• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will HG/SS replace Platinum?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    With recent news, I just thought of something. With the release of the GSDS remakes then it can more than likely promote the use of Platinum for trading and avalability of Pokémon. Also, if they use a lot of new features that can connect Platinum with HeartGold and SoulSilver, then it'll more than likely want people who haven't done so as yet, buy Platinum.

Years
    I don't think HG/SS will replace Platinum. If anything, it would be an addition to Platinum. If people like HG/SS and they don't have Platinum, they might go out and get Platinum. I'm going to be playing both games together. (Like I do w/ FrLg and R/S/E.) They're both unique games with their own qualities. Maybe by playing HG/SS, I'll play Platinum more as well. (Like how FrLg made me like Emerald more.) At the moment, Platinum is where I take all my old pokes and import them into the game, then I do new games in LG and R/E. Now, I can play Johto/(Kanto) and Sinnoh side by side. :)

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm not speaking for anyone else but myself, but for me, I'm going to be playing both games together. (Like I do w/ FrLg and R/S/E.) They're both unique games with their own qualities. Maybe by playing HG/SS, I'll be more appreciative towards Platinum. I'm not going to give up Platinum just because HG/SS. I'll like playing both. Seeing HG/SS will make me like Platinum more as well. Right now, Platinum is where I take all my old pokes and import them into the game, then I do new games in LG and R/E. Now, I can have Johto/(Kanto) and Sinnoh side by side. :) I'm probably not making any sense, but if you get what I'm saying. You're awesome.

I'm pretty sure what you mean is that even after you get GSDS for yourself, then you'll still continue to play Platinum. Also, with the new remakes, it'll also get you to play Platinum more than you do now. Am I right? If so, then I actually agree on you with this one, because I know for usre I'll be interacting with both games together for Pokédex purposes and more.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Actually, the GSDS games will probably promote Platinum more than any other Pokémon game promoted the othe rprevious versions.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well with the news coming along I am sure this remake is going to be a lot more popular. Of course it wouldn't replace Platinum, but it will be the top game most likely.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    it wont get replaced by Heart Gold and SOul Silver. But I know what you mean, all of my Pokemon are in Platinum and when SS comes out then I'm going to bring all of those Pokemon into SS

:t354:TG

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well with Platinum being a bit popular these days, I am thinking it will be a bit popular for at least a little while. Though when these remakes are finally released in America, I don't think it'll be too popular and it will probably be replaced.

Pingouin_7

I prefer FR/LG over Emerald and HG/SS over Platinum, just so you know.

I'm gonna clone my legendaries once in Emerald, transfer one set to Platinum, to be traded to Soul Silver later, then I'll trade the second set of legendaries to Fire-Red. FR/LG just has MANY MORE ways of training out of re-battling the E4, since we couldn't re-battle every trainers in Emerald and we couldn't make them re-battle at any moment we wanted. Also in FR/LG there's Sevii Islands to explore while in Emerald there's nothing.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I doubt HeartGold and SoulSilver will replace it, just more people might purchase it then the amount that bought Platinum. Basically because more people wanted this over Platinum to begin with.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    I do think that it'll replace Platinum as the "ulitmate" Pokemon game for me, regarding features, gameplay lenth, etc. I personally wasn't into the whole DP/Pt storyline, and GSC provided my favorite storyline in Pokemon games.

Platinum was a rehash imo. Many fans had the chance to play the originals of D/P. But to the newer generations, HG/SS will be a new experience. As unfortunate as it is, the originals are no longer that easier to get a hold of. So this remake will give newcomers to the series a chance to play what I call the gem of the series.

And of course, if the two regions are kept - which they likely will be, since I see no reason as to why they could possibly be removed- it'll really add to that "wow" factor rather than the Battle Frontier.

But I'm biased. I didn't like DP/Pt but adored GSC loads. xD;;;;

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It'll most likely replace Platinum as the "ultimate" game yes, but probably not the whole game. They're both different regions, different journies, and different storylines. HG&SS will probably replace a few things of Platinum but not the entire game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    New member here, hey guys. :)

Anyway, in some way, yes, I think HG/SS will replace Platinum as the "ultimate" game in some way, at least for me. But if it doesn't include certain features, such as the Battle Frontier, I don't think it'll completely replace Platinum.

NatureKeeper

If they're thinkning of making Pokémon TearCrystal then dude Platinum's in trouble.

But I like Platinum more than HeartGold so far, though I didn't play either.

And Emerald, which is 3rd Generation's Platinum, was liked more than firered and leafgreen, the 3rd Generation's HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Guys, It looks like people ae heading to SoulSilver XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Since I didn't feel the need to buy Platinum, I believe HG/SS will be my "ultimate" game.
    But since I got into Pokemon during the G/S generation, they are going to be really special for me.

Balaczter

Pokemon Sprite Artist
    Years
    Gradually, Platinum will be outdated, just like now it's almost a joke to play LeafGreen unless you're getting Kanto Pokemon for D/P/Pt.

But, just as in the LeafGreen/FireRed with Sapphire, Ruby or Emerald, you can probably trade all the new Pokemon onto HeartGold and SoulSilver.

To be honest, much as I love Platinum, HG/SS will probably overtake Platinum. The newest games always overtake the older ones.

But D/P/Pt will always have a place in my heart and soul. :D -excuse the pun-

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Gradually, Platinum will be outdated, just like now it's almost a joke to play LeafGreen unless you're getting Kanto Pokemon for D/P/Pt.

But, just as in the LeafGreen/FireRed with Sapphire, Ruby or Emerald, you can probably trade all the new Pokemon onto HeartGold and SoulSilver.

To be honest, much as I love Platinum, HG/SS will probably overtake Platinum. The newest games always overtake the older ones.

But D/P/Pt will always have a place in my heart and soul. :D -excuse the pun-

You make a good point. Diamond and Pearl got outdated since Platinum came out. So there is a possibility that Platinum will be outdated by who knows how much, but just not absolutely replaced, yet.

Years
    They will probably have new features exclusive to the 2 games, but unless they make all the Sinnoh Pokemon available in HG/SS, then I don't see it COMPLETLEY replacing it

Hypergaming

Pikachu Palace!
    Years
    I feel that HG and SS will replace Platinum in my mind for completing the pokedex, but I will continue to use the Platinum/ pearl game as my online trading game.

Back