• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wii or PS3?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I would say get a Wii, it has lots of great games like Zelda: Twilight Princess, No More Hero's, Okami, Metrioid Prime 3, Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy, Punch-out, Wario Land, Pikmin 1 & 2, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Zack & Wiki, to name a few, i have a PS3 and apart from MGS4 i have found nothing enjoyable on the console, and am considering selling it.
    Indeed. All that and more. Don't forget Art Style: ORBIENT, Boom Blox, Boom Blox: Bash Party, The Conduit, de Blob, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat - New Play Control!, Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, LostWinds, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Wii Fit, and World of Goo

Plus games to look forward to: A Boy and His Blob, Cave Story, Chibi-Robo! - New Play Control!, "The Legend of Zelda", Melee! Pokémon Scramble, Metroid: Other M, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Tales of Monkey Island.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Get the PS3. It is much better than the wii in lots of ways, and it has much better games to choose from than the wii. It also has a better online community than the wii's Wi-Fi network.

TeirusuFX

-ω-
    Years
    I only own a Wii, but from my perspective, PS3 is pretty much better.

Lots of good games for both, but Wii doesn't have Street Fighter 4, what a shame. Plus, PS3 has better graphics IMO.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    So many console war threads, so little time.
    I'd go with the PS3, because now is a great time to buy one. This year's AAA lineup is better than ever, and you have to thank Sony for ending the dryspell. I know this sounds very redundant, but there is not only a great list of PS3 exclusives right now, but also an excellent list of NON-WII exclusives out there. I guess that because you already have a 360, you may already have most PS360 exclusives, but there are still some great PS3 exclusives totally worth buying. To be fair, the Wii may make a bit more sense because you have a 360, and the PS3 library is much closer to the 360's than the Wii's library is, but in the long haul, the PS3 is a MUCH better system IMO. Not to mention the fact that the Wii's online is the worst out of the three systems.
    I only own a Wii, but from my perspective, PS3 is pretty much better.

Lots of good games for both, but Wii doesn't have Street Fighter 4, what a shame. Plus, PS3 has better graphics IMO.
    In your opinion? More liek in any person with common sense's opinion, amirite?
    (IANPWCSO? XD)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2009
    The PS3 is better graphically, has more options and tools and doubles up as a Blu-Ray player.

The Wii has a movement sensor. That's about it.

Anyways, I choose the PS3.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Well, having played both, i'd say that it completely depends.

Get the Wii if you want something fairly cheap and you're willing to go a little while in between good games (because yes, it DOES have them). The motion control, if I'm honest, is a bit of a gimmick, but it is fun and the Wii is great fun to play for a short amount of time.

However, the PS3 has a much larger selection of games, the online is better and, obviously, it is more technically proficient.

To sum up - if you're a casual to medium gamer, get the wii. If you want some hardcore gaming, get PS3.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2009
    A movement sensor that was a good enough idea that both of the Wii's rivals stole it.

hmm.
    It's still average for me. I mean, PS3 didn't actually steal the sensor because it was part of their original plans. I'm not sure about XBOX though.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    It's still average for me. I mean, PS3 didn't actually steal the sensor because it was part of their original plans.

I think you'll find that the Sony only announced it after the Nintendo did.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Eyetoy is a camera based toy.

Not a controller that senses your hand movements to control the game.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Indeed. All that and more. Don't forget Art Style: ORBIENT, Boom Blox, Boom Blox: Bash Party, The Conduit, de Blob, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat - New Play Control!, Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, LostWinds, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Wii Fit, and World of Goo

Plus games to look forward to: A Boy and His Blob, Cave Story, Chibi-Robo! - New Play Control!, "The Legend of Zelda", Melee! Pokémon Scramble, Metroid: Other M, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Tales of Monkey Island.

Guys he said he wants story rich games. How are games like boom blox and Tiger Woods 10 story rich?

Also there's atleast 1 counterpart to most of those on PS3, often cheaper as well.

I think you'll find that the Sony only announced it after the Nintendo did.

Actually iirc Microsoft discussed plans of a motion controller way back in 2003, Sony also claimed the PS3 was going to be mostly motion in like 04 until they reverted to tilt.

I remember being 15 when I heard Wii was going motion, so that would of being mid 2005.

And yes, Eye toy did register motion to control the games it worked for.

Last edited:

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I knew I'd be corrected by Fox.

There are a few story rich games for Wii that will be coming out in 2010 or even later this year.

e.g. Monado, Extraction, FF:CC:CB

more aswell.

But the PS3 is a grand console..miles better than Xbox IMO.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I knew I'd be corrected by Fox.

There are a few story rich games for Wii that will be coming out in 2010 or even later this year.

e.g. Monado, Extraction, FF:CC:CB

more aswell.

But the PS3 is a grand console..miles better than Xbox IMO.

There's also deadly creatures which is stupidly under rated, considering it's one of the best games Wii has to offer.

But like others said, it depends on his personal need, what might be the best one to me or you might be the worst one to the original poster.

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
    It's not so good to look at story rich or minimal story line games!

EACH CONSOLE HAS THOSE KIND OF GAMES!

Personally, my favourite console is Sega mega drive! Because it does have a variety of games for it etc, but it also has easy controls and stuff.

I have a nintendo wii:
    I have the zombie game Obscure for it. It's a story rich game in my opinion with a great amount of play. I find it a great game etc.

My Dad Has a PS3:
    I like the game Dead space on that. But I think the wii would have been better for that game. I like the idea of playing a game that includes shooting and all that to be with a control, because it just seems a lot more fun in my own opinion.

I also like games like: Bleach Shattered Blade and Super Smash Bros Brawl. They are more of fighting games. In Bleach, it's great because the wii control is the blade! It's an AWESOME game and I love it and I'm glad it's for the wii because I like this whole hands on thing. Same with Brawl.

However the wii takes a lot out of you ): where as the PS3 you can play for ages. But at the same time you have controllers for the Wii now so you can buy them or whatever and not get so worn out or whatever.

When it comes to graphics PS3 is better...

Either way I would go with the Wii (but that might be biased because I love nintendo.)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    However the wii takes a lot out of you ): where as the PS3 you can play for ages. But at the same time you have controllers for the Wii now so you can buy them or whatever and not get so worn out or whatever.
    I hear this a lot. Complaints about having to stand or there being too much waggle.

Just, curious... how does everyone else play?

I just sit on the couch and play like it was a regular controller. Move my wrist a little bit (literally just dropping or resting my hand if I'm holding the remote upright) when needed for the "waggle" actions.

O_o

I love the Wii controls not so much for the motion (because prior to Motion Plus it was just "waggle", although the controller as a pointer is perfect) but because the control stick is separate. It's so comfortable being able to stretch my arms out and have the freedom to place the control stick wherever is comfortable to hold.

Back