• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will we ever see a male Fairy-type Gym Leader/E4?

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I know for years everyone has wished for a Dark-type Gym Leader, but with the introduction of the Fairy type last generation, I was wondering if we would ever see a male Fairy type Gym Leader or Elite Four member.

I think a potential appearance for a male Fairy-type Gym Leader or Elite Four member would be a young black-haired man who wears an entirely pink outfit consisting of pink slacks, a pink interlock polo shirt, an open pink hoodie, and a pink hat, all with large pink fairy wings.

What may prevent such from happening is that some parents may allege that such a Gym Leader would be promoting homosexuality, even though neither his Fairy-type specialty nor his pink outfit would imply anything about his sexual orientation.

What does anyone here think about such an idea?

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • What may prevent such from happening is that some parents may allege that such a Gym Leader would be promoting homosexuality
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

I don't know. It's like asking if there will be a male Grass leader. I don't see why a male Fairy leader is or should be a different or interesting case. Fairy is not a feminine type.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

I don't know. It's like asking if there will be a male Grass leader. I don't see why a male Fairy leader is or should be a different or interesting case. Fairy is not a feminine type.

We have already had two male Grass-type Gym Leaders, Cilan and Ramos.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I feel like Gamefreak has gone with a "fairytale" aesthetic when it comes to fairy-type trainers/gyms. I could easily see male fairy type trainers. For example, if Wikstrom had a son that also dressed as a knight I could see him as a fairy-type gym leader with Granbull, Klefki, and Kirlia on his team. I could also see a gym leader based on the fairy tale "Jack and the Beanstalk" named Jack who has a Cottonee, Altaria, and a Togekiss. There could also be a gym based on fairytales dealing with the man in the moon, with Pokemon used such as Wigglytuff and Clefable; which honestly would fit Sun & Moon perfectly!

Back