• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will HG/SS replace Platinum?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    For some players it may replace Platinum because they may prefer to play the new GSDS games over it, but for others they might take good use of both games to complete the Pokédex and work on great teams too.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I kinda want it too. GSC were always superior games. Plat will probably be equal to it. Like how Emerald was = to FRLG

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    Well I think it will replace it but I doubt it will take it out of the picture completely

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    To me Platinum was not much of an improvement compared to DP. Soul Silver will become my main for sure. After all, Silver was my first ever game i got and it remains as my favourite game of all time. I'll buy Heart Gold as well but it will be my secondary game for trading.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    For me, I will still play Platinum sometimes, but I know I'll be more into SoulSilver if it lives up to its name like the original.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2009
    hmm... i think so... well actually no.
    when red blue ruled yellow came out. EPIC !!!YOU DIDNT HAVE TO CHOSE BETWEEN VERSIONS!
    Gold Silver the same. CRYSTAL! OMG BEST GAME EVER PERIOD!
    ruby sapphire: OMG EMERALD SO EPIC!
    Diamond pearl: YEE HAA YOU CAN CATCH GRATINA DIALGA PALKIA HEATREAN MESPRIT UXIE AZELF ZAPDOS MOLTRES ARTICUNO! HOW GREAT CAN IT BE?

alright so now we are with the 2nd gen remakes... if the like made pokemon crystalClear (i dont know?) then that would deffinitley rule platinum.

why didnt they make a yellow remake?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They wouldn't have needed to remake Crystal or Yellow if they had FRLG.

Also, with every new games comes more popularity to it, but that doesn't necessarily rule out Platinum still. It's still a pretty new game and popular too.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    Tottaly different games, none will replace any really, it's just a matter of playing a little more or less after finishing one of the two..

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ Exactly. Two different regions, entirely different Pokémon originated in their place, difference in plots, and different preferences for people all play a factor in how popular each game is. So, for some Platinum will be replaceed, and for others it'll just be as equally or more their favorite as the next.

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
    Years
    I don't see HG and SS replacing Platinum as a 'main game'. I doubt the GTS will be incorporated, for one, and as it is set in an earlier generation, not all Pokemon will be available.

It'll almost definitely overshadow it in popularity, though, at least for a while. People have been looking for a remake of these for ages.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    In addition to what was stated above, if the new GSDS games don't come with a Pal Park or some sort of system to get Pokémon from the GBA games, like Platinum has the Pal Park, then it'll definitely still be kept in use.

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    HG/SS will not replace Platinum. It would replace the Old Pokemon Gold and Silver. and it has new features and new sprites of the pokemon.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, if HeartGold and SoulSilver had to replace anything, it'll most likely relpace the older versions of itself, like how FRLG got more people playing that over the old Red, Blue, and Yellow. Now, I'm not saying people won't still be playing the old games, but more than likely most people will prefer the remake simply because of new features and the new 3D look to it as well.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I can't see HGSS replacing Plat, because you need Plat to complete the Pokédex. Plus, as said earlier, they are both different games. They will replace themselves.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Well seeing as in it's not gonna be as long a wait as say The kanto remakes to D/P

I think that Platinum and HG/SS will come hand in hand There'll be some colaberation maybe.

I think Nintendo will want Platinum to be long living or at least as long as the DS

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well seeing as in it's not gonna be as long a wait as say The kanto remakes to D/P

I think that Platinum and HG/SS will come hand in hand There'll be some colaberation maybe.

I think Nintendo will want Platinum to be long living or at least as long as the DS

That could be a possibility. We're going to get some more news in June so we'll see how fascinating it will be a bit more.

Platinum of course, will still be needed unless they add all the Sinnoh pokemon into the remake. I highly doubt they will, but we're going to have to see for ourselves.

Years
    Yeah, if HeartGold and SoulSilver had to replace anything, it'll most likely replace the older versions of itself, like how FRLG got more people playing that over the old Red, Blue, and Yellow. Now, I'm not saying people won't still be playing the old games, but more than likely most people will prefer the remake simply because of new features and the new 3D look to it as well.

I think you're right about that. Once I heard about Heart Gold and Soul Silver, I stopped playing Silver version. (My best friend and I like FireRed and LeafGreen better than RBY, too.) To be honest, I haven't been playing Platinum as much. I feel like releasing some of my Johto pokes on there, so I have a clean slate for Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Maybe I'll trade them? As much as I love having my Chikorita (coughMeganiumcough) in Platinum, I feel like I can't start off with it in Heart Gold now. Maybe Cyndaquil this time?

I've read that for the Pichu event, you need Platinum for it. You get the Pikachu colored Pichu in Platinum, get it to HG/SS, and it unlocks the Notched ear Pichu.

Back