• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Satoshi finally win this time?

Do you think Satoshi will get past the Semi-Finals in the Isshu league?

• Hopefully.

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Naaa....

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters

Jabberwocky

A man ain't nothin' but a man
    Years
    Based on the pattern, I feel that he's going to be in the Top 4 again? Okay, that sounds boring. >__>

Boring but probable. If he manages to make it to the final round, I'd say that after Best Wishes, we'd probably only get one more region with Ash TOPS.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    First of all, Battle Frontier > Pokémon League Tournament.
    Well what I ment was a 8 badge tournament, and instead of just winning by getting all symbols he has to go up against other trainer who gained badges!

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    So Ash doesn't battle seriously in the Pokémon League? And the winners have no flaws in their strategy? So the winners are perfect characters, right? Is that what you're saying? Or do you want to make that clearer?

Yes, they have minimal flaws in their strategies and if they do face a problem, they can cope up with it in time to ensure a victory for themselves. Ash is unable to do so.

Is that why he defeated the Battle Frontier which is more difficult than the any of the leagues he has competed in?
    Any proof to back your statement?

You should be able to defend your opinions.
    I'm on it.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    If you want proof that he won:
    Will Satoshi finally win this time?

If your talking about how hard the battle frontier was theennnn...
    Only Trainers who are invited by Scott can actually take part in the Battle frontier. Scott invited Ash because of his place in the Hoenn league, and after watching that battle between him and agath
    a.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Bertha didn't exist then...you mean Agatha :P

Yeah, Battle Frontier is his only victory I count. Orange Islands was more like an Elite Four + Champion challenge, in that he battled 4 trainers, then the best trainer around. I think that was kinda reflecting that the Orange Islands don't have such strong trainers....

I have 3 predictions for Satoshi's placement in the Isshu League:

- Top 2
    - Top 4
    - Crashes out pathetically in the first round.

I reckon they might mix it up a bit and throw a spanner in the works...although it'd be tragic....and too good of a plotline for the writers to use it xD

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Well if you think about it Ash had a pretty good reason for placing Top4 and really he did better than the guy who was in the finals.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hmm...from what I know (god I need to keep away from spoilers), yeah, Ash vs. Takuto was made out to be "the final that should have happened"...you know, like in football (soccer if you're american, and you're wrong :P) when the two best teams in the tournament meet in the semi-finals instead of the final, then the final's an absolute walkover and everybody leaves it disappointed.

But hey, provided pokémon goes out with a bang, rather than simply dwindling away miserably as quality gradually declines (if you ask some people about that, it's been doing it since '02 in Japan and '03 elsewhere), he's going to win one, isn't he?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    mervyn797 said:
    Yes, they have minimal flaws in their strategies and if they do face a problem, they can cope up with it in time to ensure a victory for themselves. Ash is unable to do so.
    Except he has been able to do so. He's been able to do it in gym battles (Whitney, Brawly, Surge, etc). Just because he doesn't pull out a victory in every battle doesn't mean he's not "league material". If he did do that it wouldn't prove anything other than showing the the writers are bad at their jobs.

Mew~ already responded but I'll try to fill in the gaps. It's been shown in the animé that Frontier Brains are well respected members in the animé world. Scott only invites Ash after he battles with Agatha and not after he placed in the Top 8 of the Pokémon League. It's also been shown the Frontier Brains are at least on par with the Elite Four (Palmer battling Cynthia). Considering that Ash had to battle Agatha to get noticed by Scott implies that he at least has to be able to stand up against the Elite Four to challenge the Frontier Brains. This also includes that fat that some of the Frontier Brains use legendary Pokémon as a part of their main team.

I'm on it.
    You do that.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
    No.
    He'll lose due to some unfair disadvantage of his opponent. Then he'll leave for the next region, claiming it's for a "fresh new start" while leaving his old Pokemon in the PC box never to see the light of day again.

He'll then wonder how long until puberty will hit him, and then will shrug it off and go wandering off into the next region looking for some new chick to add to his harem. Gotta admit you guys, the kid's got skills for a ten year old.

Long story short, no. Ash is doomed to forever be a failure. A failure with a surprisingly big harem of women.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't think that Ash will win this region's league. Assuming that the writers want to keep the Pokemon anime going, Ash may lose and start over in a new region.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'd just like to add that I think if Ash ever wins a pokémon league (And defeats an Elite Four member and/or champion, as I've always assumed the league-winners get to challenge them), some other things will be wrapped up, such as Misty,May and Dawn getting their bikes back, and Ash's father finally appearing.

I do think it'd be appropriate if Gary / Paul / Barry (the only proper rivals he's had, Ritchie was too nice, Morrison, Tyson and Harrison came in too late in their respective seasons, finally Nando and Conway sort of...disappeared until the Sinnoh League) were in the league that he finally does win. I'd love to see Paul vs. Gary, especially as they both have an Electivire and their original starter pokémon.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Amore said:
    such as Misty,May and Dawn getting their bikes back, and Ash's father finally appearing.

Misty already got her bike back and it doesn't seem like May and Dawn care about it too much.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah...I thought that about the champion too. Which is why I think it'd be appropriate if he returned to Kanto and won the Indigo League (challenging the Champion, who'd probably be either Lance, or in the spirit of the Kanto-based games, somebody with no type theme, i.e. his father? Or I suppose it could be Gary, but he already beat him into retirement....xD)

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Personally, I hope he wins the Isshu League. What's stopping the writers from giving him a reason to keep him traveling.

Maybe that's what this whole "Anime Reboot" is going for. They want Ash to actually develop win. Sure some fans here may call ******** on that victory but why would the writers suddenly care about us?

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Well if Ash was to win all it would do would extend the season slightly so he can battle that regions Elite 4, and most likely lose to the champ. I personally like the system they have now he get to the near top of the league and loses and knows he has still got a way to go to become a pokemon champion.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The problem is that he already won against a group that was implied to at the very LEAST be on par with the Elite 4 and champion (The Kanto Battle Frontier), so he should be able to defeat the trainers without a sweat. That's why I have huge doubts that becoming a Pokemon Master means becoming the champion. If it were, then Ash fulfilled his goal during the Battle Frontier saga.

Zet

Years
    Ash will lose the championship match, because that is the law of the anime. Ash will always lose a league battle.

Though in defeat, he will never give up on trying to be a pokemon master.

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
    Years
    I really hope he wins already... If he does, I'll watch that...

Even if he does become champion, that doesn't mean he becomes master...

Back