• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen WiFi Battle Tower

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Anyone use it? Is it challenging? I hear a lot of people used hacked pokemon in there. I'm thinking about challenging the tower, but I wanted to know if I'm better off just doing the NPC challenge instead to test my skills.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I don't know, the pokemon I just went up against were pretty fierce. and I did use a fully EVed IVed team. I got hit by a couple gengars, tyranitars, dragonite, they were pretty good.

The only easy time I had was in room 5. Only in room 5 did I get past the first fight. Only in room five was my first opponent using the final forms of all three sinnoh starters. only in room five did my pokemon sweep clean through the opponents without getting hit once.

I can see what you mean by them not having fully trained pokemon, but only in room 5. rooms 1-4 were significantly harder.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    that's true, but it usually went for their most effective moves. And their Fire Blasts never missed, BTW. Which was really annoying.

And CPU or not, you don't make a team of the three starters.

Years
    But you should have a maxed out EVed team, cuz some people are super easy, but some are super hard... I had an alright team and only made it three battles, with decent opponents. That's why I need to quit shiny hunting and hammer down on the EVing and sweeping!

MediocreKen

Started with blue version
    Years
    the wifi battle tower is a great way to see if your team of three holds up well. no people cant use hack pokemon (trust me i know, not that im a hacker but i do have some hack pokemon) and its really fun. the fun thing is trying to beat 7 people in a row in the wifi (if thats what your were infering with this question) the npcs are kind of stupid if you ask me. but the only thing i dont get is, when i went to the battle tower for the first time (when your friend whatever you named him, hes wally to me) you meet his bro (he bump into you like his brother, kind of a dead give away). so im guessing after enough battle with npc you get to fight him.

but anyway the wifi battles are sweet. i get beat around round 6 because of something stupid. oh you cant use legends but you can use demi-legends (like regirock, misperit etc) but they suck sooooo just make a good team and have fun.

ѕℓσωвяσ

PK Rockin' ★☆
    Years
    I used pokemon that I knew could counter-attack the most commenly used pokemon, like Dragonite, Tyranitar, Gengar, the likes. Its not difficult if you have a good stratergy, and most rooms are a breeze. ^^

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I find it easy to test new strategies and things in the wi fi battle tower because of the Pokemon that are being used. It also gives you a good insight of competitive battling. Beside room 5.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2010
    I get sometimes beaten really bad, but often they got CH or like Freeze me XD but i should win anyway. i Play with EV and have good IV on my pokes. sometimes they are really storng in the tower......

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    well I have yet to upload my results yet, don't have wifi at the house and haven't visited a hotspot since then. Still, it was interesting. my team really is incoherent. (Though if a moderator would kindly review my team thread already, I could get some advice, hint hint nudge nudge push.) all my pokemon are EV trained and IV bred though, and if I hadn't done that I probably wouldn't have even gotten through room 5. (I'm totally going to make a meme outta that, just you watch.)

Back