• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wicked Tunes

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
  • I've posted some of these in the past, but now that there's a designated thread (and also since it's been at least a year since I've shared), I'll go ahead and post some my music that I have on my YouTube channel. I only have three songs on there, so I'll go ahead and share all of them here in one post.

"Hold Out Your Hand"

This is my very first recorded song, which I did by layering two phone recordings, so the quality is pretty horrible, but the message is simple: Help those in need if you get the opportunity.

"Be the Light"

This one is a very personal song about being a beacon of hope to those around you. I drew a lot of the inspiration from biblical influence and my faith in God, but I'd like to think that anyone could relate to it in some way as far as being a positive influence on others.

"Scar"

This one is flat out about Harry Potter. I tried to shroud it in some mystery and make people guess before, but apparently it's not as easy to see to people who haven't seen/read all the movies/books at least a few times.

The only disclaimer I'll give is that I don't necessarily have the guitar or voice talent of those, but my emphasis is on songwriting, structure, and lyrics. That being said, let me know what you think, good or bad, and be 100% honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • It's good that you focus on lyrics, I can actually comment somewhat competently about those. As a general rule I think you're quite a good righter, you get your meaning across plainly but poetically and everything you say fits together nicely.

As far as I can tell your guitar work is good too. To my untrained ear it does sound like you're struggling a little bit vocally in parts but overall I'm impressed.

Wicked3DS

Years

• Thanks for the feedback guys! So you guys definitely nailed what I think of my own music. I know my guitar work is spotty because I'm not technically sound as a guitar player, and my voice was kinda forced because I was singing from my throat more than my lungs/diaphragm. That being said, this was also recorded with very limited resources and I was in my room sitting scrunched up in a computer chair, so singing properly was not working out for me either. Looking back I could probably redo these a little better with some practice and a few tries. These were just demos I played to get something out there.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Yes, you gotta take your air from your diaphragm :) Oh I see so these are old. You should definitely remake them man!

I would like to remake them, but I'm focusing first on getting better at my craft, plus I've been working with a friend on recording some of my hard rock songs, so for now remakes are on the backburner.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2016
    Listened to the first song (Hold Out Your Hand) and wow you really have a gift for writing lyrics. The message is simple enough but it's powerful and resonates, it honestly might be stuck in my head for quite a bit which is a great sign. For what you had to work with the audio quality get's the job done, yeah it honestly could be better on that front but it didn't ruin my enjoyment of your work. Keep on working at it because there's definitely something there.

Back