• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you be catching any of the Surfing- or Flying-Pikachu in the Yellow Forest?

Which Pikachu do you think you'll be aiming to catch?

• Flying Pikachu

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Surfing Pikachu

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Normal, non-Flying, non-Surfing Pikachu

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • None. Don't intend to get the course.

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2014
    Yeah I've been waiting too, pretty gutting, I suppose it's an excuse to go out and get my steps though! I wonder what time it'll all turn out to work...

THE YELLOW FOREST MYSTERY GIFT IS NOW ACTIVE!

Last edited:
    Years
  • HAHA that'd be sooo cute.

does anyone know if you have to take a certain amount of steps in the DAY to get the special pikas, or just the overall number of steps you have taken since getting your pokewalker?

e.g. say if u needed to walk 9000 steps to find a flying/surfing pika. do those 9000 steps have to be walked in the same day as you catch the special pika or can the steps be what u walked overall (since u got ur pokewalker)

lol hopefully someone gets my question

and imma get VT, surfy, and flying pikas n___n

It's how many steps you've taken that day. It takes 10000 steps to unlock the special Pickachus. It's not too hard to get steps, just walk around for an hour outside. The good part is once you've taken those steps you've unlocked the Pickachus for that day. So you can return from the stroll and go back on it or whatever you want and they'll still be unlocked. You'll just need to get watts.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i just got the yellow forest on both of my games so starting tomorrow i will be trying for one of the special pikachu

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • PokeWalker Yellow Forest Route

The Pokemon Yellow Forest Route is now available through Mystery Gift. Here's how you can get it.

1. Start up Your Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver game
    2. Go to Mystery Gift
    3. Go to Receive Gift
    4. Go to Via Wi-Fi Connection
    5. You should now have received the Yellow Forest Route
    6. Go into the game, and go to the nearest Pokemon Mart
    7. Talk to the man in the green suit
    8. SAVE (This is important)
    Now, when you go to select the PokeWalker Route to go on, you should be able to choose Yellow Forest.

Buh

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    When you check the long grass for a pokemon, you get one, two or three exclamation marks.
    !!! exclamation marks means you have the flying OR surfing pikachu.
    (!! has a small chance of being surfing/flying, but a larger chance of having volt tackle or no special moves. It's impossible to actually tell).

Only one - flying or surfing - will appear each time you stroll. If you don't reset the course, every !!! will be the same as the first one you find.

After you catch your first !!! pikachu, choose 'receive gift' instead of 'return from stroll'. The pikachu will end up in your PC when you check it, but you'll still be on the stroll. You can decide from there whether to stay on the same course and catch more of the same, or reset the course to find the other one.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Transfer it to your game and look at it's moveset.

ok I was hoping there was another way to know but thanks for your help

When you check the long grass for a pokemon, you get one, two or three exclamation marks.
    (!! has a small chance of being surfing/flying, but a larger chance of having volt tackle or no special moves. It's impossible to actually tell).

Only one - flying or surfing - will appear each time you stroll. If you don't reset the course, every !!! will be the same as the first one you find.

After you catch your first !!! pikachu, choose 'receive gift' instead of 'return from stroll'. The pikachu will end up in your PC when you check it, but you'll still be on the stroll. You can decide from there whether to stay on the same course and catch more of the same, or reset the course to find the other one.

ok thanks for your help mate

Last edited:

Buh

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    No worries. Glad I could help :)
    Woot! I just got a surfing Pikachu! It took me about 200 watts to catch - and I sucesfully caught the first one that appeared. Only about 1 in 20 is a surfing/flying pikachu. Even so, you should be able to get one of each within a day's walking without having to do anything special.

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Well just downloaded it and so far I got 4 Pikachu's holding Tiny Mushrooms with Thunder!
    I'm not giving up until I get a Surfing Or Flying One!

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024

How do you reset the course?

Eh, I got it. Planning on getting more Watts later today.

Buh

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    To reset the course, go to another course like Refreshing Field for like 2 seconds, then back to the Yellow Forest.

Back