• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Satoshi finally win this time?

Do you think Satoshi will get past the Semi-Finals in the Isshu league?

• Hopefully.

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Naaa....

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well I know alot of you here know, Satoshi has entered four tournaments now, and hasn't even won any of them. There was the Orange League and The Battle Frontier but they don't really prove his skill to be honest since he only had to battle a few trainers whilst the others were collecting eight badges and then going up against quite alot of elite trainers who also collected eight badges.

Another thing to take into consideration, Satoshi seems to be getting better every tournament:

Indigo: Top 16
    Johto: Top 8
    Hoenn: Top 8 (well I guess he stayed in the same place that time)
    Sinnoh: Top 4

Do you guy's think he could win it this time in Best Wishes? Or maybe at least get better and get into the final. (Top 2)

In my opinion, I hope Satoshi can at least get into the finals this series. But considering what the writers do, they seems to make him lose and they let him get even better each tournament - but come on, Ash beat two of some random guy's legends, pikachu ending up tieing with a latios (both got knocked out) but still ended up losing to a newly starter Tsutaja. :(

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    If this is the last series of Pokemon, then maybe he'll win, he has no chance if the anime and games continue though. Maybe he will get into the top 2.

He also won the Orange island league ~

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    First of all, Battle Frontier > Pokémon League Tournament.

Now, Ash is going to lose. He will lose in the Semi-Finals depending on the rivals that appear in this saga. I don't expect him to get to the final round but we will see I guess.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I only see him maybe getting in the top 2 at least than again top 2 next time possibly?? As long as the games and the series is doing fine they'll keep going, which means Ash isn't winning.

SuperiorCat

トウコ
    Years
    Considering how Pikachu has preformed so far in Best Wishes. I doubt Ash will even manage to get 8 badges. >_>

But in all seriousness, the most reasonable prediction would be for Ash to make it into the semi-finals. But, who knows? =/

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I get a feeling maybe it will play out like it did with the game were Plasma interferes in the end. Even if that doesn't happen like that I don't see him winning just cause the writers are playa haters.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    You know, I wonder why everyone's fine with Ash losing. It's like no one cares anymore.

Also why does Ash have to lose every main league from the games? I can see him losing every other league starting with the Orange to make sure he doesn't get too cocky but why every league? It's not like he gets a second chance right away.

I really wish that Ash won the Sinnoh League Conference and won (or lost) to Cynthia before the reboot of the Anime.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    After losing four times over a span of 13 years or so, if you've been watching since the very beginning, if you're not used to him losing now then you'll never get used to it. It'll be a pleasant surprise if he wins but no one expects and they really shouldn't.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well it's really nothing to expect, but there's always that infinitesimal chance that he does win and either his chapter in Pokemon ends or the Pokemon anime ends, preferably not the latter >__> Who knows, I really have no opinion since I consider all chances.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    Satoshi finally winning a league, is gonna happen when Team Rocket finally nab Pikachu and send him to Giovanni. Which means, it ain't gonna be happening anytime soon, because at the league, there will always be that one Trainer who is a thousand times better than him, that's just how it goes, he wins a league then he'll probably have to train even harder so he can face the Elite Four, which he'll probably wind up losing too anyway, so him beating a league would do nothing but give him another title, before his gets his behind severely handed to him by one of the big four.

You want Ash to win a League? Go write or read some fanfiction, because its not happening here. No matter how much you want it to. Its just one of those unwritten rules, he can win all the challenges and side things he want, but main competition is just a no. Besides, he did become the Orange League Champion, but most people write it off as filler or just don't care.

Years

Another thing to take into consideration, Satoshi seems to be getting better every tournament:

Indigo: Top 16
    Johto: Top 8
    Hoenn: Top 8 (well I guess he stayed in the same place that time)
    Sinnoh: Top 4

Do you guy's think he could win it this time in Best Wishes? Or maybe at least get better and get into the final. (Top 2)
    I disagree with this. The Ever Grande Conference had over 600 trainers; that's the biggest league Ash has ever competed in. Sinnoh was the smallest, with only 64 participants. If you ask me, Ash improved from Johto to Hoenn just by making it so far in a tournament with that huge number of trainers. If you only went by rank you could actually say that Ash did worse in the puny Sinnoh League, but his performance in the battles says otherwise. And the Battle Frontier is arguably Ash's greatest accomplishment to date.

Anyways, I really think Ash will stay relatively the same this time. He hasn't been doing so good ever since he came to Isshu. :S

And why can't Ash win a league without the anime ending? There's nothing to stop the writers from using Ash if he wins. Not saying it's going to happen, but Ash won't just decide to stop traveling if he wins a league.

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Spoiler:

No, I don't think that Ash will win the Isshu league. Why? Because he is a noob. I have been watching the Anime for so long now and every time I expect Ash to win a league, he ends up disappointing me. In short, I expect nothing from Ash. He will lose somewhere in the quarter-finals and some random trainer with a couple of legendary Pokemon will win the league. >_>
    Personally, I don't even think that Ash is a league winning material. He acts so dumb at times, and we hope for some miracles in the league battles. =(

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014

Personally, I don't even think that Ash is a league winning material. He acts so dumb at times, and we hope for some miracles in the league battles. =(

Then why is he even the main character is he barely develops.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Kirbychu said:
    And why can't Ash win a league without the anime ending? There's nothing to stop the writers from using Ash if he wins. Not saying it's going to happen, but Ash won't just decide to stop traveling if he wins a league.

It's may be because that would force the writers define Ash's goal more. Its not that they need to do that but it could be a reason.

mervyn797 said:

What is "Pokémon League winning material"?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    What would give someone that caliber?
    Someone who battles seriously, and has no place for flaws in his/her battling style.

Why doesn't Ash have the caliber?
    Because he is a noob.

And... didn't I say that it was my personal opinion? >_>
    [jq]Personally, I don't even think that Ash is a league winning material. He acts so dumb at times, and we hope for some miracles in the league battles. =([/jq]

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    mervyn797 said:
    Someone who battles seriously, and has no place for flaws in his/her battling style.

So Ash doesn't battle seriously in the Pokémon League? And the winners have no flaws in their strategy? So the winners are perfect characters, right? Is that what you're saying? Or do you want to make that clearer?

Because he is a noob.

Is that why he defeated the Battle Frontier which is more difficult than the any of the leagues he has competed in?

And... didn't I say that it was my personal opinion? >_>
    [jq]Personally, I don't even think that Ash is a league winning material. He acts so dumb at times, and we hope for some miracles in the league battles. =([/jq]

You should be able to defend your opinions.

Jabberwocky

A man ain't nothin' but a man
    Years
    I doubt it. I don't think Ash will win a tournament until the show, or at least his tenure as its main character, ends.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    Based on the pattern, I feel that he's going to be in the Top 4 again? Okay, that sounds boring. >__>

Back