one of black or white, after I've completed it I'll probably get the version I didn't buy as I don't like reseting my first game but I want to play through again. Then I always end up getting the 3rd one when that comes out and playing with the shiny new features.

But £80 to £90 spent over two years for what edges on a a thousand hours of gaming isn't such a big deal to me, but to be fair I have a job earning a good bit of money.

Last edited:

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    Meh. I'm buying Black (maybe) and the whatever the 3rd one for the extra crap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back