• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi Help

Chaolin

Shiny Unown Master
    Years
    My DS was picking up Wi-Fi yesterday with ease and now today... It says there is no router in the vicinity but I'm in the same spot I've used for two weeks. The only thing that has happened to my DS since I have last connected was when my mom dropped it about 3 feet onto our door mat while going into the house. :(

So the question is: "Is my DS broken and do I need to repair it?" or "Can the WI-Fi be acting up?"

sth hijack

Im the best
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2007
    ummi dont know whats up but your ds is fine b/c my new ds lite is doing the exact same thing

Chaolin

Shiny Unown Master
    Years
    ummi dont know whats up but your ds is fine b/c my new ds lite is doing the exact same thing

Thank goodness. The Nintendo Wi-Fi must be down or something.

I wansn't sure that dropping my DS caused the problem because my DS has survived much higher falls. :embarrass :nervous:

sth hijack

Im the best
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2007
    I wansn't sure that dropping my DS caused the problem because my DS has survived much higher falls. :embarrass :nervous:

lol. yeah but if i get mine fixed i will tell you how i did it

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    That drop might've done something to your DS, regardless of whether or not you've had higher falls in the past. Still, it's pretty rare.

Have you tried deleting the settings and setting it all up again? That might help. Btw I'll move this to Tech discussion since it suits it better over there, i guess. =P

Moved~

Last edited:

Chaolin

Shiny Unown Master
    Years
    That drop might've done something to your DS, regardless of whether or not you've had higher falls in the past. Still, it's pretty rare.

Have you tried deleting the settings and setting it all up again? That might help.

Oh man... I can't afford a new DS right now, but if the drop damaged the DS's Wi-Fi connector, then it wouldn't be able to read the available connections in the area, right?

EDIT: I did reset the Wi-Fi settings on my DS and it didn't help. :(

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    My brother dropped my Game Boy Color and its speakers don't work.
    O_O; Sorry, that doesn't help... I doubt the DS is that pathetic... As I've seen my friends drop their cell phones will driving and it's still fine... It's the original DS, the big and bulky one? If you dropped it on concrete or tile, that might be more bad than dropping in grass or carpet. Since you tried reseting it and it still doesn't work, I say give it a day or two or see if it's just Wifi cracking up. If you still can't get it to work, then you need to buy a new DS. I got a nice one from a garage sale for $20 last weekend so you can find one cheaply. 8D *stabbed to death*

Chaolin

Shiny Unown Master
    Years
    My brother dropped my Game Boy Color and its speakers don't work.
    O_O; Sorry, that doesn't help... I doubt the DS is that pathetic... As I've seen my friends drop their cell phones will driving and it's still fine... It's the original DS, the big and bulky one? If you dropped it on concrete or tile, that might be more bad than dropping in grass or carpet. Since you tried reseting it and it still doesn't work, I say give it a day or two or see if it's just Wifi cracking up. If you still can't get it to work, then you need to buy a new DS. I got a nice one from a garage sale for $20 last weekend so you can find one cheaply. 8D *stabbed to death*

It's the bulky one and I dropped it on hard carpet/metal (a doormat in the front entrance) I hope I can find one that's pretty cheap if I need to buy one... I might go get a used one or something.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    Just to clarify: The access point you are trying to use, is it yours? :P If it was someone else's they probably changed some of the settings.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    Just to clarify: The access point you are trying to use, is it yours? :P If it was someone else's they probably changed some of the settings.

Back