• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wii or PS3?

Years
    Another reason I would go for the PS3, is for the media side of it.

Lets face it. Nintendo aren't the most "online people" ever.
    The PS3 is just really good, IMO!

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
    I hear this a lot. Complaints about having to stand or there being too much waggle.

Just, curious... how does everyone else play?

I play lying in bed to be honest, but when I play with my friends we all get really into it standing up and having fun using over the top motions XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2009
    I have both, and their both great, but I prefer the PS3. I do play the Wii sometimes though, but only for Nintendo games. Other than that the games suck.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I have both systems, but the thing is I barely get to play the PS3 because my brothers are always hogging it/or 360 (its been like this for years), since they hate Nintendo, I've always played it and now love it, so I'll have to go with the Wii

:t354:TG

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    Xbox 360.

But if you're chosing between the two I'd say PS3. The wii doesn't seem like it has that many good games out yet. I would wait until they get better games to get it.

Only good games:
    -Super Smash Bros Brawl
    -Mario Kart
    -Mario Galaxy (Not quite sure of the actual name?)
    -Animal Crossing (Which is basically a rip-off of the DS version)

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Only good games:
    -Super Smash Bros Brawl
    -Mario Kart
    -Mario Galaxy (Not quite sure of the actual name?)
    -Animal Crossing (Which is basically a rip-off of the DS version)

Oh god.

Are you that narrow-minded that you think that the Wii's huge library of games can only carve out 4 games that aren't complete shovelware?, I can name around 20 other good Wii games off the top of my head.

In fact, I will..Just to prove my point.

Zelda: TP, Okami, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Punch-Out!, HotD: Overkill, Little King's Story, Madworld, No More Heroes, Fire Emblem: RD, De Blob, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Boom Blox, Zack & Wiki, The Conduit, Klonoa, Final Fantasy: CC: EoT, Another Code: R, Rock Band 2, Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon.

There, 20. And I could've named more.

And with a rich library of downloadable games from loads of great consoles and from WiiWare..You can not say that the Wii only has 4 games worth playing.

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    wii has better all age games and few very good hardcore games
    thats the only flaw i see with the wii is lack of hardcore games and good graphics
    well some games have great graphics. im just waiting for a resident evil moment to occure to boost the wii graphics too a new level that'll make me sh#$ golden bricks!

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    wii has better all age games and few very good hardcore games

E3 solved this problem.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Gladiator A.D, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, Sin & Punishment 2, Red Steel 2, Dead Space: Extraction, The Grinder, No More Heroes 2, Metroid: The Other M [Yes it's hardcore, definately], Monado.

Just some of the new "hardcore" games that are coming too Wii...

Also, The Wii already has Madworld, Resident Evil 4, Umbrella, Archives, Conduit, and quite a few other "hardcore" games on offer by the way.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    Oh god.

Are you that narrow-minded that you think that the Wii's huge library of games can only carve out 4 games that aren't complete shovelware?, I can name around 20 other good Wii games off the top of my head.

In fact, I will..Just to prove my point.

Zelda: TP, Okami, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Punch-Out!, HotD: Overkill, Little King's Story, Madworld, No More Heroes, Fire Emblem: RD, De Blob, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Boom Blox, Zack & Wiki, The Conduit, Klonoa, Final Fantasy: CC: EoT, Another Code: R, Rock Band 2, Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon.

There, 20. And I could've named more.

And with a rich library of downloadable games from loads of great consoles and from WiiWare..You can not say that the Wii only has 4 games worth playing.
    I honestly can. I personally don't like half of those, and some of the ones that I do like are on other consoles. I personally don't see the wii as being beneficial.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    So you're saying that you have played every single one of those game?

You're saying you honestly didn't enjoy Zelda, Metroid, or Resident Evil?

If that's true then you don't know too much about good games.

Also only 2 of those are on other consoles.

Years
    Well I am more a Nintendo Fan But I would have o say Ps3 on this one because I really did not like the Wii. But for me the Ps3 has more stuff to do and I think the games are much better for the Ps3 But that is my Opinion!

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    PS3 for good games for the rich
    Wii for good games for the not so rich.

$70 a game? Really SONY, what were you thinking.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    PS3 for good games for the rich
    Wii for good games for the not so rich.

$70 a game? Really SONY, what were you thinking.

Well when a game is a good one you can understand the pricetag.

However in England it is vice versa, PS3 games are like £20 and Wii games are around £40, WiiFit is £70.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    You're saying you honestly didn't enjoy Zelda, Metroid, or Resident Evil?

If that's true then you don't know too much about good games.
    Or, you know, s/he just didn't like the games. That has no bearing on acknowledging if they're good or not. I hate that if you don't like something that a majority does, it "obviously" means you know nothing about gaming.

:( If someone doesn't like what's on the Wii, obviously they're gonna say the Wii has nothing to offer them. Wii and PS3 are so different that this argument comes down to personal taste and nothing more.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    However right you are Lightning, I just feel the need to defend the Wii and it's library of games as much as I can, as I really don't think it deserves the bashings it takes.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Yeah but when the post you're responding to specifically says "I personally don't like..." then it usually means they acknowledge that the Wii does have some good titles but they don't do much for them so it's not a great console in their eyes.

:( I feel the same way, really. Though I still have to pick up de Blob and Zack & Wiki off my bedroom floor and play them. PS2's taking up all my time though. @_@

I don't think I've properly responded to this thread yet but I... don't play either my PS3 or my Wii much. Gonna go with PS3 though since there's yet to be a Wii game that's kept me interested longer than a week.

Back