• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will we see May again?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I know she won't ever join the group again, (most people aren't going to make the same stupid mistakes the Misty fans made), but do you think we'll see her in her own eps in Johto or make a brief visit to Sinnoh at some point?

They had to give her an Eevee for some reason, and people do still like her, right?

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    They had to give her an Eevee for some reason,

I didnt think they had to giver an Eevee but it could have been a possible reason for her to return in DP for her Eevee to evolve.

Back to the question, I agree with you except for this part:

most people aren't going to make the same stupid mistakes the Misty fans made

I think thats a little offensive to be honest, Anyway May probably wont have a returning role on Pokemon but she may star in a new Chronicles series.

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
    Years
    Well yea. You see Misty Alot Usualy because she was a BIG Part for like 3 Series. So i do think they will see May Again, Her Eevee will probably evove into Espeon. And She might hatch some new pokemon!

Max might get His Ralts aswell :)

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I think she'll come back for a few episodes. She usually annoys me...she whines too much, but I would like to see her again.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    She'll probably make a guest appearance in a few episodes, like Misty did in Hoenn. And if they ever decide to continue the "Pokemon Chronicles" spin-off series, May might play a major role in it like Misty did in the first ones.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    She'll probably turn up around Snowpoint so she can evolve her Eevee. That, or she appears at the Grand Festival (randomly knowing where it is) and watches Dawn and maybe battles her or meets Ash at the Sinnoh league and battles someone. I hope she gets to battle Dawn.

Mr. Sanders

AaMayL Supporter for life!
    Years
    Yes, Mabey, no.

Well I have three answers for you

Yes.

Mabey.

No.

The 'Yes' is for Pokemon Trainers Union. Its a series I'm writing, which features Ash, May, Brendan and Marina. (Breandan is not actually known to May at all)

The 'Mabey' is for DP, though I really hope she comes back, it dosn't look too promising, however, now that you mention it, there is a possibility she'll turn up at a contest and battle Dawn, and very likely, win.

The 'No' is for the chronicles series. Lets face it, I reckon there was a reason they cancelled it.

Trainers Union aught to be up soon. Likely to feature Advanceshipping hints. VERY likely. Also NEW Shipping! Unionshipping (BrendanXMarina), hints also likely.

Years
    Considering how they've omitted her for however long, I don't think she'll be back until the Grand Festival, if that.

The better question is, is there a reason for the omission? I'm not getting the writers, especially with May/Haruka's popularity and her subtle nuances.

Anyway, I'm going with Jorah. Heh.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    The better question is, is there a reason for the omission? I'm not getting the writers, especially with May/Haruka's popularity and her subtle nuances.

I think because they knew they were introducing another girl coordinator. If the writers brought up May in early D/P people probably wouldn't have liked Dawn since she was introduced just to do the same thing May did for 4 seasons.

They had to make sure Dawn became a popular character so by not mentioning May, people would move on. I think the writers believed they made a mistake about bringing Misty up too much in Hoenn that it gave fans the belief that she was still going to be an important character or return to the cast, and they don't want to make the same mistake this time. They don't make those special Hoso episodes anymore either which could be why.

Years
    I think because they knew they were introducing another girl coordinator. If the writers brought up May in early D/P people probably wouldn't have liked Dawn since she was introduced just to do the same thing May did for 4 seasons.

They had to make sure Dawn became a popular character so by not mentioning May, people would move on. I think the writers believed they made a mistake about bringing Misty up too much in Hoenn that it gave fans the belief that she was still going to be an important character or return to the cast, and they don't want to make the same mistake this time. They don't make those special Hoso episodes anymore either which could be why.

I think you nailed it; your logic makes perfect sense to me. Still considering that Dawn's a coordinator, surely, an initial reference wouldn't hurt the new gal. Then, stop it cold. That way, May got addressed and you move on.

As for the overkill on Misty, well, yes and no. In the early Hoenn days, 4Kids had more to blame on that, because of their undying love for Ash/Misty. That said, I bow to your logic.

Bows.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Oh man, I really do agree with precita, even though I never thought of it quite like that.. It does make alot of sense. Because Misty did appear a bit too often, in my opinion, which got people's hopes up for nothing. It probably would've been worse, if they hadn't have pushed quite a few of the fillers into the Chronicles series. Even though I really do hope May makes at least one appearance, since Misty got as many as she did.. I still doubt it'll happen. One of the main reasons, besides what Precita said, is because May wasn't the 'original female', Misty was. I doubt everyone will agree, but she's treated with more importance because of that, it seems. Not to sound like I'm bashing May.. >>; She's still my favorite out of the female cast. I would like her to show up one more time, especially for the Grand Festival, which would be a neat twist, I think. :3

I still can't really say 'I think we'll see her again'... because I don't think that'll happen.
    I just hope we do.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    I'd Like to see May Come Back Soon, she was a brilliant Character, and It'd be nice to see how She was Caring for herself and Maxx.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
    I think she'll be back for one or two episodes at best, even though I really doubt she'll make a reappearance in this saga.

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
    I think she'll be back for one or two episodes at best, even though I really doubt she'll make a reappearance in this saga.
    I very much disagree, and this is why...
    I didnt think they had to giver an Eevee but it could have been a possible reason for her to return in DP for her Eevee to evolve.
    Isn't it sort of obvoius she will come back with a Leafeon/Glaceon for an episode or two?
    If that doesn't happen, I'll be suprised.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Well I agree with Precita because it really makes sense but still there was too many times they could have mention her. Still if that said then it is really funny since they still mention Misty every few times like in Buizel Your Way Out of This! but none for May. It makes sense.

I think we will and the ideal place would be at the Grand Festival where May went there to see the Sinnoh Grand Festival in order to make a decision to head for Sinnoh to either see Ash, decide to compete there next or both. Once there she can meet Dawn and give her some pointers that is considering that the writers will ligthen up a bit on Dawn and let her win a few ribbons. Teeheehee It would be nice for that to happen and make sense because by then I think people will be over May as Precita said. Still that would be the ideal place to let May visit Ash but maybe the writers will surprise us and do that. Really I don't know when seeing how the writers are pulling the carpet under us countlesss times this sega. Teeheehee

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    Hope so. May's one of my favorite characters. She'll probably make an appearance sooner or later as Misty has in the past. I'm guessing it'll be when Dawn enters the grand festival.

She might even get some of her own specials(like Misty had in Hoso/chronicles) We never did get to see what her Eevee evolves into and I'm guessing their planning on using Glaceon or Leafeon for DP.

I was hoping May and Dawn could travel together with Ash and Brock actually.. What is with the series and having only one female character at a time? I never really understood that.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Eyyy...

May is in the Johto Region, duking it out with local coordinators alongside Drew. That's
    what we were led to believe, at least. Anywho, if that were true, May would be at the
    Johto Grand Festival while Dawn were at the Sinnoh one, and there's no reason for May
    to suddenly appear in Sinnoh before entering the Festival. Not much of a crossover here.

Back