• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PBS Question] Wild Encounters as Multiple From

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
    Years
    This may have been answered in the past but I set up a form for a pokemon how would i go about making it show up in the wild like how they did sun and moon or sword and shield? Note: Im not looking for something over complicated with this its a regional variant.

Years
    • Seen today
    You'll need to create a getFormOnCreation for your pokemon for them to appear in alternate forms in the wild. Unown, Burmy and Shellos all use this property in script section Pokemon_Forms for you to take a look at, though they have different approaches. Unown is purely, pick a random form, Burmy bases its form on the environment of the battle you encounter it in, while Shellos depends on the map id to pick East versus West form.

Copying that, and optionally putting your own spin on it is the way to go!

Diegou18

Forever Chandelure lover.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2021
    Basing me on the request, can be possible to create a double wild encounter with 2 Pokémon with 2 forms? I have a double wild battle with 2 Basculins, and I would like battling with both forms (red and blue stripped), because they appear randomly. I just want to have both forms in that battle and then all would be normal again. Is it possible in some way?

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
    Years
    You'll need to create a getFormOnCreation for your pokemon for them to appear in alternate forms in the wild. Unown, Burmy and Shellos all use this property in script section Pokemon_Forms for you to take a look at, though they have different approaches. Unown is purely, pick a random form, Burmy bases its form on the environment of the battle you encounter it in, while Shellos depends on the map id to pick East versus West form.

Copying that, and optionally putting your own spin on it is the way to go!

That totally worked I use the one for Shellos all I did was change the name an once i add it to my game game i will change the map numbers. This makes adding forms in the wild easy.

Back