• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    sorry but can u be more clear note that i am using windows 7

The steps for Windows 7 are the same as what Albo-One said. Albo-One just neglected to tell you how to get to Device Manager. You can get there by clicking "Start", then right-clicking on "Computer", and then selecting "Manage" on the menu that pops up, and then click "Continue" on the security warning message that pops up. The Computer Management window will pop up, and in the pane on the left-hand side of the window, there will be something that says "Device Manager". Double-click that to enter it, and then follow Albo-One's instructions.

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
    Years
    The steps for Windows 7 are the same as what Albo-One said. Albo-One just neglected to tell you how to get to Device Manager. You can get there by clicking "Start", then right-clicking on "Computer", and then selecting "Manage" on the menu that pops up, and then click "Continue" on the security warning message that pops up. The Computer Management window will pop up, and in the pane on the left-hand side of the window, there will be something that says "Device Manager". Double-click that to enter it, and then follow Albo-One's instructions.

ok now i got there but i cant find my wireless connection what is wrong?

Years
    ok now i got there but i cant find my wireless connection what is wrong?

Actually, thinking about it, I don't think this is the way to solve it at all. Is your copy of Windows 7 the Home Premium edition? I can't really help you there because Home Premium loses some functionality compared to Windows 7 Professional, which is the only version I have access to.

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
    Years
    Actually, thinking about it, I don't think this is the way to solve it at all. Is your copy of Windows 7 the Home Premium edition? I can't really help you there because Home Premium loses some functionality compared to Windows 7 Professional, which is the only version I have access to.

well my laptop is the home premium but my dads is the ultimate so can i fix it from my dads laptop?

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
    Years
    You would have to do it from the laptop that is having the issues. Try Googling your problem. I do think that Windows 7 Home Premium might not support WEP protocol secured wireless networks, but I'm not sure.

ok thanks alot for ur help anyway

irishjay1

Don't mess with me.
    Years
    Anybody who has a DSi XL will probably have internet problems. I have a DSi XL and the internet doesn't work. It's not because of the network because my bro. has a dsi original and the internet works fine on it. I suggest buying a nintendo wifi adapter off eBay.

Years
    Sorry if this has been asked and resolved before. Why won't my DSi connect to my Sky Broadband router. I have changed it from WAP to WEP as it wouldn't connect on WAP.. now everytime I enter the WEP code it says some error code.

I did this before on my DSi & DSiXL and it worked! Why is it not working now?
    So frustrated.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    hey!!
    i got a DS but i don't have a WEP wi fi i have WAP so what should i do to apply WAP in pokemon heart gold ?? PLZ help me :)

Years
    To further clarify:

Original DS only supports WEP.
    DSLite only supports WEP.
    DSi supports WEP and WPA.
    DSi XL supports WEP and WPA.
    DS games only support WEP so that they can be compatible with the DSLite and the original DS. As far as I'm aware.

So I was right. ;)

When the member only asked 'DS' I thought they were implying the only had a DS/lite.​

Years
    setting up a connection?

hi i'm new to the wifi stuff but as for my internet, i'm using a usb kind, you know where its portable, can install in any computer and like you pay a monthly set amount for the internet. since its usb and all that, and when i was reading everyone elses post about using their wireless connection from the computer, idk if it would still apply to me on how to set it up on the ds? i also have one of the old ds or original one.. i know junk but anyway can someone tell me how to set it up so i can start trading wirelessly with other people or use the gts? thanks.. sorry i dont know how to set it up when i try to like to edit the ip address or the code things..

Years
    hi i'm new to the wifi stuff but as for my internet, i'm using a usb kind, you know where its portable, can install in any computer and like you pay a monthly set amount for the internet. since its usb and all that, and when i was reading everyone elses post about using their wireless connection from the computer, idk if it would still apply to me on how to set it up on the ds? i also have one of the old ds or original one.. i know junk but anyway can someone tell me how to set it up so i can start trading wirelessly with other people or use the gts? thanks.. sorry i dont know how to set it up when i try to like to edit the ip address or the code things..

So you're saying you pay a cell phone company for something like "mobile broadband"? If that's the case, I'm afraid you're stuck offline with your DS unless you go to a place that has a WiFi hotspot like McDonald's. Those cards use the cell phone networks and only work for the computer they are plugged into. They do not work as wireless "hotspots" that other devices besides the computer it's plugged into can connect to.

Years
    how secure is wep, i have a router set up with on WPA2 and a guest set at WEP fo my ds. how secure is it and is it stupid to do it

Compared to WPA, it isn't very secure at all. I know people who can crack WEP in two minutes, but need substantially more time to crack a WPA network. However, you can counter this lack of security by, after setting up your devices on it, turning off the broadcasting of your SSID and by using a MAC Address whitelist filter to control what devices have access to your network, but I wouldn't recommend trying this unless you know what you're doing when you're configuring your router.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Hi, Ive been trying to get my DS to connect to my wi-fi for months now, but it just wont. All my other consoles connect fine except the DS. I think it might be the WEP Key but idk where to find it. Apparently I need to type in the IP Address in the Web Search bar in a browser, but the page cannot be found. My ID is 192.168.1.8 . I don't know what is wrong :/ And my Nintendo USB connector wont work as well x;

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    So I installed my router with no problem whatsoever a while ago. After a few days it stopped emitting the signal so I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it. Now it won't install at all .-. It freezes and the progress bar won't move for hours. When I take out the router from the usb, the bar starts moving again but than it says application error :x It worked fine! ><

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    Right I have an annoying problem.

I've had a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Adapter for almost a year now (I bet you're thinking "Here we go..." XD)

And up to now it was working fine. When I heard about the shiny legendary beasts on Wi-Fi I thought I'd go and collect them. Here is where it decides to play up. So I decide to uninstall and reinstall, and it installs the drivers etc and then it either says I'm not connected to the internet, when I clearly am, or that the adapter is not connected when it's plugged in and flashing it's green light at me.

Then when I try the internet sharing method, I get told that it 'Cannot Complete the Setup Wizard' saying that it cannot find my network hardware. Well if that's the case, how am I still connected to the internet?

I'm tempted to do a system restore but I don't know when this problem originated.

Any ideas?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back