• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wii Browser

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Umm... To add a little more substance to this topic...

Who here has downloaded it?

I wasn't expecting it (or other channels for that matter) to take up memory blocks. I may put all of my channels on an SD card if I run out of room.

The browser is a lot faster than I thought it would be. I was little upset at first when I realized that it wouldn't fill up the entire screen, but it's still readable and I don't mind zooming in. But still, this is a BETA, maybe it'll me full screen for the final version.

Playing flash games is pretty fun. I've been playing Duck Hunt a lot. Lol

I recommend Wii Tabs. If you miss tabbed browsing then this is for you.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    It's definitely an interesting idea, especially with the remote, but how do you type? Is there a keyboard you have to point the remote at or something?

(Yes, as you can tell I don't have it...YET.)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    It's definitely an interesting idea, especially with the remote, but how do you type? Is there a keyboard you have to point the remote at or something?

(Yes, as you can tell I don't have it...YET.)

Yeah, that's how it works. The keyboard pops up whenever you click in a text area or what not.

I was surprised at how fast it was too, and considering it is still a work-in-progress, I'm impressed with it. I mean, it's not gonna make me stop using my comp for internet access, but it's nice to have the option of going online on a larger screen. Especially for watching clips on YouTube and so on.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    The only reasons I don't use it more often are because of the resolution and the lack of tabbed browsing, although that Wii Tabs thing looks pretty neat. o_o;

I hope Nintendo comes out with a keyboard (or even better, allows USB keyboard support), because typing with the Wiimote is still fairly slow.

I wonder though...if you're using an HDTV, since it runs at a higher resolution, would the browser display in that resolution and not require zooming in to see anything?

Years
    I wonder though...if you're using an HDTV, since it runs at a higher resolution, would the browser display in that resolution and not require zooming in to see anything?

I used an HDTV for it the first time and you need to zoom in still.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Yeah, that's how it works. The keyboard pops up whenever you click in a text area or what not.

I was surprised at how fast it was too, and considering it is still a work-in-progress, I'm impressed with it. I mean, it's not gonna make me stop using my comp for internet access, but it's nice to have the option of going online on a larger screen. Especially for watching clips on YouTube and so on.

...Actually, heh, I just got my hands on one, only a few hours after asking that...and it's AWESOME. I'm using it right now...but it's true that the resolution is a bit low, and using the remote gets annoying, especially since it keeps rumbling, but hey, still fun :)

Back