• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will pokémon ever become real via genetics?

Guest123_x1

Maybe many, many years down the road, scientists in real life will be able to mutate and mix animal DNA to form real Pokémon, much like the Jurassic Park scientists spliced in frog DNA with that of dinosaur DNA found in amberized mosquitoes to revive dinosaurs for the island/park. Whether such a feat will actually be attempted, only fate will tell.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Pokemon world logic is different then real world logic.

pokemon world was create from a pokemon that create space and time. then after them 2 pokemon made space time they made the water and ground pokemon to create the lands. after that there was 3 pokemon that made life

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Maybe but not in our lifetimes.

I can't imagine it will anywhere near as pretty and inspiring as the pokemon world. Genetically altered animals would be forced to fight in wars against their will. Only the rich and powerful will have access to them. There'd be a lot less "fainting" too.

I would love to not be so cynical but I don't see how we can trust humanity in this matter.

Having virtual reality pokemon that act realistically and intelligently would be a more achievable goal in the (not that) near future.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I highly doubt it. I don't think scientists or the administrators that oversee those scientists would think it prudent to create animals with special powers. It would be extremely dangerous. I mean, there's already a problem of animal attacks–domestic and wild–without the possibility that said animal would breathe fire on you, freeze you with an ice beam, or fry your brain with a psychic blast.

What would the impact be if some of these "Pokémon" escaped from the lab they were created in? I doubt any scientists would want to find out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    Pokémon is nothing else than a game, not only it's impossible and will be impossible for a (very) long time but even if it would be possible, it'd require a cost and it wouldn't be something useful or efficent to do.

It's more likely, given the recent improvement of holographics technology (react to touch, etc.), that future (2020 or so) Pokémon games will have a device which will display an holographich Pokémon with decent AI and that will reach to touch whose use will be to boost its happiness and some other variables (Devices that exist today minus the holographich/AI, which are inevitable if the progress will continue to advance), maybe even have holographich vs holographich pokémon battles (again, thanks to the react of touch, which already exists).

As for the games themselves, they most likely will be VR, considering Oculus rift has already made a "first step" it's very likely Nintendo will keep up with times and by 2020(+) do some sort of support for it.
    And considering that japanese people are the ones progressing in holographich technology and can already do some cool stuff like actually have them react to touch, I'd say it's a pretty good guess.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I don't see why not. I mean it's unethical, but animals fight all of the time. In the future a long time from now animals could be trained to learn and obey attacks. Of course this will never be as cool as pokemon, but it is definitely possible. This would be against ethics in today's world, but the future could be different.

Back