• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wild Pokemon fights! Who wins?

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
  • Toujours,

Blah blah
    About the HP, it does play a role. The higher the HP the more hits you can take. Defense is the most important of course but HP still matters. The resulting damage depends on both. Chansey has much lower Sp.Def than Milotic. One would think that Milotic is a better special wall. Wrong. Chansey is much better because it has a much higher HP. HP is important but not alone. I never said anything about HP being the only factor determining the damage dealt. I only said that Blissey is cool because it has a ton of HP which is indeed useful in her survival. If she had less HP than what she has now, she would be much frailer. That's how I meant it. It's not my fault if you misunderstood it.

Oh UV, cut the straw men. You misrepresent my statements. I didn't imply that you are an idiot. You are making all this up so as to have something to use against me. It's all in your head. Never implied anything. You are either doing it on purpose or you are really touchy. I just said that my scenario is more likely for the reasons I explained earlier. It doesn't rely on luck. If Pokemon want to breed they will breed. However, no matter how much Pokemon want to learn a TM or get an item they can't unless one has been dropped by a trainer. Breeding is up to Pokemon - if a Blissey wants to learn Counter it may try to breed with Breloom - while finding an item is up to the trainers not the Pokemon thus breeding is much more accessible.
    As I said, I am not moderating anyone. Just stating my opinion and frustration against his useless posts.

Last, the thread is about wild pokemon battles. It's just revolving mainly around Blissey. Basically as long as there are two wild Pokemon battling, it is called a wild Pokemon battle.

Okay, you're starting to irritate me now. I'm not even going to waste time writing a reply to the first paragraph because you're just going to say the same thing.

if a Blissey wants to learn Counter it may try to breed with Breloom

Yeaaahno. That's not how breeding works, neither in reality and in Pokemon games.
    Animals do not crossbreed by themselves, it's not something that's natural. Secondly, Blissey isn't going to learn Counter just by making love with a dinosaur plant. Its offspring will, but there's no guarantee that the offspring will even become a Blissey, and there's no guarantee that Breloom would even have Counter to pass down to.

Yes, revolving about Blissey, because you made it revolve around it, even though it's in Pokemon General.

Jeezus, just someone close this thread.
    It's turned into a stupid argument.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    i don't know who is right or wrong because i haven't played pokemon in like how many months now so yeah.
    XD
    but i agree with what most people here said about that stuff here in this post or should i say thread.
    :s

i think every pokemon would beat blissey exept vaporeon because it is based stats not the attacks or anything like that.

[i looked online lol]

Last edited:

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • UV, I am not bending the rules. To be honest, I have no idea what rules you are talking about. What anime or game rules? I don't think I have ever said something about game or anime rules. I am talking about a fight between two Pokemon. Honestly, what's so hard to understand? It's a Blissey versus another Pokemon. They fight and someone dies. Who dies, who wins? THAT SIMPLE.

Oh and by the way, we may not get a Chansey with Counter in the wild but you can't just remove the possibilities. Even if it has a ratio of 0.0001% it IS still possible for a Chansey to breed with a Breloom. You are the one ruling out facts here.

Even without Counter though, Blissey is still very able to survive. As much as I like Blissey I'm not biased at all.
    I understand that if any of them have a fighting move in their arsenal then Blissey won't have a happy time.
    I get that Blissey would most likely lose to Kangaskhan after a long fight just because Kangaskhan is much larger and bulkier than the others.
    Hippowdon will give her a rough time too and she will lose but the fight is going to be really long and tough because they are both bulky.

But I know, that Blissey can still put a huge fight with any of them because she can take a hit and also heal. Here is a small example :

Tauros uses Tackle.
    Blissey uses Double Slap.
    Tauros Take Down.
    Blissey Pound.
    Tauros Horn Attack.
    Blissey Egg Bomb.
    Tauros Horn attack.
    Blissey Softboiled.
    The above keeps going and going for a long time. Tauros will get exhausted at the end and either leave her alone or she will just keep attacking till he faints.

Oh may I remind you that Blissey has Charm in her arsenal too? Yeah, a humble Blissey with Charm - Softboiled - Egg Bomb - Pound will give any of them a very hard time. None of these guys will enjoy having their attack halved. And yes, Charm can be learned very naturally. Also, Defense Curl can be learned naturally too.

Sing, Softboiled, Defense Curl and Charm are some very good moves that a Blissey can use to win.

Seriously, Tauros could easily rid of Blissey. STAB Normal type attacks and Tauros could be Lv. 100 for all you know. Cross-breeding is possible but doesn't happen under normal circumstances, such as the Liger, a crossbreed between the Tiger and the Lion. (Yes it does exist). Even if those moves mention were used, it isn't minimal damage until it's -6. And you're going to need to take into account there are critical hits even in the anime. One critical hit from a STAB Thrash, pumping from a high base 100 Attack stat could easily do 60 - 80% on Blissey, because it isn't EV Trained. Even at -2 Tauros is easily the winner. And you're not taking into account Wild Pokemon are the complete opposite of strategic. Do you know how many times Poochyena have Oder Sleuth on me because they can? - A LOT.

Well Toujours, then I am talking about the anime because size is a huge factor. I mean, if Blissey had the same stats but was smaller she would be easier to beat because size does matter in a fight. Blissey has a very good chance to win most of them because she is larger than most of them, bulky and can heal itself over and over again. Charm as I said would help survival.

By the way, breeding is much more possible than a Pokemon finding a TM or an item dropped somewhere. This is something depending purely on luck. Breeding is possible whatsoever and not depending on luck. Two Pokemon make the decision and breed. Finding a dropped item isn't only luck reliant but kinda unrealistic too. It's like asking who wins the fight, a bear or a human, and you choose human because there may be a dropped grenade or machine gun somewhere near. Items are artificial thus they can't be taken granted in wild fights. And to be honest, TMs are too unrealistic not only because it's very improbable to find one dropped somewhere but because Pokemon wouldn't even know how to use it and learn the move.

Oh and Pleb, you really need to stop posting useless replies. Your first reply was clearly trolling as Vaporeon is special oriented thus could never win a Blissey. Your latter post was just as mindless.

I find TM's all the times in the games, and what's not to say the anime characters couldn't find them? In fact, i found a TM on the route Chansey are available in the route to the town before Celestic Town in Sinnoh (Forgot it's name xD). And do ever hate it when people are wrong in some sense and they don't accept it? Oh and by the way regarding pleb. That wasn't very nice... Just be mature.

And with that i finish my post.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Seriously, Tauros could easily rid of Blissey. STAB Normal type attacks and Tauros could be Lv. 100 for all you know. Cross-breeding is possible but doesn't happen under normal circumstances, such as the Liger, a crossbreed between the Tiger and the Lion. (Yes it does exist). Even if those moves mention were used, it isn't minimal damage until it's -6. And you're going to need to take into account there are critical hits even in the anime. One critical hit from a STAB Thrash, pumping from a high base 100 Attack stat could easily do 60 - 80% on Blissey, because it isn't EV Trained. Even at -2 Tauros is easily the winner. And you're not taking into account Wild Pokemon are the complete opposite of strategic. Do you know how many times Poochyena have Oder Sleuth on me because they can? - A LOT.

I said that I'd rather dismiss both as both are highly unlikely. Only thing I said was that breeding is more possible. I know it's not natural but it still is dependent only on the Pokemon instead of other factors that Pokemon can't control. Also, for all you know, Blissey may be lvl 100 too. Let's suppose they are of the same level so as to be fair. Critical hits are also based on luck. It's an 'if it happens' kind of thing. If the Pokemon gets lucky and strikes a vital organ(critical hit) then it's more likely to win. Luck reliant once again.
    And no, Charm can work wonders. A Tauros with -2 does half the damage. Just imagine that. He can't escape the effect of the move.
    Blissey survives the first attack easily and uses Charm, the second hit is much weaker so she takes it and uses Softboiled. Now being at almost full health she can use Charm again and again. What will Tauros do? Keep attacking till it is exhausted. Even a critical hit won't help. Critical hits in the game aren't affected by stat altering moves. But that's purely for gaming issues. It would be impossible to break through a Clefable with +6 Cosmic Power if it wasn't for the crits. But in real life just think about it. Blissey uses Charm so Tauros attacks less powerfully. Even if he lands a critical hit, it will do less damage because he isn't attacking with all his power.
    You also ignore that wild Pokemon, while not battling strategically, will do whatever it takes to survive. Why would a Poochyena use Odor Sleuth while battling when Odor Sleuth is useless at the moment? I mean, okay, Odor Sleuth would be useful because it could smell an opponent sneaking at it but why use it in the heat of the battle while she is facing the opponent? So, a Blissey would know what moves to use. It's not dumb. It would attack Tauros with Egg Bomb, it would heal when it felt weak and it would use Charm to calm the opponent. And honestly, as soon as Blissey Charms the opponent just once then Blissey has the upper hand.

I find TM's all the times in the games, and what's not to say the anime characters couldn't find them? In fact, i found a TM on the route Chansey are available in the route to the town before Celestic Town in Sinnoh (Forgot it's name xD). And do ever hate it when people are wrong in some sense and they don't accept it? Oh and by the way regarding pleb. That wasn't very nice... Just be mature.

And with that i finish my post.

Yeah you find TMs in the game so as to make the game more interesting. You CAN'T find TMs always. Pokemon wouldn't find TMs while wandering around. If you say so then it's like saying that trainers always drop items and TMs. If a trainer actually drops by mistake a TM the Pokemon might find it. If he doesn't then it won't find anything. Very simple as that.
    It's like saying that you always find dropped money on the street. Do you always find money on the street? Not at all. Very rarely if ever. It depends on so many factors that you can't control that it's very improbable.
    We may as well stop the discussion about TMs and breeding if you agree because I have made it clear that we should just dismiss both because both are very rare.

Oh and by the way regarding Pleb, I was mature. I was far more mature than he was. What's so immature about my reply sir? Nope. Nothing. I just told him that his replies are useless and mindless and he should stop trolling in my thread.
    If you aren't going to post something useful then just keep it for yourself. He was obviously trolling so I just told him off.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • I said that I'd rather dismiss both as both are highly unlikely. Only thing I said was that breeding is more possible. I know it's not natural but it still is dependent only on the Pokemon instead of other factors that Pokemon can't control. Also, for all you know, Blissey may be lvl 100 too. Let's suppose they are of the same level so as to be fair. Critical hits are also based on luck. It's an 'if it happens' kind of thing. If the Pokemon gets lucky and strikes a vital organ(critical hit) then it's more likely to win. Luck reliant once again.
    And no, Charm can work wonders. A Tauros with -2 does half the damage. Just imagine that. He can't escape the effect of the move.
    Blissey survives the first attack easily and uses Charm, the second hit is much weaker so she takes it and uses Softboiled. Now being at almost full health she can use Charm again and again. What will Tauros do? Keep attacking till it is exhausted. Even a critical hit won't help. Critical hits in the game aren't affected by stat altering moves. But that's purely for gaming issues. It would be impossible to break through a Clefable with +6 Cosmic Power if it wasn't for the crits. But in real life just think about it. Blissey uses Charm so Tauros attacks less powerfully. Even if he lands a critical hit, it will do less damage because he isn't attacking with all his power.
    You also ignore that wild Pokemon, while not battling strategically, will do whatever it takes to survive. Why would a Poochyena use Odor Sleuth while battling when Odor Sleuth is useless at the moment? I mean, okay, Odor Sleuth would be useful because it could smell an opponent sneaking at it but why use it in the heat of the battle while she is facing the opponent? So, a Blissey would know what moves to use. It's not dumb. It would attack Tauros with Egg Bomb, it would heal when it felt weak and it would use Charm to calm the opponent. And honestly, as soon as Blissey Charms the opponent just once then Blissey has the upper hand.
    Even after 1 charm, Thrash (Base Power = 120) boosted by STAB = x 1.5= 225. That's a pretty strong attack. divide by 2 = 112.5, still powerful. but at max decrease, 225/6 = 37.5. Blissey's best bet is to Charm until -6, from the start. But given The first was critical, that's 225 x 2= 450 power. That's a huge chunk of her health gone. Maybe even 70%. Even though the next Thrash is weakened by Charm, the remaining does from as little as 10% to 30%. Blissey just died. If you look at it from the real-life perspective, Tauros has horns. Blissey has an egg. Sharp horns intended for stabbing versus An egg. That's just logic. And i doubt Blissey would start of charming. Poochyena use it on me, because they are wild, they have no trainer, no strategy. They just use any random move.

Yeah you find TMs in the game so as to make the game more interesting. You CAN'T find TMs always. Pokemon wouldn't find TMs while wandering around. If you say so then it's like saying that trainers always drop items and TMs. If a trainer actually drops by mistake a TM the Pokemon might find it. If he doesn't then it won't find anything. Very simple as that.
    It's like saying that you always find dropped money on the street. Do you always find money on the street? Not at all. Very rarely if ever. It depends on so many factors that you can't control that it's very improbable.
    We may as well stop the discussion about TMs and breeding if you agree because I have made it clear that we should just dismiss both because both are very rare.

Oh and by the way regarding Pleb, I was mature. I was far more mature than he was. What's so immature about my reply sir? Nope. Nothing. I just told him that his replies are useless and mindless and he should stop trolling in my thread.
    If you aren't going to post something useful then just keep it for yourself. He was obviously trolling so I just told him off.
    Ok, I see your point. Fine we can disregard the fact that they are highly unlikely. But i'm just saying you could've dealt with pleb better.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Even after 1 charm, Thrash (Base Power = 120) boosted by STAB = x 1.5= 225. That's a pretty strong attack. divide by 2 = 112.5, still powerful. but at max decrease, 225/6 = 37.5. Blissey's best bet is to Charm until -6, from the start. But given The first was critical, that's 225 x 2= 450 power. That's a huge chunk of her health gone. Maybe even 70%. Even though the next Thrash is weakened by Charm, the remaining does from as little as 10% to 30%. Blissey just died. If you look at it from the real-life perspective, Tauros has horns. Blissey has an egg. Sharp horns intended for stabbing versus An egg. That's just logic. And i doubt Blissey would start of charming. Poochyena use it on me, because they are wild, they have no trainer, no strategy. They just use any random move.
    Why would we take for granted that the first hit was critical hit? It's very illogical to do so. You can't decide when it's going to be a crit or not. If we follow your logic, we may as well suppose that Tauros misses all of his attacks till Blissey easily Charms him to -6 and it's over for him. It's not that way. Critical hits happen once in a blue moon in battles only if the user spams the same attack over and over again. You do know that a critical hit only has a percentage of 6.25% do you?

Also, be more careful with your maths. Thrash has 120 BP plus the STAB it only goes to 180 BP(120*1.5 = 180) not 225. Divide it by two and it's 90. It's really not that strong. I am sure that a Blissey will get the upper hand as soon as she uses one single Charm. She then heals and then Charms him again. The game is over for Tauros to be honest. She only needs 1-2 turns to use Charm. The odds of winning then are all on her side. She doesn't need to get him to -6. Just -2 is enough. And since Blissey can survive the first hit, she can use Charm and then survive the second weaker hit and heal. From that moment on, it's easy.

About the real life perspective, I understand that Tauros seems to have the advantage because he is a bull with sharp horns while Blissey is just a marshmallow/egg thing. But you have to know that in real life, polar bears' prey are small ringed seals or bearded seals. They rarely attempt to attack an adult large seal because they are too big. A polar bear has claws and fangs, a seal has nothing but some fangs which can't use in the fight because polar bears are more agile and avoid the fangs. So it's seemingly a helpless, weaponless, fat, slow seal against a dangerous, agile beast with claws and strong jaws. However, polar bears rarely attack them because they know that they aren't an easy prey and that they may as well lose the fight. Many times, a polar bear can't even penetrate the seal's hide thus it just gets tired and gives up. Now, back to the topic. Blissey may be seemingly weaponless and defenseless but she still has a lot of vitality(HP) and she is larger than Tauros. Being larger than your predators in the wild is a very big thing. She can also heal and regain health in an instant. Tauros may have the power but Blissey has the stamina. She can go on and on for a very long time in a fight while Tauros will tire out and probably flee or slump to the ground exhausted while Blissey attacks him with her weak blows till he dies. He may have horns that can easily penetrate Blissey's soft body but her HP ensures that she can survive the damage and keep on going. Softboiled will also prolong her survivability.

Ninjagon, do you even realise that Pokemon games are..well, games? When you come across a wild Pokemon you are actually battling a program system. This system chooses a move totally randomly. You can't base your arguments on that thing. It's a system. You are not battling something with a mind. It's just the program choosing a random move.
    If you come across a wild wolf will he start sniffing you? No. He will circle you and then eat you alive. Pokemon in the wild may not have trainers and proper strategy but they do have a brain. A Blissey would know that she has no other way of dealing with other wild Pokemon and she would quickly resort to Charm as it would be her only chance of survival. Poochyena wouldn't start sniffing you, this is just a random move chosen. It would go for a bite. Wild Pokemon don't just use a random move. The program uses a random move for them. Wild Pokemon would know what to do and wouldn't waste their time sniffing you.
    You are trying to find an excuse so as to cancel out the chances of Blissey winning. It may be hard to believe an egg thing can win a bull but if that egg is larger and has so much stamina and a way to heal itself then it is rather possible.

Also, why should we only consider Tauros using one of his strongest attacks right away? Don't you think that a Tauros would start the fight with a simple Horn Attack or Rage since it is his most popular move? I mean, you go on about Tauros using Thrash. Why would Tauros want to expend so much energy to use an attack that would leave him confused at the end, while he could use Rage, Horn Attack or Take Down?

Last edited:
    Back