• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Ash ever catch a legendary Pokemon (Ho-Oh a chance?)

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    After watching all the run-in's with Ho-Oh, I'm sold that someday, he'll catch that Ho-Oh. Maybe a wild prediction, but I can see it happening down the road.

Kobold Asylum

It's Trolling Time
    Years
    I think that if he caught Ho-oh he would lose a motive to catch pokemon. So I vote that if he does, it'd be the last episode/movie.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    No way. I think it's already established that legendary Pokemon are frickin' deities. The only way to plausibly capture one is by special means, like some harmful machinary. Ash wouldn't use that. He won't capture one. That's for sure.

Kobold Asylum

It's Trolling Time
    Years
    No way. I think it's already established that legendary Pokemon are frickin' deities. The only way to plausibly capture one is by special means, like some harmful machinary. Ash wouldn't use that. He won't capture one. That's for sure.

But in the games they are so freakin easy to catch comparatively. He may obtain a master ball / Ultra ball.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Key-phrase being "in the games". This isn't the games, son. There was a fisherman who failed to capture a giant Wishcash with a Master Ball. Plus, do YOU think catching a legendary Pokémon would be easy. It's only once every blue moon that we see someone with a Pokémon strong enough to go toe-to-toe with one, and they're always stronger than Ash (not that it takes much to do that).

Kobold Asylum

It's Trolling Time
    Years
    Key-phrase being "in the games". This isn't the games, son. There was a fisherman who failed to capture a giant Wishcash with a Master Ball. Plus, do YOU think catching a legendary Pokémon would be easy. It's only once every blue moon that we see someone with a Pokémon strong enough to go toe-to-toe with one, and they're always stronger than Ash (not that it takes much to do that).
    O.o OHMYFRAKINGODZ

Anyway. it is possible a legendary may befriend him. That's how he got all his good pokemanz anyway.

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013

You're forgetting that ash has charizard that has beaten an articuno AND he beat regirock,steel and ice when battling brandon

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    You're forgetting that ash has charizard that has beaten an articuno AND he beat regirock,steel and ice when battling brandon
    Oh, dang, I did forget about those, didn't I. That completely blows my argument to crap, doesn't it. However, that doesn't confirm that the same results would come from a battle with Ho-Oh.

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013

Oh, dang, I did forget about those, didn't I. That completely blows my argument to crap, doesn't it. However, that doesn't confirm that the same results would come from a battle with Ho-Oh.

I agree that he wont or at least shouldnt capture a legendary however he could possibly take one on in a battle.

Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Torterra, Infernape, Snorlax, Donphan, Tauros, etc.

They're all pretty strong pokemon

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    No doubt, they're all powerful Pokémon in their own right, but what supports that they'd defeat a legendary like Ho-Oh?

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I don't think he ever will. And if he actually does, I could see him just releasing it afterward, maybe only needing it to do some specific thing and not wanting to keep it since it's the anime, and you're supposed to feel sorry for any caught legendaries in the anime. :P

Time Shift Dialga

Son of a Pachizel!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2011
    Anyway. it is possible a legendary may befriend him. That's how he got all his good pokemanz anyway.

Yes, that's happened plenty: Shaymin, Groudon (to some extent), Latias, Latios, Manaphy.
    Don't see him calling them out.

'I'm not as tight as you GAMERS...YOU CATCH THEM?!?! That's just mean!'
    Well, think I got my point across lol - he will NEVER catch one.

Also I remember him fighting Ho-Oh at one point...or at least making the challange, not sure what happened though, so I can't really bring anything up about that :/

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Like everyone said, no chance ! ^^
    In the Anime, the Legendary concept is still clean, not like in the games . That means that a legendary is a legendary, roaming the land as it wants .

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Like everyone said, no chance ! ^^
    In the Anime, the Legendary concept is still clean, not like in the games . That means that a legendary is a legendary, roaming the land as it wants .

Very well said, my thoughts exactly!

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2010
    No he never will, when some of the legendaries can move continents, or rule alternate realities, what makes you think a device that sometimes fails on small crappy pokemon will successfully catch them? It's the anime where things are more realistic. I'm glad too, whilst I have no problems catching legendaries in game it also makes it much harder to accept all the lore surrounding how amazingly powerful they are.

Years
    Permanently? No. Temporarily? Maybe.

I'd assume it would be a situation similar to the baby Lugia from the Whirl Islands/Larvitar. He rescues a newborn legendary pokemon who then travels with him for a short story arc, to get it to its destination/parent. One of the legendary birds, perhaps?

I'm also fairly certain he will control Ho-oh for some epic, world-ending battle eventually.

But no, he will never capture a legendary.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ash WILL battle Ho-oh. He just has to, after the way it seemed to randomly be shown in the first few series....

But, I don't reckon he'll catch it. The closest he got to catching one was Shaymin (who caught him, and wouldn't let go of his head), and Latias, who obviously had a crush on him.

I doubt he'll get a Garchomp even, though, as it's too strong....Charizard is the biggest pokemon he's ever had.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
    If he does obtain one, it will either be a clone or something like Articuno and the first Frontier Brain.

Back