• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will you be watching the inauguration tomorrow?

User19sq

But didn't tons of democrats sit out voting for Hillary simply because they didn't like her? If it were Bernie on the ballot, Trump might've lost more of the popular vote. Hopefully enough of it, if I hope so myself. XD;;;

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • But didn't tons of democrats sit out voting for Hillary simply because they didn't like her? If it were Bernie on the ballot, Trump might've lost more of the popular vote. Hopefully enough of it, if I hope so myself. XD;;;

Not "tons" but definitely enough to matter. Many of the diehard Bernie fans voted third-party out of protest, which is basically the same as not voting at all.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Or they switched and voted Trump after the DNC leaks revealed just how corrupt they rigged it for Clinton. It's not necessarily their fault for choosing her, since Bernie wasn't even a Democrat until he ran for president, but they had no sense to tell the tides were in favor of his ideals for their party. Similarly this happened with the Republicans and Trump. They weren't going to allow him to continue gaining traction and were throwing EVERY possibility at him to try to ruin him. They even considered throwing Romney back in the ring. But once it was clear the voters wanted Trump, they bent the knee and gave him their full (mostly) support.

I also think it's asinine to continue doubting Trump's appeal or support base. I keep seeing goofy things like "xd Orange man is failing already he can't win again" which just shows how out of touch people are outside of their bubbles. Trump was massively popular and especially where it counted. Pennslyvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, and the many other states that went Red this election proved that locking yourself inside a liberal echo chamber is completely pointless. I repeatedly said this through the primaries. Hillary refused to even campaign in these critical swing states because she was so deluded into thinking she had it on lock.

I also notice a lot of liberals refusing to debate or engage in healthy discussion about the election, Trump, or the various issues of the campaign. If you disagree with BLM, they call you a racist. If you want to protect the border, they call you a xenophobe. If you feel abortion is wrong, they call you a sexist. The problem with each of these is it devalues and ostracizes people (I'm not referring to people who are equally as bigoted on these topics. Common and decent people have these views and don't hold radical ideas on them) and this was a big tactic from the left in the election. There was a big refusal to engage in conversation or healthy dialogue about issues and it left many people feeling abandoned by the left if they felt differently or completely alienated by them otherwise. Trump was similarly called a racist and a bigot and a sexist and people saw him saying things that made sense to them (protect borders, protect all US citizens, make the country great) and saw a leader they could both identify with and feel represented the downtrodden despite his elite life.

This election and the events around it will be an amazing thing to dissect in the future and see how history shapes the narrative of events of this term.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I do agree that people supported Hilary right up until it was pointed out that she rigged the ballots. Then they switched to Trump near the end. I know people who did that, actually. Or once Bernie dropped out, between Hilary and Trump, maybe some trusted Trump more. What floors me is that it was all over the news that Russia rigged Trump's votes, and he was still let into office.

I didn't wanna watch the inauguration myself, but my family member had it on and I was home, so I did watch two or three hours. To be honest, neither Trump nor his wife looked at all happy to be there, and then Twitter forced a bunch of users to follow their accounts later in the evening, and that pissed people off.

But I'm not gonna wish for Trump to fail, because that would be wishing for my country to fall into a terrible state if he does fail. I hope he does ok, I just don't trust him.

It was comforting that his inauguration ceremony wasn't nearly as celebrated as Obama's.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • I didn't wanna watch the inauguration myself, but my family member had it on and I was home, so I did watch two or three hours. To be honest, neither Trump nor his wife looked at all happy to be there

They both seemed very...serious to me. Like the fact of him being president was finally starting to settle in, and it gave them both an almost somber, responsible vibe.

This election and the events around it will be an amazing thing to dissect in the future and see how history shapes the narrative of events of this term.

I completely agree! Regardless of anyone's political views, you have to admit that the 2016 election is one of the most fascinating in our history, and will be analyzed for years to come. From an objective point of view, this election was extremely interesting and will likely shape the future of politics.

yrmrku

Yer-Mur-Ku
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 8, 2017
    What floors me is that it was all over the news that Russia rigged Trump's votes, and he was still let into office.

This is factually untrue. They did not "rig" the elections, they simply (although illegally) revealed Clinton's factual information that in turn made her lose a lot of people's votes. Unlike voter fraud or ballot manipulation, this impact is impossible to quantify which means a recount or revote (which would be even more manipulative as many people would vote differently after seeing the results) would be impossible. People's opinions had already been changed.

What would be more horrifying is if an external entity could disqualify a person's election by releasing "dirt" on their opponent. We'd never have a fair election again, or possibly a president again, as all anyone would have to do is create a scandal for themselves, then let someone leak it and then get their opponent disqualified.

Back