• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wild pokemon in poke pelago, what makes 'em stay?

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
Years
  • So a feature of poke pelago is that sometimes wild pokemon will appear, and sometimes they will stay, but sometimes they won't. Now there are various different rumours on how to make them stay, such as interacting with them every couple of hours, making sure your bean box is filled, making sure there are actually beans still on the island for them to eat, but is there any actual ways of making them stay or is it just an rng hell hole?

User19sq

I just interact with them whenever I check into the Pelago. I can't tell what actually makes them stay. Every Wingull that I didn't care for stayed with me, despite me not doing anything for them.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I feel like it's random. I never put beans in boxes but I have a bunch of mons wanting to stay with me. So I really can't tell =/

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • I rarely put beans out and get decent amounts of mons coming to chill at my island. I've actually never had a Pokemon not want to stay after the first day is up though, I didn't even know it was a thing? But yeah I guess it's random because I'm not doing anything special. I had a Mismagius and a Driftblim come to visit the other day and both happily stayed. I'm a loser lol I feel more of a connection to the Pokemon when it "hops in the Pokeball" on it's own :)

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • I never put beans in the box and I did get some nice pok?mon. The only times pok?mon didn't want to stay was if I didn't click on them or check up on them the next day after clicking on them. The text also states that putting pok?beans only increases the odds of appearing wild pok?mon.

Years
  • I've never had a pokemon stay ._. Honestly it's probably the RNG hating me XD
    I've had quite a few Pokemon stay, but never one that I wanted. Lapras keep coming to hang out, but the next time I look, they are gone. I hope someone figures out soon whether it is truly is completely random or whether we can influence the stayers somehow.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
  • So a feature of poke pelago is that sometimes wild pokemon will appear, and sometimes they will stay, but sometimes they won't. Now there are various different rumours on how to make them stay, such as interacting with them every couple of hours, making sure your bean box is filled, making sure there are actually beans still on the island for them to eat, but is there any actual ways of making them stay or is it just an rng hell hole?

Amen, brother

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I also think it is random.

I don't put beans in the box and they will come or stay. I don't interact with pokemon and they will stay or leave. Regardless of what you do, it doesn't seem like it matters.

I myself find it extremely annoying when I constantly have one pokemon wanting to stay with me that I don't want and I can't make it leave. So in order to get new pokemon to pop up, I have to take the pokemon with me and then release in manually from the PC. So I eventually just gave up on the place.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I think it's random. No matter the amount of beans you put through it, you can always soft-reset (as far as I know) before checking the pelago to see if that stayed. People use this to shiny hunt.

Back