• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Max ever get a Pokemon?

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    I'm not sure if he has already gotten a Pokemon, because I'm still at season 8 in my country..

Will he ever get one? It'll be cool if he really did.. even if it's a weaker Pokemon..

I mean, it's weird. He being one of the main characters in Pokemon, and yet, he doesn't have a Pokemon.. lols :P

Flonne~

...changed again xD
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2006
    Well if he gets a pokemon , it will probably be a Ralts, who he promised to come back to get it when he becomes a Pokemon trainer...(don't know the name of that eppy...)

But I think he is going to stay like he is for ahwile... ._.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2008
    Short answer: No.

Long answer: Max isn't old enough to be a Pokemon trainer yet, as he's not 10 years old. Besides, he seems more like the researcher type, considering how much he seems to look up to Professor Oak.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2008
    Neo Android said:
    wow never seen that before. It looks cool, and i hardly see the advanced generation but from what i have gathered on the net, hes coming back for a ralts.

That's all well and good, but the problem is promises like that are made quite a lot throughout the series, with people promising to come back for a Pokemon/have a rematch with some trainer, only for said Pokemon or trainer to never be seen or heard from again.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    after looking at it for 5 minutes i came up wif his in a battle well really a double battle his grovly and shuppt againest a armaldo and dustox

Skitty101

Crazed Advanceshipper!!
    Years
    Wow that picture is really cool. I'm sure Max will get a Pokemon of his own someday. I missed "Do I hear a Ralts", unfortuanately. :(

I did see some screenshots and Max seemed really close to that Ralts.
    But, don't you think three years is a long time for him to get that Ralts, just saying.

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
    i dont think so. i think hes more of just a supporting character.

i looked at the other pictures on that site by the same artist, and then by different artists. i think its be a REALLY believable fanart cause that guy must really have practiced alot.. but then i dont know japanese.. however i still think its fanart...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I think he will one day... Heck he could now.
    Even if he's too young to go on his own Pokemon Journey, he could still have a Pokemon as a friend...

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    Drew said:
    I think he will one day... Heck he could now.
    Even if he's too young to go on his own Pokemon Journey, he could still have a Pokemon as a friend...

Yes, I'd agree with Drew ^^ In fact, when I started this thread, my actual meaning for Max having a Pokemon, is more of having it as a friend than a battle partner :)

But oh well, the Pokemon would be quite weak huh.. being unable to battle as much, and being more 'pampered'... o.O

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    That picture realy is cool ^^

Maybe he will have a PKMN, but not now.
    Like Pokemaster2185 said, he's more the research type.
    *makes link to beyblade* => Kenny (bb) <=> Max (PKMN)
    Spoiler:

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    okay, I'll go a lil out of topic..
    actually, I dreamt of the episode where Max meets Ralts, and only to wake up to find that I was dreaming :P

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    LOL thats funny:P
    ON TOPIC:they should make a series wif max as da main guy coz ash is too weird and anoyying

GreatLiver

man, myth, stud
    Years
    I doubt it. He's probably just always going to be the person on the side that explains everything but never does anything. For all we know BF may be his last season. If it is I could see him turning up in some episodes having caught a few pokemon.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    Rogue said:
    LOL thats funny:P
    ON TOPIC:they should make a series wif max as da main guy coz ash is too weird and anoyying

Ash is still quite okay for me, not that irritating in my opinion.. I prefer Brock XD
    Hmmm, I think it'll be weird to have Max be the main guy.. maybe not start a series on it.. perhaps just dedicate a special episode or something? lols :P

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    GreatLiver said:
    I doubt it. He's probably just always going to be the person on the side that explains everything but never does anything. For all we know BF may be his last season. If it is I could see him turning up in some episodes having caught a few pokemon.

sighs. I hope the series doesn't end at BF.. I wish it continues as long as it could.. XD

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I'll never forget that Ralts episode, because Ralts is my fave pokemon^_^ (look at my sig), Max seems more reliable a person than Ash is, he'll probably come back for the Ralts he met back then. He seems to me to be what Ash was like when he was 8, only Max is MUCH smarter.

Back