• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Wobbufet is Uber

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    this guy is at 2 on the ladder last time I checked.

Also, with the uturn comment, jirachi worksnice. If the ability keeps him in, then he won't laugh at a super effective attack from a base 100 attack poke.

Toxic might help against wobby too. ( Not on jirachi.)

Good luck U-Turning, If wobby counters that, its going to dominate what ever you bring in next =X

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    So will we all need to use Toxic on every poke in case it comes in on Wobby?

Okay, we get it. There a few moves that every Pokemon would have to carry to balance out Wobbuffett's uber-ness. Constantly reiterating this point is annoying and unneeded.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Okay, we get it. There a few moves that every Pokemon would have to carry to balance out Wobbuffett's uber-ness. Constantly reiterating this point is annoying and unneeded.

I don't understand this much at all. He gave his solution, I simply said why it wouldn't work. As annoying as it is, it is certainly needed, as long as they keep giving solutions that are countered by this point.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I think the point sims is making is that no matter what you say counters Wobbuffet, a good Wobbuffet user just won't bother with those pokemon and will take out the others. I would agree personally, as I think it's pretty obvious what beats Wobbuffet, but we'll be doomed either way. so...yeah.

...and number two on the ladder? no wonder why.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    It's kinda your fault for running a lead Bronzong without Hypnosis when you know perfectly well you could see a Wobby lead and also for not exploding when you saw it.

Still, it should probably be uber. The thing is though no one uses it and so you can't rightfully say it overcentralizes anything right now.

sims796

Years
    It's kinda your fault for running a lead Bronzong without Hypnosis when you know perfectly well you could see a Wobby lead and also for not exploding when you saw it.

Still, it should probably be uber. The thing is though no one uses it and so you can't rightfully say it overcentralizes anything right now.

Right now. Soon enough, it will be used enough to say it overcentralizes the game. Point is, as long as Wobby exist in this metagame, it overcentralizes the game, seeing as we must go through great lengths in order to counter it.

Not all leads use Explosion. At the same time, I don't use Hypnosis on Zong-it isn't his only option. But now I must because of this thing?

I don't care ow many times I said it, or how annoying it is getting, as it is still a valid point, when I say it forces pokes to run a certain way.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    The only thing is, every move on a Pokemon's set is for a certain reason. Claydol usually only runs Psychic to hit Gengar trying to block it's Rapid Spin. Garchomp usually runs Fire Blast to take out Skarmory/Bronzong/Forretress. While Wobbuffet is a huge threat, I don't think you should throw a huge stink over having to run certain moves to counter Pokemon. It's part of the game.

sims796

Years
    But that's the thing, which makes your post a little hard to swallow. Certain Pokemon has no place using certain moves. Many pokes can't afford to be creative. I'm starting to annoy myself, but would you put Toxic on Garchomp for the oft chance you'd run into Wobbo? Simply throwing random moves is not the way to counter it. It has been said trillions of times already, but Wobbuffet's counters are few & far between, and unless you're planning on making the entire team Wobbu counter, he will take out some pokes before he goes down. You really missed the point in what I, and the majority of posters meant when we said that. You'd need to put both Taunt, Substitute, or Toxic on every member on your team in order to properly counter it.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    The thing is that other pokemon don't trap you helplessly and Encore you. I'm all for challenging common knowledge stuff like why Wobbuffet is uber, but I think it really is uber because it can take out both of your walls very easily and then Raikou comes to clean things up. gg

That's my biggest problem with Wobby...

EDIT: BTW Toxic on Garchomp is actually really good as it totally shuts down Moonlight Cressi trying to counter you and all bulky grounds and bulky waters lacking Rest. But yeah, lol

Blargtastic808

likes stuff
    Years
    Since when did they let him out of the uber tier?! He will and shall always remain an uber in my book. I play Shoddy once about a month back and now I'm rather hesitant to return...

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Wow, I seriously feel for you Sy...

Similar thing happened to me. It was a locking team, Wobby, Duggy, Weavile, Tyranitar, Gengar and Magnezone...

~T_S

shedinjask

Years
    Oh, I didn't think anything would be slower than Wobby.

But still, you should have Exploded. In this particular case it's not overcentralization since you weren't using it for Wobby in the first place. It was already on your Bronzong. It would have saved you a Kingdra.

I do agree it should be Uber but you really can't afford to make mistakes like this.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Wobby needs to be re-banned, liek now. We already have a list of things out teams have to have, like walls and spinners ect. How predictable are leads gonna be if it needs to be a wobby counter? I personally dont wanna turn my bronzong into a suicide bomber just to fight off that flat faced, encoring pillock. Back in the ubers please, im not even convinced it's fair there either. Its a cheap kill, its like FEAR ratata but not funny.

Last edited:

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years

But still, you should have Exploded. In this particular case it's not overcentralization since you weren't using it for Wobby in the first place. It was already on your Bronzong. It would have saved you a Kingdra.

I do agree it should be Uber but you really can't afford to make mistakes like this.

So I should randomly explode my starter? Is that your logic? What if by chance he would switch to Dusknoir or any ghost for that matter.. it would even be more embarrassing. How is forcing me to use Explosion not overcentralizing the metagame?

sims796

Years

It's still very much overcetralization. Should I now use Explosion on all my Bronzong leads in case I run into Wobby? I don't run either Explosion or Hypnosis--now I have too? To what, be prepared for Wobby leads? So I must waste a perfectly good Bronzong every game. And if they are a good Wobby user, or if they have Sash, they could predict such an obvious strategy. No matter how you spin it, he limits the amount of usable pokes, and usable strategies. And, if it wasn't a lead, he could have kept it a surprise, and came in on any poke, that CAN'T prepare for Wobby, in any way period. Chomp has better thing to do than to Toxic, as does Mence, and many other pokes.

And yes, if Bronzong uses Gyro Ball, it would run with the least amount of speed possible.

shedinjask

Years
    I know it's overcentralization in the long run, but in this particular case it wasn't since he was already running Explosion Bronzong.

I really would have taken the Explosion risk. It's hard for Wobby to switch in once you get it out and know what kind of team they're running. Either way Bronzong dies, you might as well take the chance.

Back