• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wii or Revolution?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Sweeties, Wii > Revolution. XD

Besides the puns and dirty jokes, I perfer the name Wii than Revolution because it's orignal, and doesn't sound so generic. Revolution may sound cool for awhile, then it'll sound lame later. Besides sweeties, revolution clearly describes the Wii. ~.^

When I heard of Wii the first time, the following things came to mind. "Weeeeee!", "WE RULE!", and for some reason "cute." XD Wii sounds cute to me for some reason. Which is a good thing.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    When i first heard the name Wii,i couldin't think to myself about it cause my sister and my friend kept talking about the name and how lame it is.But i'm here to say Wii sounds really original.
    Revolution,that name was good,but then,you don't see any originality or creativity in the name.So Wii is the best name,if i say so myself.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    I SAY THE REVOLUTION!!!!....cuz I like to shorten it to the Rev. .....I like that name..."THE REV."......:cool:

plus if I get it,and other people don't know what it is,they'll think I'm stupid!!!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Ichapokemr said:
    YES, and there's another one!
    Nah, I still like Wii better. It's grown on me. And at least it's original, unlike the other consoles in the race. I mean, the others just added numbers to theirs. Nintendo actually changed the name and went for something completely different. I like that.

j.a

awesomenesses!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    im not sure you all no thi but wii its called that beacuse its supposed to sound like we but we sounds nothing like wii.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I think that Revolution was a much better name than Wii. I think Wii is an ugly name. I wished the controller was more normal too.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Well, I like the name. Despite that people and games magazines make jokes about the name or say things like "Wii will rock you".
    I also like it when people say it in a silly way like: "Wiiiiiii...." <squeaky voice>

And it's a more original name compared to Playstation, GameCube, etc.

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
    You kno i don't really care what they call it once it has good games. I did like the older name too but so what, it doesn't matter what it's called. Can't wait to get the.... Wiiiiiiiii!!!!

Persona

Banned
    Years
    I always thought of them name "Wii" humerous since I've first heard about it. In that case, "Nintendo Revolution" would sound more appropriate for game systems other than "Wii", in my view.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    I am like most people here, I thought it was humorous at the start, but it grew on me, I used to think it was pronounced "Why" because of the two i's and then I say it was pronounced "We", anyways, I think it's a really good name and Revolution did seem abit bland and rather unimaginative.

Back